Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 09:27 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times

Advertisements

Yet again we see the habitually dishonest, "Politically correct" Democrat left trying to forcefully impose their unhelpful revisions of common words and terms onto our society.

Curvy has traditionally meant Marilyn Monroe type sexy curves, not rolls of blubber that are either unattractively bursting out in all the wrong places, or that are being carefully covered by tent-like garments designed to hide the blubber (curves according to the "Political correctness" Democrat left speech and thought police).

To apply the term "curvy" to women who are clearly fat is a dishonest and misleading usage of that term. I do not accept it.

Curvy is Scarlett Johansen, it is not Rosanne Barr.

Old 09-08-2018, 09:29 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,097,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Yet again we see the habitually dishonest, "Politically correct" Democrat left trying to impose their unhelpful revisions of words onto our society.

Curvy has traditionally meant Marilyn Monroe type sexy curves, not rolls of blubber that are either unattractively bursting out in all the wrong places, or that are being carefully covered by tent-like garments designed to hide the blubber (curves according to the "Political correctness" Democrat left speech and thought police).

To apply the term curvy to women who are clearly fat is a dishonest and misleading usage of that term. I do not accept it. Curvy is Scarlett Johansen, it is not Rosanne Barr.
More like capitalism. Smart marketing. Heavy women want more choices.

Why do you hate capitalism so much?

Old 09-08-2018, 09:30 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
"We" don't need a whole fashion show for heavy women.

Ask a heavy woman what she thinks.
And how might that conversation go? I can't imagine anything more awkward.

Old 09-08-2018, 09:31 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Yet again we see the habitually dishonest, "Politically correct" Democrat left trying to forcefully impose their unhelpful revisions of common words and terms onto our society.

To apply the term "curvy" to women who are clearly fat is a dishonest and misleading usage of that term. I do not accept it.

Curvy is Scarlett Johansen, it is not Rosanne Barr.
Democrat left? Really? This is the high dollar fashion industry that has come up with "curvy".

They're trying to maintain a market and not insult their customers.

The fashion industry using "curvy" is a product of the commercial marketing of clothing, not the democrat party.

Old 09-08-2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Do you have any women friends who wear sizes in the 16-26 range?

If so, have you ever heard them complain about not having enough fashion choices?

Old 09-08-2018, 09:34 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Think like a man.
We know how to have the conversation with few words required.

Wait until she needs a ride home. If she can't get in my truck on her own. Leave her.

Old 09-08-2018, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Do you have any women friends who wear sizes in the 16-26 range?

If so, have you ever heard them complain about not having enough fashion choices?
No, I have not heard heavy women complain that being heavy gives them fewer fashion choices.

Yes, I do have a few friends who are heavy. Nothing is ever mentioned about them being heavy - either by themselves, or by others in the room.

And frankly, my own experience is that 6-8-10 size clothing sells out first, and yes, I have complained often that stores are out of those sizes, as well as size 7-7.5-8 shoes.

Old 09-08-2018, 09:44 AM

Quote:
No, I have not heard heavy women complain that being heavy gives them fewer fashion choices.

Yes, I do have a few friends who are heavy. Nothing is ever mentioned about them being heavy - either by themselves, or by others in the room.

And frankly, my own experience is that 6-8-10 size clothing sells out first, and yes, I have complained often that stores are out of those sizes, as well as size 7-7.5-8 shoes.
Most fashionable clothes aren't even made in larger sizes.

Old 09-08-2018, 09:45 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
How nice, celebrate obesity as something to accept and treat as if it's something 'normal' and 'healthy.'

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/curv...211521184.html
How interesting, not only to pick up such a story on your radar but then to take the time and effort to start a thread about it...

I'm somewhat embarrassed to have had a look, but maybe you were lured by the title like I was, not realizing the idea is to ridicule women who don't have Barbie proportion figures. Then too some of the comments in this thread. Just sad.

Surely we've ALL got better things to do with our minds. Like use them!

Old 09-08-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Surely we've ALL got better things to do with our minds. Like use them!
As you have demonstrated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies