Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2018, 02:09 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Nor is it JFK’s Democratic Party anymore. It’s worse now, but if the Republican Party has changed with Trump it has moved more to the center, because a lot of what Trump pushes is definitely nor far right, like some leftists think.
I don't think that anyone thinks Trump's stuff is far right except for the white nationalist nonsense that he refuses to reject because he is worried about his popularity ratings.

Old 06-03-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Anyone who tries to equate the (hard-core) Lefties' resentments about Trump with conservative angst over Obama is only fooling him/herself; The wailing, complaining and gnashing of teeth over there in Deep Left Field never stops. and I can only attribute this to the fact that the Leftist dream of a permanent Democratic hegemony was set far, far back.

Too bad y'all lost ….. it's time to grow up and play some realpolitik.

And I voted for Johnson, BTW.
I'm way too young to have been voting back then. Johnson was more around the time I was born.

So, really, how much do you want to change things? I mean, if you could vote for Johnson, you're not a kid anymore... do you need a country that's like you want it or like the generations after you want it, since they are likely to be living in it for far longer?

Not to be morbid, but it's a serious thing and I even ask people my own age this same question. I'm a Gen Xer. Do I really want to force a world that isn't how Millennials and the generation after them are going to want it? Because it seems incredibly selfish with me being middle aged at this point.

Old 06-03-2018, 02:15 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times
Perhaps we need to redefine the terminology.

After all, for people to refer to Trump as the God King seems pretty deranged to me.

Old 06-03-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I've used the term TDS. Though I think some opponents of Trump and Obama have a disorder, you'll never see an official disorder classification for them.

Interesting you start a thread calling TDS "a nuisance where people toss it casually into any attempt to hold a conversation where parties are not in agreement." I see many more negative characterizations of Trump supporters casually tossed about when there are disagreements; many show up in this very thread. In fact, the article you quote isn't exactly conducive to conversation.
I think it was just trying to point out that the people yelling the loudest about people having a disorder are trying to gaslight people who disagree with them.

I don't think it meant much more than that.

Of course there are some people who are really around the bend on the far ends of the spectrum, but is that even a lot of people or most people? Nah.

We are all more alike than different in most cases.

Most people are clustered around the middle of the spectrum, and spreading a bit toward either direction.

Old 06-03-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Yes it's real, very real and while others don't see I think it is almost "cult like"
Nahhh... some people are nutjobs, but that's not party specific.

There's no syndrome. No disorder. Just people who don't like him and/or his politics.

Old 06-03-2018, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Trump Derangement Syndrome(TDS) is a real mental illness.
Tests and studies have proved it is caused by an airborne pathogen, called verbal stupidity.
The symptoms are, a lack of reasoning, leading to irrational behavior, with the needle in their moral compass, deformed drastically.
The only cure is to be RED PILLED. To straighten the needle on their moral compass, to increased their value in society.
I don't think you want to go there, because that same kind of rhetoric can be used on his supporters.

LOL.

Old 06-03-2018, 02:23 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Trump Derangement Syndrome(TDS) is a real mental illness.
Tests and studies have proved it is caused by an airborne pathogen, called verbal stupidity.
The symptoms are, a lack of reasoning, leading to irrational behavior, with the needle in their moral compass, deformed drastically.
The only cure is to be RED PILLED. To straighten the needle on their moral compass, to increased their value in society.
I could tell you where to get a good gas mask, but it is probably too late.

Old 06-03-2018, 02:23 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I don't think you want to go there, because that same kind of rhetoric can be used on his supporters.

LOL.

Too late... I went there.

Old 06-03-2018, 02:28 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I'm way too young to have been voting back then. Johnson was more around the time I was born.

So, really, how much do you want to change things? I mean, if you could vote for Johnson, you're not a kid anymore... do you need a country that's like you want it or like the generations after you want it, since they are likely to be living in it for far longer?

Not to be morbid, but it's a serious thing and I even ask people my own age this same question. I'm a Gen Xer. Do I really want to force a world that isn't how Millennials and the generation after them are going to want it? Because it seems incredibly selfish with me being middle aged at this point.
Just a wild guess but is the Johnson voted for Gary Johnson the libertarian as opposed to LBJ who beat Goldwater in 1964?

Old 06-03-2018, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
This.

I was reservedly surprised of Trump's Election 2016 victory, but not so much locally. I live in a conservative enclave of one of the most liberal and poor sections of Southeastern Colorado. I've seen posted signs all over the town supporting Trump and Pence at the residential level, commercial, as well. There was some Hillary Clinton support, but surprisingly not so much, nothing like that for Obama.

I liked The Apprentice show pretty well, wasn't a huge fan of Trump himself, but didn't dislike the man. I thought he would be a rough boss to work for, finding his children to be fair. The philanthropy of the show was the draw.

I would be the last person to pick Trump to lead the Republican Party, having hopes for Marco Rubio or Cruz or Ben Carson or Rand Paul or... I always hated Chris Christie, especially since seeing him cross the river into Philadelphia to watch the Cowboys with Jerry Jones.

I had no reason to side with Donald J Trump. But when I saw how fiercely folks on the left bashed Trump, I smelled fear.

I saw the ineptitude of the other 16 or so impotent fools in the GOP primaries and their utter inability of them to stand up to the garbage of the lefties, the msm, the "Intelligence" weaponized politicized community, academia, Hollywood, y'all.

President Donald J Trump came in and cleaned Y'alls clocks, he's doing it today, and he's gonna do it tomorrow, the day after that, and the day after that.

I'm just as shocked as y'all are. But I'm joyful.
I did not like the Apprentice, but I do not like reality TV at all. None of it.

I disliked Trump. Always have.

The fear you smelled was fear that people would elect someone so woefully inept. It wasn't fear of him being so great that he'd win.

I don't think the other R candidates were all inept. Ben Carson was way out of his element and I think Cary Fiorina needed more experience, too. But, the others were experienced, even if Christie was never going to win because he's too corrupt.

I have no doubt that if Kasich or maybe Rubio or Jeb had been the nominee, this would have been a regular election cycle and one of them would probably have won because too many heartland voters didn't like Clinton. I know people who voted for Clinton who would have easily voted for Kasich, for example. So, there might have even been some votes picked up. We cannot ignore the fact that there were those who voted AGAINST Trump who would have voted for pretty much any other R candidate and there were people who voted Trump who would have voted for pretty much any other R candidate.

Lots of people hated Clinton.

But, she still won the popular vote and that matters because it's pretty clear that a lot of people liked her and/or disliked Trump enough to vote against him by voting FOR her.

Trump didn't do a thing but just go out there and say whatever he thought people wanted to hear. He had a really ruthless campaign manager and we have to give credit where it is due, because he did not think he'd win. That is why he spent so much time running his mouth about rigged elections. His next move, in his mind, was to try to cause a storm over the results when he lost. But... he won. Imagine his shock! No... don't. Just go look at his face and how it was thoroughly drained of color when he won. LOL. His opponents were not inept. They were just following the same polite rules of discourse that Clinton and Sanders were following over on the D side, thinking that this was how we behaved during elections because they are all civil people and know how to conduct themselves in a respectful manner in things like debates. That was their mistake. Not taking the gloves off and going after Trump. Ditto the press. They really screwed up.

I'm not joyful that we have a president that makes us a damned laughing stock all over the world. I would not, however, care if we had a Republican president. I have personally voted for plenty of those in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies