Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2018, 03:48 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,584,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post

Now if you wear a qi pao or cheongsam for Halloween, that's probably not good.
What would be wrong with that?

Chinese women wear Western wedding gowns to their wedding ceremonies and receptions and Japanese couples even pay white men to pose as priests and pastors and conduct fake Christian wedding services in chapels all over Japan and the Far East.

What is possibly wrong about wearing a qipao or cheongsam for Halloween?

Last edited by Salmonburgher; 05-02-2018 at 04:45 AM..

Old 05-02-2018, 03:57 AM

26,507 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Yup, so this dude is just a straight up racist anti-Semitic clown
Let's be honest. In leftist bizzaro world, his racist tweets aren't racist, because he is a person of color who happens to be an extreme liberal social justice warrior.

The initial defense for his use of the N word was that it was years ago...now we have tweets of his from THIS YEAR where he uses the N word (to criticize black people) and you still have liberal whackos defending his use of the N word, because he isn't a "colonizer."

The irony is, he isn't much different than a colonizer. He immigrates to America and then starts telling Americans what they can and can't wear to prom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post

Look at this jerk, my culture isn't your god damn beverage container!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Landis_Mason

The man who invented the mason jar died in poverty, how disrespectful to enjoy a drink from it and not even have the nerve to be white!
This idiot moved to America as an immigrant...presumably to at least partake in our culture - to go from a cultural outsider to an insider.

This idiot preaches "diversity" and "tolerance" all while writing racist tweets about blacks and whites.

This idiot supports multiculturalism and globalism while not wanting his culture to spread globally to other cultures - except the parts that he wants, which excludes dresses.

Old 05-02-2018, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
My half-Chinese daughter did not care for the group pose and felt that she could see how it might come across as offensive...
My understanding is that the hand gestures are a reference to Ethan Klein @h3h3productions and the boys are doing “vape nation” and the girls are doing “papa bless”.

The poses are thus apparently not in any way mocking another race or culture.

Old 05-02-2018, 04:01 AM

32,943 posts, read 36,378,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
This whole situation and ones like this are completely idiotic and look at the 23 pages of nonsense. If I went into a karaoke bar in Tokyo or Beijing and told the Asian customers they cannot sing Elvis songs they would look at me like I had two heads. And rightly so.
I chose 20 responses per page, so I'm only on 12.

Old 05-02-2018, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
My daughter had no clue and she's the same age as that girl. She found the pose questionable, and she's half Chinese so I'm not about to tell her she shouldn't give it the side eye.
If your daughter was born and raised in America and does not speak Chinese and does not follow Chinese cultural customs, then, she is not really half Chinese. She's just part ethnically Chinese.

I know that may come across as incredibly assuming, on my part, and if I am wrong in my assumption re your daughter, please accept my apology. But, I have seen so many ABCs over the years who come to China moaning about racism and cultural insensitivity in America, only to get woke to what real racism and cultural insensitivity is when met by the same from real Chinese people who mock them for not being really Chinese.

Racism is the belief that a person's race/ethnicity determines his/her character and intelligence and behavior.

Old 05-02-2018, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I'm not surprised it was an 'Asian American' who initially posted the tweet expressing outrage. Reminds me of this video where some Asian Americans are eating Panda Express, and as if they are following a predictable script, turn their snobby faces at the food because it ain't authentic. Well, they fed Asians from mainland Asia the same food and they liked it.
Haha! My Chinese wife loves a lot of American Chinese food. She knows that it is not usually authentic. But, she finds it interesting!

Old 05-02-2018, 04:33 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
That may be the case, but the problem is that these people get way more attention than they deserve and not enough normal left leaning folks are willing to come out and denounce this kind of silliness.....

In essence, you are kind of letting them represent your whole party, even if you don't agree with them.
Plenty have on this thread and on social media.

Old 05-02-2018, 05:23 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
That may be the case, but the problem is that these people get way more attention than they deserve and not enough normal left leaning folks are willing to come out and denounce this kind of silliness.....

In essence, you are kind of letting them represent your whole party, even if you don't agree with them.
This whole little story shouldn't be a thing. It became a thing because some conservatives jumped on it.

There is no law that says liberals now have to prove to conservatives that they think this is issue is a non-issue.

That's so ridiculous.

Old 05-02-2018, 06:18 AM

25 posts, read 24,781 times
Here is my take on how idiotic these liberal asswipes are. In liberal land if you think or identify as a woman or a man you are one. What if this girl identifies as an Asian? Rachael Doltzhead said she identified as black and darkened her skin and took a job with the NdoubleLCP. These people really are crazy. They are children being lead by idiots

Old 05-02-2018, 06:21 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
Aww man, this means I cant dress up as the Black Panther or Captain America on Halloween without offending white and black folks.

That sucks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies