Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2018, 01:31 PM

8,564 posts, read 10,987,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
A Nation for Immigrants, A Nation Built by Immigrants
"U.S. natives are not having enough children to replace our current population, and by extension, our labor force. A shrinking population and labor force will cause our economy to contract. More immigrants are needed to keep our population, labor force, and economy vibrant and growing."
A couple of years ago I pulled the stats from the population Census Bureau so as to work a population chart for a project. My project did not include this, but as I worked the chart I noticed something I thought strange. Americans do not give birth at replacement rates. The population census dated back I want to say into the 1700's. I'd have to revisit my notes to verify the earliest dates, (if I must for you) but the obvious is clear ... without immigrants our GDP would blow, because unfortunately a country needs people in order to grow. For whatever reason, native born or naturalized citizens stop (past/present) producing children, which are necessary to sustain a descent level or an improvement to the GDP growth.

Most people their problem is with illegal entry, thus the reason our laws need a reform in that it creates rather than detracts, the legalities related to immigration into the u.s.

"The U.S. has open jobs. Immigrants come here to fill those jobs. More legal opportunities to immigrate reduces the incentive to cross unlawfully or overstay a visa. With fewer unauthorized entries to pursue, our immigration enforcement resources can focus on the real criminals."

If Trump wants to negotiate with the Democrats focus on a bill and immigration reform that creates 'legal' opportunities rather than deflecting an aptitude to do so with a wall bill.

A Nation for Immigrants

American representatives in its beginning were more focused on nation building by creating opportunities that would attract people from all over the world. That is the America I know and is proud to be apart of, not the one of today that would rather cut of its nose to spite its face, that is has developed into. America in its founding was never meant to be an island cut off from the rest of the world, but a central hub that would unite all cultures from all over, under one ideology. (out of many, comes one) That is America first.
You missed one very important word in your post, when you talk about immigrants,
That word is LEGAL, NOT ILLEGAL.

Bob.

Old 12-12-2018, 01:32 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,565,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
He owns one of the most successful businesses in the world, and he doesn't know how to get things done?
I only wish I was that stupid, and uninformed.
One does not amass billions by being stupid, and not knowing"how to get things done".
Bob.

What successful business? Trump University? Trump steaks? Trump wine? Which business?

Old 12-12-2018, 01:33 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
He owns one of the most successful businesses in the world, and he doesn't know how to get things done?
I only wish I was that stupid, and uninformed.
One does not amass billions by being stupid, and not knowing"how to get things done".
Bob.
Trump does not own one of the most successful businesses in the world.

After a series of unsuccessful businesses and series of bankruptcies, he now owns some golf courses and hotels, most of which are money losing operations, and partners with Russian oligarchs and drug cartels to launder money through condo developments.

The only bank still willing to loan him money is one that has been busted for Russian money laundering.

Old 12-12-2018, 01:37 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,565,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
I would be in favor for a tax on all trump supporters to pay for the wall.

I second that or even a Gofund me page set up so those who want the wall can give to fund it. Let's see how much they really want a wall!

Old 12-12-2018, 01:38 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Only two questions...

Who is this "America" that is supposed to take care of me?
and
Why doesn't Texas do E-Verify?

Unfortunately, Globalists like the Koch Brothers who financed the entire rise of the Republican Party believe in open borders. FULLY open borders, amnesty and much more. AND, they are putting their money behind it now.

You should ask them why they don't love America. Or why they developed Aircraft Gasoline refineries for Hitler and the entire Oil infrastructure of Russia for "Uncle Joe" (Stalin).....
You must know by now that bringing up Texas and E-Verify is just cricket food. They have no answer for it.

Old 12-12-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Is E-verify mandatory? And why do you just keep talking about Texas?

Texas has the largest border with Mexico. Put E-Verify in Texas and you would stop more migrants from coming to America than any continuous wall would ever do.
Texas is a republican controlled state that has more illegals crossing it's borders than any other state. They could institute E-Verify with the drop of a hat if they wanted to. They are the loudest to complain about illegal immigration but refuse to use the tools they already have at their disposal to limit it.
Did you ever ask yourself why this is so? Probably not. You're too fixated on some archaic wall reminiscent of ancient China. It didn't stop the Mongols and our wall won't stop the southerners from coming to our borders for asylum.

Last edited by mohawkx; 12-12-2018 at 01:52 PM..

Old 12-12-2018, 01:44 PM

8,564 posts, read 10,987,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
What successful business? Trump University? Trump steaks? Trump wine? Which business?
Those are all smaller companies of Trump International.
The brains behind Trump International belong to Trump alone, and is where the billions came from.
A smart business man (like Trump) knows that sometimes one has to step on toes, and not always be above board in order to succeed.

Do you think Trump International is the only company to operate outside the code of ethics?
Ever hear of a company called Enron?
How about Wells Fargo?
Cheating is how companies succeed.

I am very happy to see a successful business man in the oval office.
He has done great things for our economy since taking office, and that isn't wishful thinking, it is verifiable fact.
You liberals need to get you heads out of the sand.
Bob.

Old 12-12-2018, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Those are all smaller companies of Trump International.
The brains behind Trump International belong to Trump alone, and is where the billions came from.
A smart business man (like Trump) knows that sometimes one has to step on toes, and not always be above board in order to succeed.

Do you think Trump International is the only company to operate outside the code of ethics?
Ever hear of a company called Enron?
How about Wells Fargo?
Cheating is how companies succeed.

I am very happy to see a successful business man in the oval office.
He has done great things for our economy since taking office, and that isn't wishful thinking, it is verifiable fact.
You liberals need to get you heads out of the sand.
Bob.
I guess in this day and age it's OK to cheat your shareholders or your sub contractors but when you assume a government position, the people are not ready for you to cheat them out of their tax dollars through various emollients and tax dodges.

Old 12-12-2018, 02:19 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:
When Trump's border policy stops this incessant illegal entry into our country, you can bet Republicans will hold the white house, and the congress for years to come, and all BUT the loony democrats will forget they had to make a few sacrifices during the government shutdown.
I would like to know , what part of "these illegals coming here ,take jobs from citizens, cost tax payers billions of dollars yearly, bring diseases, mooch of the government", don't you understand?

Are you and you fellow democrats that stupid to what is going on right in front of you?
Where is your sense of pride?
Do you not think America should always take care of Americans first?

Bob.
You are presuming that border issues are the single most important issue to citizens of the USA.

But you are wrong.

Most Americans that have contact with immigrants from Mexico and Central America understand that the vast, vast majority are hard working, family people who want nothing but safety and security. Pointing out the few exceptions to the rule does not a rule make.

Americans are more concerned about things like the coming recession, the unbelievable dysfunctional White House, and hoping their children have a better live than they did.

Old 12-12-2018, 02:23 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
A Nation for Immigrants, A Nation Built by Immigrants
"U.S. natives are not having enough children to replace our current population, and by extension, our labor force. A shrinking population and labor force will cause our economy to contract. More immigrants are needed to keep our population, labor force, and economy vibrant and growing."
A couple of years ago I pulled the stats from the population Census Bureau so as to work a population chart for a project. My project did not include this, but as I worked the chart I noticed something I thought strange. Americans do not give birth at replacement rates. The population census dated back I want to say into the 1700's. I'd have to revisit my notes to verify the earliest dates, (if I must for you) but the obvious is clear ... without immigrants our GDP would blow, because unfortunately a country needs people in order to grow. For whatever reason, native born or naturalized citizens stop (past/present) producing children, which are necessary to sustain a descent level or an improvement to the GDP growth.

Most people their problem is with illegal entry, thus the reason our laws need a reform in that it creates rather than detracts, the legalities related to immigration into the u.s.

"The U.S. has open jobs. Immigrants come here to fill those jobs. More legal opportunities to immigrate reduces the incentive to cross unlawfully or overstay a visa. With fewer unauthorized entries to pursue, our immigration enforcement resources can focus on the real criminals."

If Trump wants to negotiate with the Democrats focus on a bill and immigration reform that creates 'legal' opportunities rather than deflecting an aptitude to do so with a wall bill.

A Nation for Immigrants

American representatives in its beginning were more focused on nation building by creating opportunities that would attract people from all over the world. That is the America I know and is proud to be apart of, not the one of today that would rather cut of its nose to spite its face, that is has developed into. America in its founding was never meant to be an island cut off from the rest of the world, but a central hub that would unite all cultures from all over, under one ideology. (out of many, comes one) That is America first.
Exactly.

Russia is actually losing population as they are not replacing themselves internally, and who the heck wants to move to Russia? They will continue to struggle as an economy, and the reality is, that the economic growth that has occurred around the world as a result of demographics is about to change.

Russia can't adapt, and it seems that the USA won't. Good luck with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies