Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2018, 05:58 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Yep, just like the slimeball in Los Angeles in 1999 did, right?

Yet another example of the liberals' "Iffen it ain't perfect then it ain't *****" folly.
I am not liberal. Just pointing out facts. If someone wants to kill people, and has the means to do so, there isn't much you can do to stop it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2018, 06:01 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,569,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Yep, just like the slimeball in Los Angeles in 1999 did, right?

Yet another example of the liberals' "Iffen it ain't perfect then it ain't *****" folly.
This “brilliant” solution is the solution of a simpleton.

Old 10-28-2018, 06:05 PM

35,084 posts, read 17,051,842 times
Default Pittsburgh Shooting Suspect, After Massacre, ... ‘Wanted All Jews to Die’ (What is Problem, Guns or People?)

I posted this as new topic (related to one of Pittsburgh threads, Jew-hater goes to 3 Jewish centers, finds armed guards, he leaves. Finally finds 1 without guards, shoots 5 people) to focus discussion on what I see as real causes of Pittsburgh, Parkland, Sandy Hook, Charleston and most similar mass slayings.

We are treated to lectures about gun control and about racism. I just returned from a stomach-turning "vigil" at a local synagogue, replete with speeches of clergy and elected officials. The biggest applause lines were when gun control was mentioned. People were urged to vote "in a way that encouraged" gun control. And also discussed was the need to "turn down the rhetoric" from "the President on down."

Personal responsibility of rational people was ignored.. Genesis 4:9 provides the Biblical link: "G-d said to Cain, "Where is your brother Abel?" And he said "I do not know. Am I my brother's keeper?" Group settings such as high schools and colleges are a unique setting to put that Biblical injunction to work. Typically, students know each other over a period of time, often stretching from near-infancy but usually at least a few years. While we don't yet know who Bowers knew, either currently or in his past, someone must have known of his explosive potential.

Last edited by jbgusa; 10-28-2018 at 06:15 PM..

Old 10-28-2018, 06:06 PM

Ignoring "oddballs" and "loners" aggravates the situation.

I came to be conscious of this issue with McGovern's cashiering of Eagleton as a candidate in the 1972 campaign. This sorry episode is part of what started my path away from believing that liberals are necessarily good people. I had thought they really believed in love, help and compassion before that. I was 15 at time, and had bought into the "peace, love and helping hand" myth the liberals and Democrats presented themselves as adhering to. I believed strongly then, and still do believe, that people are capable of making something of themselves after facing obstacles. To have unceremoniously tossed such a person off the ticket showed a total lack of spine and leadership we see all too often.

In recent years there have been other mass shootings. Parkland, Jared Lochner, James Holmes, Elliot Rodger (Santa Barbara) and Adam Lanza (Sandy Hook) come to mind. All of these people were obviously troubled. All of these people, except maybe Adam Lanza, were in regular contact with other students, teachers and administrators at their respective schools. Dylan Roof was in regular contact with friends, roommates and his parents. The societal problem is that it is easier to ignore people who are not sociable and not pleasant to be with than to engage them.

I am not saying it is the role of untrained people to be psychologists. Far from it. But when people are left friendless for long periods, and no one reaches out to them a tragedy will sometimes occur. It is our job, as a society, to know our neighbors, students and colleagues.

I feel that forming real communities will solve some of these problems. Trying to remove the implements of crime from people who are far beyond obeying any law of any kind is futile and useless.

It is far easier and more satisfying to inveigh against guns and racism. It feels good and typical for liberals that's what matters as was pointed out here.

Old 10-28-2018, 06:09 PM

628 posts, read 663,822 times
He was angry at the media. Jews control the media.

Old 10-28-2018, 06:22 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,363,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Why can't the guard have a vest too? Why can't there be plainsclothes security officers who have a vest and a long gun as well?

also, I'm not aware the shooter had an "assault rifle". It seems to have been an AR-15, just a regular civilian rifle, semi-auto.

Not a full auto weapon available only to police and military (unless by special status/arrangement/application/tax/process if you're not a LEO).

So the shooter has no special equipment advantages over an armed guard (or guards - especially if you have multiple guards)
You have forgotten about Pulse already? Armed cop who in fact engaged the shooter to be driven to cover by the firepower of an AR15 type weapon...

So you want not just an armed guard but a standby SWAT level guard? For a weekly church service?

How about having the Feds supply them...Only a 100 billion or so and we save a few lives. After all it is the Fed Constitution that allows these shooters to be armed with semi auto weapons capable of overcoming a single well trained guard.

Old 10-28-2018, 06:26 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,375,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I agree. It is amazing that people are casually discussing that everyone in the country should be armed, like we live in some warped version of Road Warrior.

Many suggested that teachers be armed to stop school shootings.

Why isn't anyone suggesting that priests, rabbis, ministers, reverends, pastors, deacons and the choirs be armed? Is it because the idea of religion, prayer and churches are the antithesis of gun violence? It is as absurd as the idea a pope should carry a gun.

Some Americans' answers to everything is more guns. There is something sick and violent in our culture and society and more guns will not solve the problem.

Honestly, I'd rather move, and probably will, to another country where I can move about public places and wander freely without worrying about being shot by either bad guys with guns or misguided vigilantes.

We are in a prison of our own making and guns are a massive contribution to the problem NRA message is losing it's steam !!)--not the solution.
Good guys w/guns versus Bad guys w/guns has run it's course.. WHY should anyone be required to carry a GUN?????? shopping/ going to church/going to school or travelling on a bus/train/airplane creating in restaurant etc etc???? NTA!! WAKE UP.. THAT cr@p isn't selling and there's no longer that many decades message of Government coming for you GUNS viable!! It's a mothballed idiom that bee spread for half+Century!! Only"Gun Hugger's"buy into that in past few decades!!

Sorry. NRA promoting gun take aways is'nt any longer working.. Historical carnage and mass killing fields prove it// and it's repeated constantly!

NRA deep pockets (lately funded by Russian's ) to GOP lawmakers has been exposed~~ the bought and paid for Lawmakers for what they do! Prior to Russia..American deep pockets fed NRA~~ It'sNow an"Internal Effort"!!

No free American should be required toCarry any weapons!! Ever.. Every American should feel safe in their home/Church/School/ environment.. No one should feel a threat to walk in their street!!

It has reached highest BAR for "Unacceptability" and IF voter's don't vote for representative to pullback such unacceptable leadership//It'son them despite the concerted efforts to curtail"Voter's Rights"!!

Old 10-28-2018, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
He was angry at the media. Jews control the media.
  1. What does alleged Jewish control of the media have to do with the massacre?
  2. Does alleged Jewish control of the media provide a sound reason for the massacre?
  3. What did the massacre victims and first responders have to do with the media?
  4. Why did the massacre victims and first responders deserve to die?

Old 10-28-2018, 06:41 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
An individual with free will (like all of us have) chose to break the Non-Aggression Principle.

Sucks, but happens all the time.

What's next?

Last edited by No_Recess; 10-28-2018 at 06:53 PM..

Old 10-28-2018, 06:54 PM

10,491 posts, read 4,048,994 times
Ultimately, people are the problem. If people weren't so easily corrupted with hate, jealousy and greed, and everyone got along and learned to live peacefully, there would have been no reason for guns to begin with. But, we don't live in that world. To think, Jews were slaughtered by the millions because they and the other good people of Germany were defenseless to stop it because the Nazi regime made sure they were the only ones to have guns. If they had started to resist and fight back from the very beginning, then the Nazi regime might have never grown as big as it had. That is why to this day, I, as a daughter of a German whose father was the last of his family after they were massacred by the Nazis for trying to help the Jews hide, will defend this country's rights to own guns. Every day I see the antics of the left, and they are the true Nazis, not the right. How the Jews in this country can back a party that has gone so off the rails is beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies