Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 01:26 PM

37,127 posts, read 42,193,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
As much as I would like to believe that there is no way in hell Trump will get a second term, it would not surprise me in the least. So, although I believe Pence would actually be worse, I'm prepared for the nightmare of 7 more years of tRump insanity.
What in his first term so far has you thinking it's a nightmare? Specifics please. And try to do it without gossip, innuendo, or sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2018, 02:30 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But like the Democrat Party, there is nobody around to lead the Republican Party to anything more inclusive and less ideological.
Not yet. These are largely uncharted waters. What is keeping the sane Republicans from acting is if they were to confront Trump, the crazies would rally and through the sheer volume of their collective voices, likely force the other half of their party (the sane half) to abdicate on behalf of the party leader, Trump. So one half is silent, the other half is rabid, and Trump regains control.

The real problem is the soft Fascism that Trump has installed. He wants a military parade, he has appointed many cabinet level positions to military officers, and he has relentlessly attacked the press, which is only reporting the truth when it exposes Trump and his pathological lying.

The good news is I think a majority of Republicans will oppose Fascism, if it were to become a permanent fixture of government. I believe a majority of Republicans who post on this forum would support Fascism, and some thin skinned, deeply ignorant man like Trump who would appoint himself President for life. These are the people you can no longer reach, they will follow Trump into the abyss, and as history proves, many will willingly go down in the flames when all around them is burning.

Old 04-30-2018, 02:39 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,526,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
What in his first term so far has you thinking it's a nightmare? Specifics please. And try to do it without gossip, innuendo, or sex.
I’m certain if you don’t understand, nothing that I say would clarify it for you.

Old 04-30-2018, 05:06 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,388,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
I’m certain if you don’t understand, nothing that I say would clarify it for you.
Vacuous cop~out.

Old 04-30-2018, 06:03 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,552,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Vacuous cop~out.
Nailed it!!!

Old 04-30-2018, 06:07 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,552,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I don't know about that.

Senator Kamala Harris shows some potential.

There are a number of other Democrats who are standing up for inclusiveness, sanity, rule of law, ...

At the moment, I can't think any Republican on the national level.

Does anyone come to mind?
That would be nice for a change!!!!

Old 04-30-2018, 06:14 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,824,019 times
It was lanced when Hitlery did not win.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:35 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,982 times
Obama's administration was the boil - its what you get when Identity Politics festers like the cancerous mass it is and finally erupts into an angry oozing wound.

And out of that comes healing. Trump is the antidote to the rot that has infected America.

Or he could be - right now he seems to be zigzagging.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:36 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I don't know about that.

Senator Kamala Harris shows some potential.

There are a number of other Democrats who are standing up for inclusiveness, sanity, rule of law, ...

At the moment, I can't think any Republican on the national level.

Does anyone come to mind?
Obama in a skirt.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:51 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,659,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Obama in a skirt.
Really? In what ways are they so similar?

And I think after this craziness that is Trump, we will have some chaotic times while sane people fight to bring some normalcy to this country. If people didn't like what Obama did, the reaction has gone way too far in the opposite direction and a lot of people are starting to realize that. They've had their laughs and if they really care about their country they'll want to end this craziness and try to find a middle ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies