Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2018, 02:30 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Too late... I went there.
Yeah. Too far gone.

Sad.

Last edited by Cali Doll; 06-03-2018 at 02:50 PM..

Old 06-03-2018, 02:32 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
Psychologists were reporting seeing a Trump-related disorder in patients months before the election ... and then it surged just after election. It's real and it's still going.
They were not.

LOL. Why say stuff that bizarre? It's not true.

Old 06-03-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
OP, I'll only write that many mental disorders aren't formally identified until years after symptoms started showing
Of course not. But, Trump will be dead and buried before they ever have time to sit and come up with a name for it and I do not know if he'll get any credit.

Old 06-03-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I hope those suffering from TDS find peace in their miserable lives some day.
One could also hope that people who want to stick it to other Americans so much that they'll vote for someone as morally bankrupt and thoroughly unqualified as Trump might find peace in theirs, too.

I would not call either of these scenarios a mental disorder, though.

Old 06-03-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
where was salon when the left was using obama derangement syndrome or even earlier when it was bush derangement syndrome? and where were you when these were also tossed out regularly?
Nope. I cannot say that I was. I would've said that it was silly then, too.

Old 06-03-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
at least you also recognize the fact that if we are going to bring more civility to political discourse, we have to start with ourselves. jesus once said remove the log from your own eye before you try to remove the twig from your neighbors eye.

but until we become more civil in our political discourse, we are going to see issues like the ones with rosanne and samantha bee.
Absolutely we will. And, I am not above occasionally smacking back at someone when they keep at me. I get tired of the nonsense.

But, overall, I think that every thread I ever started in here to try to discuss something in as nonpartisan a way as possible has always devolved into a thing where people from both sides of the fence try to troll one another and I just give up.

This thread has been quite civilized compared to ones in the past, actually.

Old 06-03-2018, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Perhaps we need to redefine the terminology.

After all, for people to refer to Trump as the God King seems pretty deranged to me.
I think that's kinda popular because so many people seemed to think that Democrats saw Obama as some sort of monarch. I mean, I never knew any Democrats who did that, but I saw it mentioned often enough by the right wing that I guess it was a popular talking point somewhere.

You'd think that after trying to get out from under British rule and form this country that we'd be very leery of labeling any president as a God or a King.

Old 06-03-2018, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Too late... I went there.
I know.... and I wasn't surprised. LOL.

Old 06-03-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
Just a wild guess but is the Johnson voted for Gary Johnson the libertarian as opposed to LBJ who beat Goldwater in 1964?
LOL! I forgot about him. He's a bit daffy, that guy.

Okay.... whew. Well, my overall sentiment still applies unless he's a Millennial.

Old 06-03-2018, 02:41 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
This.

This.

I will never ever forget this.

I was reservedly surprised of Trump's Election 2016 victory, but not so much locally. I live in a conservative enclave of one of the most liberal and poor sections of Southeastern Colorado. I've seen posted signs all over the town supporting Trump and Pence at the residential level, commercial, as well. There was some Hillary Clinton support, but surprisingly not so much, nothing like that for Obama.

I liked The Apprentice show pretty well, wasn't a huge fan of Trump himself, but didn't dislike the man. I thought he would be a rough boss to work for, finding his children to be fair. The philanthropy of the show was the draw.

I would be the last person to pick Trump to lead the Republican Party, having hopes for Marco Rubio or Cruz or Ben Carson or Rand Paul or... I always hated Chris Christie, especially since seeing him cross the river into Philadelphia to watch the Cowboys with Jerry Jones.

I had no reason to side with Donald J Trump. But when I saw how fiercely folks on the left bashed Trump, I smelled fear.

I saw the ineptitude of the other 16 or so impotent fools in the GOP primaries and their utter inability of them to stand up to the garbage of the lefties, the msm, the "Intelligence" weaponized politicized community, academia, Hollywood, y'all.

President Donald J Trump came in and cleaned Y'alls clocks, he's doing it today, and he's gonna do it tomorrow, the day after that, and the day after that.

I'm just as shocked as y'all are. But I'm joyful.
LOL, yep. I live in is long time Democrat area but you could sense something different. At first people were quiet but even as the media Trump bashing went on people still gave Trump a listen and support for Trump got stronger.

I do think part of it was understanding that we would need someone who would not cower to liberals and Dems and when people saw that he wasn't afraid to fight back (along with liking other things he said) they decided to put their full support behind Trump. Dems and Liberals don't like it when others fight back which is why they despise Trump. I actually think the liberal Trump bashing worked against them. The others would let liberals walk all over them. I'm glad Trump was elected and think the country missed the final bullet in their effort to change the fundamentals of American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies