Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2018, 09:59 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
It's funny, I used to think Righties just skipped over the First Amendment in their haste to get to the Second Amendment. But then I read a thread like this (or one supporting moronic Trump and his obsessive bigotry playing out in the NFL) and i see that they aren't skipping the First Amendment, they just don't think it covers the people they disagree with.
So because I post a thread stating my opinion (free speech) I am somehow infringing on his 1st Amendment rights? Nothing in the 1st Amendment protects you from disagreement or ridicule.

I even stated that I support his right to organize a protest, even though I don't agree with him. You seem to be confused as to what the 1st Amendment means. It means he can say what he wants but that his statements are open to criticism from those who disagree.

Btw, I'm not a "rightie" or a "leftie". I'm someone who disagrees with idiocy on both sides and enjoys pointing out the utter hypocrisy of the self righteous left who have created the majority of the problems we are currently dealing with re: junior psychopaths.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2018, 10:07 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
I swear Pubs are the biggest group of snowflakes. Read some of their insipid comments. Attacking a teenager who should be applauded for his public involvement because it hurts their poor little feelings. Most the comments are personal and not aimed at his message. Given that these conservatives are probably 50+ in age, it only makes them all the more pathetic.

Old 05-26-2018, 10:07 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
So because I post a thread stating my opinion (free speech) I am somehow infringing on his 1st Amendment rights? Nothing in the 1st Amendment protects you from disagreement or ridicule.

I even stated that I support his right to organize a protest, even though I don't agree with him. You seem to be confused as to what the 1st Amendment means. It means he can say what he wants but that his statements are open to criticism from those who disagree.

Btw, I'm not a "rightie" or a "leftie". I'm someone who disagrees with idiocy on both sides and enjoys pointing out the utter hypocrisy of the self righteous left who have created the majority of the problems we are currently dealing with re: junior psychopaths.
I'm sorry, somehow I missed that you were the only one who had posted in this 100+ post thread. It must take a lot of effort keeping all of those different log in names straight!

Old 05-26-2018, 10:09 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
Quote:
It's funny, I used to think Righties just skipped over the First Amendment in their haste to get to the Second Amendment. But then I read a thread like this (or one supporting moronic Trump and his obsessive bigotry playing out in the NFL) and i see that they aren't skipping the First Amendment, they just don't think it covers the people they disagree with.
True or false.
You need permission of an establishment to hold any event on its premises?
You also need a permit ahead of time.

If I want to protest gun laws. I need a permit to be somewhere to do it.
These heathens are doing as they damn well please.

You're going to lay down on the floor... in a grocery store... and you don't see any possible way this could be a bad idea.

With a tropical storm warning and it being memorial day weekend...
Speaks for the level of maturity foresight one has.

Let some snow bird retiree trip over one of those punks and fall. See how great they're welcomed for lying down on the ground for creating a hazard.

No different than the idiots playing in traffic getting hit by cars to protest.
There's a right way and wrong way to do things.
This isn't the right way to protest.

Be a normal person and go stand outside in the parking lot and chant.
Lay down on the floor in a grocery store?

The stupid is rampant. Then again. That will happen with a diet of tide pods...

Old 05-26-2018, 10:13 AM

824 posts, read 1,177,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I swear Pubs are the biggest group of snowflakes. Read some of their insipid comments. Attacking a teenager who should be applauded for his public involvement because it hurts their poor little feelings. Most the comments are personal and not aimed at his message. Given that these conservatives are probably 50+ in age, it only makes them all the more pathetic.
david hogg is not a teenager, he is a fraud and a snake and he knows it, so get off the left/right paradigm.

Old 05-26-2018, 10:14 AM

824 posts, read 1,177,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
1st amendment (free speech) is also about property rights

your intellectual property of freedom to speak your mind is a right

your intellectual property to build, create and hone skills is a property, its yours and your alone

the anti-gun nutters wanting to revoke the 2nd amendment have no freaking clue, but if you revoke the 2nd amendment, you just lost the 1st , 4th, and 5th amendments also
and we will have no country left as well, just proves how the left and their rino operatives truly suck today.

Old 05-26-2018, 10:16 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, somehow I missed that you were the only one who had posted in this 100+ post thread. It must take a lot of effort keeping all of those different log in names straight!
I haven't seen anyone say that he shouldn't be allowed to speak, but even if they did it's still covered under free speech. You don't get to pick and choose what opinions are put forth and then claim that you support free speech.

This country is nearly completely polarized. There is a good chance that nearly half of the country is going to disagree with any sort of political statement. Whining about free speech simply because you disagree with other people's criticism of someone who you believe is a hero is a waste of time.

But, in the interest of free speech, carry on if you so wish.

Old 05-26-2018, 10:34 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
You are so right. They are the biggest group of snowflakes out there. Given that they support the biggest snowflake of all, it is no wonder all they do is whine daily.

Old 05-26-2018, 10:51 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
Quote:
I thought we voted against our economic interests?
Wait... Hogg called for people to not go on spring break in florida...

Who's working against their economic interests?

Who is the snow flake that is trying to do as much economic harm they possibly can?

Last I checked... Publix employs a ton of highschool aged kids...

Perhaps if they had a job, a sense of fulfilment they wouldn't be going around like snowflakes to bring attention to their cause...
But do go on the path to vilify every entity that doesn't support your cause.
Destruction is the quickest way to gain public support...

Old 05-26-2018, 12:10 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,838,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamifloridafan View Post
David hogg can kiss my a** for all I care, he's a damn fraud and will get what he deserves, he will get what is coming.

Tell what is coming then, tough guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies