Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2018, 10:41 PM

131 posts, read 54,758 times

Advertisements

I have seen footage of the aftermath but the trees weren't burnt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2018, 03:32 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Err....did you actually read through that? They did sign a master agreement...as a blanket statement saying they could work out agreements with the Forests. It still mentions things in there are partnering and otherwise working with the Feds, as in both managing it. That's what this whole thing spells out. The ability to make it easier to partner, not that they have to do it now.

Please quote where it says California now is solely in charge of managing and the Feds therefore have no responsibility or blame in forest management or mismanagement.
Again, the problem is California's onerous restrictions. Get the tree huggers off everyone's backs, and more people would still be alive today.

CAL FIRE - Forest Practice

Old 11-16-2018, 09:30 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,114,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Again, the problem is California's onerous restrictions. Get the tree huggers off everyone's backs, and more people would still be alive today.

CAL FIRE - Forest Practice
Ah, avoiding my question I see. I asked where in that document it showed that California now had full responsibility for federal forests. You answered with something else that can complicate things potentially, yes, but still doesnt say where the Feds no longer have any responsibility for their federal areas.

Last edited by latimeria; 11-16-2018 at 09:52 AM..

Old 11-16-2018, 02:07 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,736,177 times
We have several areas in Washington full of beetle kill/dying evergreens that is just a tinder box waiting to go up, and same thing, all the onerous environmental restrictions won't let anyone touch it.

Old 11-16-2018, 03:01 PM

2,828 posts, read 825,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Idiots want money for windmills, bullet trains, every kind of "green" crap...
...and won't take care of their own

These fires are way too common for them to not have the equipment, on hand, and ready to go....to at least try to stop them before they get this big
Exactly, they were given federal money to remediate this problem, such as clearing the under brush from the forest floors and smack-mire Jerry Brown spent it on other crap.

Old 11-16-2018, 11:27 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,748,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So if a forest fire in Texas burns houses what has happened during droughts, would he hold funds from them too? What a freaking moron this man. Next think you know he will threaten to withhold funds in Hurricane prone areas.
Unlike Texas, California refuses to follow immigration laws. So therefore, Trump refuses to give funds to California.

Old 11-18-2018, 01:17 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Default Trump's right again: California is doing a TERRIBLE job of fire management

Trump has run his mouth again and infuriated the left and their media friends -- but maybe the attention should be on liberal California instead. I'm not an expert on forest fires but I can tell you one thing: somebody isn't getting the job done out there, and things need to be changed. And whether or not it's global warming related really doesn't matter in the present, because we need to put some changes in place to prevent these horrible fires. I will start with: PG&E needs to be held fully accountable, up to the point of arresting people if need to, to punish them for their lousy job of preventing their equipment from starting fires. If you need to tack on a 5% surcharge to every customer's bill, and then go out and hire 500 more people for maintenance -- then you do it!

Old 11-18-2018, 01:23 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,528,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I'm not an expert on forest fires but I can tell you one thing: somebody isn't getting the job done out there, and things need to be changed.
Right you are!

But at least you have an outlet to share your opinions.

Old 11-18-2018, 01:24 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Right you are!

But at least you have an outlet to share your opinions.
You bet I do.

Please defend California on this one. I dare you.

Old 11-18-2018, 01:26 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
As usual, Trump knows zero about the issue, hasn't done a deep dive into forest management because, of course, that's too much work and would require READING which he hates - and is once, again, blowing HOT AIR.

When will people finally accept every word out of this man's mouth is worthless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies