Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 04:57 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,623,084 times

Advertisements

Still nobody has even tried to answer the questions in the OP:

How many of those people in Pittsburgh would be alive today if there had been guards?

Yes, it's sad that we seem to need armed guards in some places to safeguard our families, friends etc.

Does anybody have a better idea? One that works as well as this one (armed guards) did in Los Angeles in 1999?

And here's another one: Is the cost of armed guard(s) not worth the safety of the people being guarded? When it is so clearly demonstrated to work, while so-called "gun control" measures don't?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2018, 04:58 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Yes, long after he had already fulfilled his wish to shoot 20 other innocent people.

If there had been armed guards, he would have known he would never be able to shoot 20 people, he would be too busy dealing with cops... and maybe too dead.
Shoot the guard first, and then the others. Banks have armed guards, and yet get robbed all the time.

Old 10-28-2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Shoot the guard first, and then the others. Banks have armed guards, and yet get robbed all the time.
Yep, just like the slimeball in Los Angeles in 1999 did, right?

Yet another example of the liberals' "Iffen it ain't perfect then it ain't *****" folly.

Old 10-28-2018, 05:09 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Trump was right again. What a shock.
It's largely because of the POS in The White House that skimeball racists and bigots are going hog wild.

Old 10-28-2018, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It's largely because of the POS in The White House that skimeball racists and bigots are going hog wild.
Breaking news from 2016 again, eh?

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/14/u...oll-finds.html

Old 10-28-2018, 05:31 PM

4,912 posts, read 2,062,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
What a sick world we live in when some people think the solution to all this violence is to station armed guards at every public meeting space.
So what's your solution to the problem? Sorry, group hugs and hot cocoa isn't a solution... Bad people will always do bad things to good people. It's up to good people with guns to be ready to deal with bad people with guns, that's the only real solution.

And yes, bad people kill good people in Europe too, so an European style gun ban isn't the answer and that will NEVER fly in the U.S.

P.S., I only hope that the State of Pennsylvania will execute the shooter once he's convicted of this monstrous act against good people.

Old 10-28-2018, 05:39 PM

8,494 posts, read 6,902,842 times
Just an observation without taking a position on guns. I have driven up to the Fairfax district of LA on several occasions. It has a large Jewish community. The synagogues and community centers have had security for years. Heavy steel security gates and armed guards at places of entry.

Old 10-28-2018, 05:48 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,657,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
You must be adjudicated in a court of law mentally defective.
Not arbitrarily by social security.
That pesky thing called - Due Process. When the ACLU says Obama is wrong, Trump was right, the ACLU! Agreeing with NRA and Trump... that's saying something.

Ted Cruz had a bill get rejected that would have prevented the Texas church shooting. It was rejected.

None because republicans aren't the same as democrats. I'll give credit where credit is due. Liberals vote lock step with each other. Republicans get into purse swinging matches because there's 3 factions of Republicans.
Conservatives
Rinos
Neo cons.

Rinos vote with liberals, especially on firearms.
Republicans tend to be independent thinkers in nature, not collectivist. So there's in house fighting.

None. Liberals bring forward anti gun bills and they spend their time fighting against anti gun bills. And if they proposed a measure a proactive measure to counter/prevent mass shootings liberals would vehemently oppose it since it does not fit their agenda of banning firearms. Never mind trying to get the chit heeled rino on board.

Want my full proposal? The same I went to my sheriff and Congressman with 2 weeks prior to Parkland? Can even start your own thread copy and paste it and get a poll of in favor and against to further prove my point for me. If it doesn't involve banning firearms then it won't gain support.
Donald Trump has had a republican congress for 2 years. What laws have Trump and the republican congress tried to pass to stop mass murders?

Or have Trump and the republican congress done absolutely nothing to stop mass murders?

Quote:
I'll ask and expect an honest answer.
Why is it you believe only the governments responsibility is to ensure your safety and well being at all times? Why are you or anyone else, under the impression that .gov is the magnificent end all be all and responsible for your safety and well being?
Its also republicans that speak of the government stopping mass murders. In the past Trump and his supporters have politically said mental illness is the reason for mass murders. And today Trump and his supporters are politically saying we need armed guards in high risk locations. Republicans also use government positions and political platforms to talk about mass murders and how to stop them.

Quote:
Numerous times its been proven police, no fault of their own can not be everywhere at every time.
So why do people willingly oppose meaningful propositions which will work?
Why does it have to be only the government? What is the mental block that prevents the people from being in charge of their safety and well being?
Is it complacency? Naivety?
Much of what I propose lifts regulations and legislation that prevents you the individual from doing anything about it or anyone else doing anything to prevent it.
I'm a democrat and personally I would like armed teachers in all of our schools, and I would like all businesses to have armed workers (all schools and businesses having a gun safe with firearms to use in mass murder events, along with certain teachers/workers trained in gun usage and safety.)

The problem I see is why the left and right can't come together to limit the number of mass shootings in America, while protecting the rights for all mentally stable Americans to own a gun.

Here and now most democrats believe in all Americans right to own a gun, but republicans are not using today's liberal's positive attitude of the Second Amendment to fix America's gun culture (instead we are having a political fight while more and more Americans are developing a political attitude like Europeans where all guns are banned.)

And personally I see republicans causing America to turn into a anti-gun country like Europe. The first rule of responsible gun ownership is gun safety, like keeping guns away from children, keeping guns in a location hard for criminals to get to, and not selling/trading guns to mentally ill people. But republicans oppose regulations to stop children from being killed by guns, and republicans even oppose regulations to stop terrorists from buying guns.
Senate votes down proposal to bar gun sales to terrorism suspects - Los Angeles Times

Today in America only about 30% of Americans personally own a gun, and gun ownership rates have been falling for decades.
The demographics of gun ownership in the U.S. | Pew Research Center
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.6183928e3b9d

In the future how will the 70%+ of Americans who don't own guns feel about highly irresponsible republican gun owners? (That 70%+ is going to want to take their guns.)

But do gun owners who follow no safety rules to stop children from being killed by guns, who sell guns to the mentally ill, and who allow terrorists to buy guns, do these gun owners even deserve to own guns in the first place?

Last edited by chad3; 10-28-2018 at 05:57 PM..

Old 10-28-2018, 05:53 PM

2,957 posts, read 5,907,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don’t see the August 7 story anywhere, do you have a reliable source? He took an $800 cab ride to the shooting Aug 10 but he drove around to several places on Aug 7 in his car. It doesn’t make sense.
Why does the OP need a source or the burden of “facts” if our POTUS udoesn’t?

Old 10-28-2018, 05:53 PM

57,321 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Still nobody has even tried to answer the questions in the OP:

How many of those people in Pittsburgh would be alive today if there had been guards?

Yes, it's sad that we seem to need armed guards in some places to safeguard our families, friends etc.

Does anybody have a better idea? One that works as well as this one (armed guards) did in Los Angeles in 1999?

And here's another one: Is the cost of armed guard(s) not worth the safety of the people being guarded? When it is so clearly demonstrated to work, while so-called "gun control" measures don't?
You are making a rather large assumption that an armed guard would make a difference, already heard this argument for schools. Tell me what the cost is for s full time guard at every mosque, church and place of worship and what makes you think they will make a difference. Crazy people need to be separated from their guns, we don’t need more guns we need less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies