Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 10:09 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times

Advertisements

The legitimization of obesity is a symptom of the morbid left.

Old 09-08-2018, 10:19 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I've really got to sign off this forum and move onto something at least somehow redeeming, and comments like yours are always a good reminder to waste not a moment more...

Tempting to say your comment is one from the moronic right, but I don't think that's fair to all conservatives. Also, if/when the left promotes healthy choices, tries to get sugar drinks out of school vending machines, morons claim the left is at it again. Then too, when arguing that "curvy women" are people too, no less deserving of clothes same as other women, this is "legitimizing" obesity. "The morbid left" no less...

Man you stink! Listen knucklehead, all people are legitimate no matter what their size. Comments like yours are a symptom of mental malfunctioning!

Have a good day. Maybe go chastise a fat person...

Old 09-08-2018, 10:23 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Hunter is not curvy that is sesame street star ms piggy

Old 09-08-2018, 10:25 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
It is.

Just because it's the average does not mean it's healthy.

If 50% of men died of heart attacks every year, would we be celebrating that *average*? I hope not.

Obesity is obesity, no matter how many people are fat. More people being fat does not *automatically* make it healthy. That's not science, that's PC.

Should obese people have choices as far as clothing? If designers want to make them, sure, go for it. But don't claim to be healthy.

Old 09-08-2018, 10:26 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times
Even if she is technically "fat", Hunter is certainly more attractive than Tess Holliday. The following is a a YT video called "Self Cover Star Tess Holliday Speaks Out About Body Positivity | Megyn Kelly TODAY". You will see what I mean when I say that Tess is even curvier.

Last edited by Eumaois; 09-08-2018 at 10:40 AM..

Old 09-08-2018, 10:28 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I've really got to sign off this forum and move onto something at least somehow redeeming, and comments like yours are always a good reminder to waste not a moment more...

Tempting to say your comment is one from the moronic right, but I don't think that's fair to all conservatives. Also, if/when the left promotes healthy choices, tries to get sugar drinks out of school vending machines, morons claim the left is at it again. Then too, when arguing that "curvy women" are people too, no less deserving of clothes same as other women, this is "legitimizing" obesity. "The morbid left" no less...

Man you stink! Listen knucklehead, all people are legitimate no matter what their size. Comments like yours are a symptom of mental malfunctioning!

Have a good day. Maybe go chastise a fat person...
People have free will to make choices. If you make stupid choices, you get stupid consequences. If you as a person , feel like you want soda, GO DRINK IT. That's YOUR choice. And when you get fat? That's your choice too. Unless you are being force fed against your will, that's all on you.

So don't take choices away from the entire population simply because you can't control yourself.

Old 09-08-2018, 10:36 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,096,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It is.

Just because it's the average does not mean it's healthy.

If 50% of men died of heart attacks every year, would we be celebrating that *average*? I hope not.

Obesity is obesity, no matter how many people are fat. More people being fat does not *automatically* make it healthy. That's not science, that's PC.

Should obese people have choices as far as clothing? If designers want to make them, sure, go for it. But don't claim to be healthy.
It's a fashion show. What are you talking about?

Old 09-08-2018, 10:38 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,096,706 times
Quote:
People have free will to make choices. If you make stupid choices, you get stupid consequences. If you as a person , feel like you want soda, GO DRINK IT. That's YOUR choice. And when you get fat? That's your choice too. Unless you are being force fed against your will, that's all on you.

So don't take choices away from the entire population simply because you can't control yourself.
You think that primary school vending machines should have sugary carbonated beverages?

Old 09-08-2018, 10:46 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:

I'll be sure to tell that to the grade school kids who only know that sodas taste good! Drinking what tastes good is never a "stupid choice" to a kid. All they know about the choice is that it tastes good! Hello? And removing soda from vending machines in schools (as many schools have already done) is not "taking choices away from the entire population." How ridiculous. In fact, a primary reason banning sodas from schools is not as effective as hoped is because stupid parents supply their poor unsuspecting unknowing kids all the soda they want.

Stupid parents. Poor kids who end up obese WITHOUT KNOWING the consequence of constantly sucking down sugar water. Then, we as a society absorb huge health care costs thanks to stupid parents? Yes, of course we do, and this is why there is some serious tax on tobacco products, as also being considered for soda. To recover the cost of people being stupid. That's a cost we've not been given any choice to pay or not. We pay, dearly, no choice, whether we're the stupid ones or not.

But confusing all that the way you do is rather stupid if you ask me, just like my last visit to this thread. Dumb and dumber...

PS: Schools also don't want to be held liable, just like restaurants don't want to be held liable for exposing employees/customers to cigarette smoke. Smart choice too if you ask me, but you go ahead and smoke and drink whatever you want in your own home. Sure, but the taxes you will also pay is necessary to offset stupid choices that stupid people make without concern for themselves or anyone else who will ultimately have to pick up the tab. Just one reason I quit smoking many years ago.

Last edited by LearnMe; 09-08-2018 at 10:55 AM..

Old 09-08-2018, 10:46 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,445,071 times
Quote:
Take a drive through Conservative America and you'll see that the vast majority of women are as big or bigger than she is. Hell, even in Liberal America she's about average.

How can people get outraged that they have a model that actually represents the average American woman? It's like people are in denial about the obesity epidemic here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies