Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2018, 08:22 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I do not want Jay Z to be president, either.

Or the Kardasians.

Or Sarah Palin.

I can go on, but are you getting my point here? I want people who have read the Constitution and know what it means. People who are educated. People who understand how to run a country. People who understand foreign and domestic policy.

Those kinds of people. Hell, I'd love Condi Rice in office. At least that woman knows what she's talking about when she's talking politics.

I don't need to agree with a president. I just need to have confidence that they know what they are doing. I do not have that with Trump because I am 100% certain that he has no clue. Source: I DO know more about politics than he does.

And, no, I am not interested in running for office.
cool! in 6 years you will join me in voting for Ted Cruz right?

Old 06-04-2018, 08:23 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Because liberals were happy as pig in slop when Obummers signed EO's--ergo, they should be pleased when Trump does it..right?
I think that EOs are fine, but they are not a substitute for proper governing.

I just think it was pretty hypocritical of Trump to constantly whine about Obama doing stuff like signing EOs and golfing when he's done MORE of both of those things in a year and a half than Obama did in 8.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:24 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
cool! in 6 years you will join me in voting for Ted Cruz right?
If he was running against someone as unqualified as Trump?

Yes. I will be joining you. Let's make a lunch of it.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
I think Obama was generally just a pleasant guy in terms of how Obama treated the press himself.

That had a lot to do with it.
Obama was treated pleasantly by the press because they agreed with him politically.

Had he been treated "Fairly" the press would have dogged him over fund raisers with weather underground unrepentant terrorists

fast and furious

IRS scandals

and a whole host of other things that had he been republican, he would have been daily raked over the coals over.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:25 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
Quote:
I think Obama was generally just a pleasant guy in terms of how Obama treated the press himself.

That had a lot to do with it.
If you were one of my personal friends, wouldn't you expect me to treat you nicer than I would someone I considered an enemy?

Old 06-04-2018, 08:26 AM

Quote:

great! its gonna be fanstatic in 2024!

Old 06-04-2018, 08:28 AM

Quote:
But, was it because he was kind in interviews? Was it because he was a good speaker and a good interview subject? Was it because he was fairly popular and they wanted to be sure not to tick off their audiences?

So many possibilities, really.

Prior to being elected, Trump was pretty popular with the press, too.

So, what went wrong?
Where were you when all this was going on? Good Speaker? Yeah, if he was using a teleprompter. I am sure some interviews were edited to eliminate hemming and hawing when he wasn't using one.

Trump was not popular with the press. He did get a lot of press, though. Usually bad.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:30 AM

So in terms of policy, Mr. Trump has been pretty conventionally conservative. Nothing off the rails.

The one exception is putting "fair trade" into action.

for the record the first time I heard that term "fair trade" I heard it here on C-D from some of my more centrist/liberal UNION supporting fellow posters.

So in terms of what he has actually DONE, Trump has been pretty conventional. He does have a habit of bringing a nuclear bomb to a mild disagreement.... But those on the left need to understand that this is what WE on the right have wanted. our side has taken it repeatedly on the chin over every little thing and have offered nothing in response.

so really Trump has been purely in the box. His really great sin is
1. not being liberal
2. defending himself.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:31 AM

Quote:
I think that EOs are fine, but they are not a substitute for proper governing.

I just think it was pretty hypocritical of Trump to constantly whine about Obama doing stuff like signing EOs and golfing when he's done MORE of both of those things in a year and a half than Obama did in 8.
I believe that many of Trump's EOs were to rescind the (sometimes unconstitutional) EOs made by Obama. It would be difficult to criticize one president's use of EOs to eliminate another's EOs. If one didn't require Congress to do the job, then why should the next one?

Old 06-04-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:

Then you should like me. I voted for Cruz in the primary, but no way could I have voted HRC in the general. I was apprehensive when Trump got elected, but ecstatic that HRC lost. Now that Trump has been in for a while, I still cringe sometimes by what he says, but I like what he has done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies