Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2018, 02:50 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I am not, at least for the sadistic worst .001% such as Hitler, Mengele, MS13 and the like who behead people while murdering them.
Hitler and Mengele were on the opposing side in a brutal war.

I think we have plenty of operatives who work for the US who brutalize people. It's all on the down low, of course, but it's not like there's some sort of "US Good, Others Bad" thing.

Let's not kid ourselves.

Still, I think it sends the wrong message to refer to people as animals. It's just common sense to refer to their actions, not their personhood.

Old 06-02-2018, 02:52 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,043 times
The definition of disorder is "a state of confusion". How does TDS not meet this definition?

Old 06-02-2018, 02:52 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I don't really care for Rachel Maddow.

I also told dozens of people that I thought Trump might win.

I think he's a horrible president. What in the world has he actually done that's good? He sucks at public speaking, so his trips are weird because the other world leaders are polished and articulate and he sounds like a doofus.

He has signed a ton of EOs, something he swore he would not do and criticized Obama for doing, but he sure loves those things.... even when they will never amount to anything, he signs them and declares them a victory.

Anyone can sign paper they probably didn't read.

He cannot get anything brokered in Congress and he's got a Republican-controlled Congress. Any other R by now would have been really cranking things out with Congress because that's every President's dream scenario, to have a Congress tilted in their favor.

He just tweets and says weird crap like how we'll stop buying Mercedes because they're German and he has no idea that we have Mercedes plants in the US and Chevy plants in Mexico.

He's just not knowledgeable about running a country and has zero desire, so it seems, to learn about it.

I think the stories that come out once he leaves office will be a major eye opener.
- My taxes went down bringing the standard deduction in line with todays cost of living,
- the economy is better,
- He has taken a surprisingly tough line with Russia,
- He got NATO allies to kick in $12 billion more toward our collective security,
- ISIS is on the run... FOR REAL this time (if not eliminated the Islamic State’s physical caliphate),
- a strong defense posture (peace through strength),
- he doesn't cower to liberals and stands up to them,
- talks with NK leader although we don't know what will happen,
- He, not Hillary Clinton (Obama 2.0), was inaugurated as president,
- I am no fined if I don't buy extremely expensive health care insurance. That was a biggie because I couldn't' afford $1,500 a month

I particularly like that leaders like Putin and Un don't know what to make of him

Despite all the carping in the mainstream press about “chaos” and “ineptitude” in the Oval Office, President Trump has actually accomplished quite a lot

Old 06-02-2018, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
People were stunned because it was all over the liberal media that Hillary was going to win by a landslide. Of course when you refuse to listen to anything from the opposing side but instead pull out the race card to silence them how in the world could they see otherwise. When the race card was played when people spoke out against the liberal agenda, people understood their opinion didn't matter. The left's political correctness bit them in the arse. People were silenced so instead they spoke with their vote. And the left refusing to listen could not know to change course. No one wants to feel they don't matter but liberals made it obvious that only they matter.
Uh.... the race card? What race card? Trump and Clinton are both white people.

I guess I never saw it like that because I am not sitting around staring at TV shows that tell me what to think.

I formed my opinion about the possibility that he'd win by observing people who were not Clinton fans and were thinking of voting for him because they could not bring themselves to vote for her and they felt they had no other options, actually.

I know a lot of people like that.

That is when I realized that he might win. When people I consider to be intelligent people were really considering a vote for Trump.

I figured if they hated Clinton so much they'd vote for someone they didn't really want and hope for the best, there was a real problem for Clinton. I guess I should have called her people and told them.

LOL.

I am serious when I say that I was not all upset that Clinton herself did not win. It was hers to win or lose. She screwed up.

I am still kinda salty over Republicans choosing this dumbass as their candidate, though. History will not view him with any sort of kindness.

Old 06-02-2018, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Settle down Clarence.

Exactly where in my post did I say you were defending MS-13?

Assuming comments made about a general group of people are directed at you specifically is another symptom of TDS .....

And for the record, Trump never called all Mexicans, Hispanics or "Brown People" animals
How's it going in Puerto Rico?

See? This is what I mean about optics.

It's easy to ignore them if you're white.

And, you were replying to my comment, so why would it be odd that I'd think you were speaking to me?

Old 06-02-2018, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I would guess the first symptom of TDS is denying it exists.
You really went low for that one. Kinda like hitting your kid brother and then calling him a whiner if he complains, isn't it?

Old 06-02-2018, 03:00 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Uh.... the race card? What race card? Trump and Clinton are both white people.

I guess I never saw it like that because I am not sitting around staring at TV shows that tell me what to think.

I formed my opinion about the possibility that he'd win by observing people who were not Clinton fans and were thinking of voting for him because they could not bring themselves to vote for her and they felt they had no other options, actually.

I know a lot of people like that.

That is when I realized that he might win. When people I consider to be intelligent people were really considering a vote for Trump.

I figured if they hated Clinton so much they'd vote for someone they didn't really want and hope for the best, there was a real problem for Clinton. I guess I should have called her people and told them.

LOL.

I am serious when I say that I was not all upset that Clinton herself did not win. It was hers to win or lose. She screwed up.

I am still kinda salty over Republicans choosing this dumbass as their candidate, though. History will not view him with any sort of kindness.
Wise people don't waste their time HATING. And people who couldn't bring themselves to vote for Hillary simply understood one or both of the following,

Hillary with her hot sauce is a pandering elitist who has a private and public opinion and who has a long history of self serving corruption with a disregard for the law the rest of us are expected to abide. Hillary didn't have any new idea's, she was simply Obama 2.0 and the people had enough of that. When I realized the media would cover for her wrongdoing, when I realized she was going to continue with Obama's "changing the fundamentals of America" she lost my vote.

Democrats should have nominated someone for the people, not for the elitist, but the DNC made sure Hillary would be nominated no matter who ran against her including Bernie.

Last edited by petch751; 06-02-2018 at 03:13 PM..

Old 06-02-2018, 03:03 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Quote:
Hitler and Mengele were on the opposing side in a brutal war.

I think we have plenty of operatives who work for the US who brutalize people. It's all on the down low, of course, but it's not like there's some sort of "US Good, Others Bad" thing.

Let's not kid ourselves.

Still, I think it sends the wrong message to refer to people as animals. It's just common sense to refer to their actions, not their personhood.
I disagree, and consider all who behead like MS 13 sub-humans animals.

Old 06-02-2018, 04:18 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
Labeling anybody that disagrees with you as mentally ill is not good mental health

Old 06-02-2018, 04:20 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,088,745 times
Quote:
Interesting piece from last year in Salon. https://www.salon.com/2017/01/08/you...e-his-critics/

"Ironically, efforts to pathologize or psychologize those who oppose Donald Trump actually reflect deeper problems with both him as a candidate and now president-elect, as well as his supporters. Psychologists and other observers have concluded that Donald Trump may suffer from narcissistic personality disorder. He is an egomaniac with delusions of grandeur. Trump is also profoundly ignorant, and as the Atlantic pointed out in a blistering condemnation during the 2016 campaign, "he appears not to read." His movement possesses the attributes of a political cult. Trump is now also the leader of a Republican Party (and broader conservative movement) that acts more like a religion than a functional political organization interested in responsible governance."

I see this constantly on this forum, and I'm not sure if people who constantly go on about it realize that nobody actually thinks this is a disorder. It's just a nuisance where people toss it casually into any attempt to hold a conversation where parties are not in agreement.
I will just have to categorize your post as a TDS. TRUMP DERANGEMENT SCHUMERIZM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies