Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2018, 10:24 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
And the woman did nothing wrong.

Get that through your head. And then get over it.

No one is scared of guns and no one is damn sure scared of gun owners.

I don’t need to hide behind large weapons to feel like a man, unlike others.

Btw, I bow hunt, so stop making assumptions.
no one is scared of guns? really? the woman in the story was, thats why she called the cops. there are a lot of people that are afraid of guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 10:37 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,357,323 times
Quote:
It may be when you consider there are people who are too stupid to understand something so simple as this. ^

Remember the black man in Florida who was shot, even though he was cooperating with cops...and he wasn’t even the one that someone called 911 on?

Not a peep from anyone in this thread about that, though. But a white guy with a gun in a public space? That’s irrational and a problem.
Maybe it's because that's not what the subject matter of this thread is?

^ It may be when you consider there are people who are too stupid to understand something so simple as that.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:39 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
no one is scared of guns? really? the woman in the story was, thats why she called the cops. there are a lot of people that are afraid of guns.
Remember the fair-skinned thug who murdered 17 people in Parkland?

And Sutherland Springs?

What about Vegas?

Good for this woman. Exercising her right to call the police when SHE determined a potential threat. I’m sure she didn’t factor the backlash from insecure, insignificant, irrelevant people crying on the internet, so good.

Nothing happened. The woman did what she felt she needed to do, the cop did his job and the man was let go with his little gun. Get over it.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:41 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post

^ It may be when you consider there are people who are too stupid to understand something so simple as that.
A person WIELDING a gun, and not dropping it after being ordered by police is VERY different from someone with a HOLSTERED gun playing with his kids. Maybe there are some that don't understand, nor WANT to understand these blatant differences out of political motivation.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post

Not a peep in those threads about that “subject matter” from anyone posting in this thread.

How that was difficult to understand, I don’t know.

Talk about irony, though.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:44 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Remember the fair-skinned thug who murdered 17 people in Parkland?

And Sutherland Springs?

What about Vegas?

Good for this woman. Exercising her right to call the police when SHE determined a potential threat. I’m sure she didn’t factor the backlash from insecure, insignificant, irrelevant people crying on the internet, so good.

Nothing happened. The woman did what she felt she needed to do, the cop did his job and the man was let go with his little gun. Get over it.
so pick out the mass shootings where the people WERE doing suspicious things before hand, had contact with LEOs and nothing was done, and then they went out and killed a number of people, and compare those situations to a guy DOING NOTHING WRONG and minding his own business, and not having a number of contacts with the LEOs to a rampage killer.

yeah, and of course you say you are not afraid of guns, or someone carrying a gun, riigghhht!!!

Old 04-20-2018, 10:47 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,923,920 times
Quote:
so pick out the mass shootings where the people WERE doing suspicious things before hand, had contact with LEOs and nothing was done, and then they went out and killed a number of people, and compare those situations to a guy DOING NOTHING WRONG and minding his own business, and not having a number of contacts with the LEOs to a rampage killer.

yeah, and of course you say you are not afraid of guns, or someone carrying a gun, riigghhht!!!
Legitimately curious about this

Did those shooters have previous contact with the police?
What was the cause of that contact?

Old 04-20-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:

This may be hard for you to understand, but I didn’t call the cops on the guy, she did.

However, I’d be willing to bet she couldn’t give a Massachusetts what you think.

You weren’t there, so who are you to tell this woman when it is and isn’t okay to call the police on a man with a weapon in a public space.

Get over it.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:59 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,131,910 times
The whole idea of people like this woman, they hope if they harass someone enough for exercising their rights, they will give up their rights.

Old 04-20-2018, 11:15 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
The whole idea of people like this woman, they hope if they harass someone enough for exercising their rights, they will give up their rights.
No, the whole idea is that they see a person with a gun and they call the police to be the ones who can determine if that is a "good guy with a guy" or a "bad guy with a gun". I know I'm not about to confront someone with a gun to ask them, never mind whether I should accept their answer, since I suspect the bad guy with a gun just might lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies