Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2018, 05:02 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Trump has run his mouth again and infuriated the left and their media friends -- but maybe the attention should be on liberal California instead. I'm not an expert on forest fires but I can tell you one thing: somebody isn't getting the job done out there, and things need to be changed. And whether or not it's global warming related really doesn't matter in the present, because we need to put some changes in place to prevent these horrible fires. I will start with: PG&E needs to be held fully accountable, up to the point of arresting people if need to, to punish them for their lousy job of preventing their equipment from starting fires. If you need to tack on a 5% surcharge to every customer's bill, and then go out and hire 500 more people for maintenance -- then you do it!
Easy to say from 2000 miles away, isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2018, 05:22 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,166,420 times
Quote:
Trump has run his mouth again and infuriated the left and their media friends -- but maybe the attention should be on liberal California instead. I'm not an expert on forest fires but I can tell you one thing: somebody isn't getting the job done out there, and things need to be changed. And whether or not it's global warming related really doesn't matter in the present, because we need to put some changes in place to prevent these horrible fires. I will start with: PG&E needs to be held fully accountable, up to the point of arresting people if need to, to punish them for their lousy job of preventing their equipment from starting fires. If you need to tack on a 5% surcharge to every customer's bill, and then go out and hire 500 more people for maintenance -- then you do it!

We have a Gov who thinks global worming is the problem.....an even dumber cluck coming in.......all hope is lost

Old 11-19-2018, 06:09 AM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserFinn View Post
Meteorologist Geoff Fox is on right and Trump is talking nonsense again.

This is for Mr.Trump:
What comes to forest cleaning,we don't rake forests anymore because that is so old fashion...so last season.
On these days we are using forest cleaners, very power full machines.
Very big machines, great machines...best machines ever and no one have so nice machinery than we.
So beautiful colors on those machines, best colors in whole world..Suits so nicely with the forest colors.
Also we have best forest cleaning ladies!

[IMG][/IMG]
That is hysterical!

Old 11-19-2018, 06:13 AM

10,503 posts, read 7,043,034 times
Quote:

I need to point out that the fire started and raged on Federal lands, not state lands.

Old 11-19-2018, 06:15 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,728,534 times
I'm dying to know what Trump heard that made him think they rake the forests in Finland. There must have been some big word used that he didn't understand with his very limited vocabulary and somehow that was the conclusion he came to. Likely something said on Fox News.

Old 11-19-2018, 06:16 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
So he comes to California and dribbles out such turd nuggets from his lying diarrhea mouth as:

"I want a great climate." ... yeah, which no doubt comes from denying climate change and working hard to eradicate every environmental protection to date in favor of big business.

"I was with the president of Finland, and he said: 'We have a much different [sic]..., we're a forest nation.' And they spent a lot of time on raking and cleaning and doing things, and they don't have any problem,"

Finland: "what the hell??"

They're quite amused. Finnish President has no idea what the hell Trump is talking about. And stable genius Trump left out that Finland is a much colder climate country with a crapload of water, not a major drought. Might make a difference, ya think?

Another example of how our President is an I D I O T. He just dribbles nonsense out of his pie hole about any topic way over his head and thinks he's impressing everyone, happy as a clam with his utter ignorance.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/apos-smar...031217488.html

O-M-G what a perfect job of describing that PUTRID-NO-IQ-PATHOLOGICAL-LYING-SUBHUMAN-PIECE-OF-GARBAGE!

Old 11-19-2018, 06:17 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
In modern day American politics, the jokes write themselves.

Old 11-19-2018, 06:19 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,697,086 times
If some actually listened to what our President says, most of the time he is right and is voicing what many Americans feel.
Snowflakes are entitled to their own opinions though.

Old 11-19-2018, 06:22 AM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
We have a Gov who thinks global worming is the problem.....an even dumber cluck coming in.......all hope is lost
Its nice to see a politician that believes in science, I give Jerry Brown credit for holding his tongue and not getting into an argument when Trump made his dumb statements regarding Finland. There were many reasons for this fire but you cant ignore that climate may be one of them. Trump needs to focus on helping these people who lost their homes and stop going into areas where he has no background.

Old 11-19-2018, 06:22 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Interesting how often that happens, isn't it? People seem to have an misunderstanding what honest debate is.
The thing is, there is no debate in this case. This was President Trump spouting off at the mouth, again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies