Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 09:52 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,924,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
It's kind of obvious when they're sneaking over the border nowhere near a port of entry. It's kind of obvious when asked for any documentation and they have NONE that they're not here legally. It's kind of obvious when asked why they're here they claim asylum because their husband was mean to them.
Sorry, no due process needed other than toss 'em back from whence they came.

At this point in time ANY person headed to the U.S. (unless you've lived under a rock or been deaf/dumb for life or are mentally challenged absolutely KNOWS how to enter properly and they absolutely KNOW when they're sneaking in and that it's ILLEGAL.

At this point in time everyone with a Visa or Green Card KNOWS that they are required to carry it just like you're required to carry your drivers license when driving or your passport to identify yourself when in another country.
This is my favorite part of the constitution, it's in the small print of course, "In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, [except when It's "kind of obvious"]

Old 06-25-2018, 09:55 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
With that kind of error rate you want to give ICE the authority to just start tossing people out of the US because it's "kind of obvious"?

Why don't you start by telling us what the error "rate" is? Not isolated examples but overall percentages. Do you have any remote clue? Moreover, do you know how this rate compares with the error rate that "due process" provides in criminal court?

Old 06-25-2018, 09:55 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
We are talking about immediate removals of illegal entrants caught crossing the border. Caught in the act. Most of whom don't even claim to be authorized, once informed that fraudulently claiming to be a citizen is another charge.
Try running into a restricted area at an airport and see if they conduct an extensive investigation before physically removing you from the restricted area. I mean, how do they know you aren't an undercover air marshall testing their security? You'll have about 15 seconds to whip out some documentation proving it. And if they decide to let you go with a warning, they aren't going to let you go in the restricted area.
Airport security has NOTHING to do with what we are talking about and you can't just deport people when they cross the border because they have the right to cross the border, even between ports of entry and apply for asylum.

Old 06-25-2018, 09:56 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,924,330 times
Quote:
Why don't you start by telling us what the error "rate" is? Not isolated examples but overall percentages. Do you have any remote clue? Moreover, do you know how this rate compares with the error rate that "due process" provides in criminal court?
Inconsequential

Old 06-25-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
This is my favorite part of the constitution, it's in the small print of course, "In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, [except when It's "kind of obvious"]

Mine too because it proves that due process does not apply to immediate removals since the illegal entrants being taken back are not being criminally prosecuted.

Old 06-25-2018, 09:57 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
The error rate is obvious, almost 1500 citizens who never should have been arrested or detained, that shouldn't have happened but at least those people were afforded due process and were eventually released.

Old 06-25-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Inconsequential

Prove it. You don't have a clue about the error rate of either and your ignorance has been exposed.

Old 06-25-2018, 09:58 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,047,471 times
Quote:
We are talking about immediate removals of illegal entrants caught crossing the border. Caught in the act. Most of whom don't even claim to be authorized, once informed that fraudulently claiming to be a citizen is another charge.

Try running into a restricted area at an airport and see if they conduct an extensive investigation before physically removing you from the restricted area. I mean, how do they know you aren't an undercover air marshall testing their security? You'll have about 15 seconds to whip out some documentation proving it. And if they decide to let you go with a warning, they aren't going to let you go in the restricted area.

Correct. Illegal invaders should receive no due process, no rights, and no expectation of kind treatment. Invading our border should be met with cold, harsh, bounce back. If you want asylum, apply for it. Before coming. You don't have a right to it. You ask for it. And if the answer is no, you make the best of it in your own country.

In any case, we have a short memory with the 24 hour news cycle. This was and is an organized invasion. Let's go back to April.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1HA01X

Old 06-25-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The error rate is obvious, almost 1500 citizens who never should have been arrested or detained, that shouldn't have happened but at least those people were afforded due process and were eventually released.

Hello? Do you know what a rate is? Absolute numbers do not indicate a rate. (Look who wants to invoke "obvious" now!)

Old 06-25-2018, 10:02 AM

15,534 posts, read 10,510,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
We have so so so many people right here in the U.S. who are in dire need of help...and yet, our churches and companies, even the monies we donate are farmed out to other countries....why?

When we have children who go to school without breakfast?

Children whose parents have been arrested and sent to jail and are now in foster care? Our own systems are broken, and yet, your church chooses to help others break the laws, rather than help our own.
In Texas, Catholic and Lutheran charities have been making tons of money with these kids. This has been going on for well over twenty years that I know of, probably much longer. You'd think a church would be not for profit, but that's not true. It's has played a large part in turning me off to organized religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies