Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 01:21 PM

36,540 posts, read 30,891,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
But I thought people were taking home boatloads of money under Trump's tax cuts. Your math must be wrong.
What made you think it was boatloads. The amount of a tax cut would depend on your income and taxes. I am bringing home a couple hundred/month than I was before the tax cut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 01:24 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,773,199 times
At 80 never voted Repub....was almost thinking about it for Calif Gov race, but they all make promises that are never kept.

Old 11-06-2018, 01:24 PM

10,535 posts, read 6,172,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
I was one of those typical college liberals voting for social justice the past few elections. I finally joined the workforce and cry every time the government takes a grand from each pay check. I can only imagine how worse it’ll get if dems are in power. Never ever voting dem again.
I see. So just to recap, you joined the workforce and noticed that the Republicans - who have held all the cards for the last two years - have been taking a thousand dollars from you every month, which made you cry. So you thought about it and decided to vote - Republican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
If you make enough to lose $1000 per check, you need to stop crying. EVER.
^^^
This.

Old 11-06-2018, 01:25 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,837,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Are you lefties here hoping that all of your rudeness and ridicule directed towards the OP will win him/her back to your POV? You've all but called him/her a "deplorable". That strategy didn't work too well with your queen bee, if you recall.
Meh if said insult was the reason Trump won, then Trump wouldn't have won because he insults people orders of magnitudes more often.
That insult might have pissed off a lot of people that were already going to vote for Trump though.

Old 11-06-2018, 01:26 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,731,911 times
I'm glad you did your civic duty!

Can't say your logic makes very much sense in terms of the taxes coming out of your paycheck. It depends on whether you'd rather your tax dollars go to large corporations or to social programs; you're never NOT going to pay a lot of taxes if you have a large income. But going to the polls is important, so good for you.

Old 11-06-2018, 01:28 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,420,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Good for you. I'm being sincere. Voting is a civic duty we all have.

I voted democratic for the first time in my life last week when I voted straight democrat down the ballot. hadn't even heard of half the people, but I didn't care. I saw the (D) next to their name so I bubbled it in.

America is such a beautiful country as all our voices can be heard.
Same, voted straight ticket D this time without even bothering to research the candidates. I never do that but I'm so disgusted with the maniac that I'm never voting R again while he is head of that party.

Old 11-06-2018, 01:29 PM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Funny how that works when YOU are the one paying for all that "social justice". Welcome to reality.

Old 11-06-2018, 01:30 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,526,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
OK. So you voted for the red-colored batch of crooks. Feel better now? You'll learn eventually.

WOW

No chapter in the liberal handbook for this one

Old 11-06-2018, 01:31 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,420,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
I was one of those typical college liberals voting for social justice the past few elections. I finally joined the workforce and cry every time the government takes a grand from each pay check. I can only imagine how worse it’ll get if dems are in power. Never ever voting dem again.
So do you not believe we should have a military for defense or that the government should not provide basic services like fire, EMS, schools, trash, roads, etc. You realize that all costs money right?

I'm not for excessive taxes but taxes to pay for appropriate government services are certainly needed. Compared to other western style democracies we do not have an extremely high level of taxation.

Old 11-06-2018, 01:31 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times
I've yet to hear of a democrat running that says they want to see more people keep more of there money.
Voting Republican is the only shot a voter has for a bigger paycheck.

I voted today. I didn't have to vote against anything like the democrats are doing.
I voted for something by voting Republican. The Trump agenda and winning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies