Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2018, 05:43 PM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times

Advertisements

Proud to shut down the government because of the stupidity of nancy and chuckie....

Old 12-12-2018, 06:07 PM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Yep. Not only did she call his bluff, she talked him into making a goofy statement about how he'd be proud to shutdown the gov't

Pelosi 1, Trump 0.

And she hasn't even taken power yet LOL.

She did not call his bluff. He repeatedly told her that he had the House votes he needed but needed 10 more votes from the Senate and she just kept repeating the same old thing about putting on a ballot when he would again tell her what's the point since he won't get those votes from the Democrats.

He said he'd be proud to shut down the government "over border security". How convenient for you and yours to leave that last part out. Typical though.

I'm glad that this was a public meeting so the rest of the country can see where Pelosi and Schumer stand on border security.

Old 12-12-2018, 06:12 PM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
You're welcome!

I simply have to laugh at the Trump stomp yesterday. When Pelosi whined about the press, Trump said, "Transparency Nancy, right?"

He is so funny!
lol, yeah she didn't want the public to see her make a fool of herself by her and Chuck exposing themselves being against the wall that they themselves approved of back in 2006.

Old 12-12-2018, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
lol, yeah she didn't want the public to see her make a fool of herself by her and Chuck exposing themselves being against the wall that they themselves approved of back in 2006.

Exactly!!!!

Old 12-12-2018, 06:36 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
The "Trump shutdown". Has a nice ring to it.

Old 12-12-2018, 06:41 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
You missed one very important word in your post, when you talk about immigrants,
That word is LEGAL, NOT ILLEGAL.

Bob.
I didn't miss it.

Old 12-12-2018, 07:06 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
A Nation for Immigrants, A Nation Built by Immigrants
"U.S. natives are not having enough children to replace our current population, and by extension, our labor force. A shrinking population and labor force will cause our economy to contract. More immigrants are needed to keep our population, labor force, and economy vibrant and growing."
A couple of years ago I pulled the stats from the population Census Bureau so as to work a population chart for a project. My project did not include this, but as I worked the chart I noticed something I thought strange. Americans do not give birth at replacement rates. The population census dated back I want to say into the 1700's. I'd have to revisit my notes to verify the earliest dates, (if I must for you) but the obvious is clear ... without immigrants our GDP would blow, because unfortunately a country needs people in order to grow. For whatever reason, native born or naturalized citizens stop (past/present) producing children, which are necessary to sustain a descent level or an improvement to the GDP growth.

Most people their problem is with illegal entry, thus the reason our laws need a reform in that it creates rather than detracts, the legalities related to immigration into the u.s.

"The U.S. has open jobs. Immigrants come here to fill those jobs. More legal opportunities to immigrate reduces the incentive to cross unlawfully or overstay a visa. With fewer unauthorized entries to pursue, our immigration enforcement resources can focus on the real criminals."

If Trump wants to negotiate with the Democrats focus on a bill and immigration reform that creates 'legal' opportunities rather than deflecting an aptitude to do so with a wall bill.

A Nation for Immigrants

American representatives in its beginning were more focused on nation building by creating opportunities that would attract people from all over the world. That is the America I know and is proud to be apart of, not the one of today that would rather cut of its nose to spite its face, that is has developed into. America in its founding was never meant to be an island cut off from the rest of the world, but a central hub that would unite all cultures from all over, under one ideology. (out of many, comes one) That is America first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Exactly.

Russia is actually losing population as they are not replacing themselves internally, and who the heck wants to move to Russia? They will continue to struggle as an economy, and the reality is, that the economic growth that has occurred around the world as a result of demographics is about to change.

Russia can't adapt, and it seems that the USA won't. Good luck with that.
As well as Russian baby boom in Miami. I don't know how a southern boarder wall addresses that, but okay. Much of the Russian migration from countries like Georgia are out bound, with somewhat different in the east with the Chinese Merchants moving in. On the plus side Russia's population problems make them less of a military threat. On the minus side, the u.s. probably won't feel the ($$$$) repercussions of its loss in a workforce today, until 25 years into the future.

PS: I really think the Republicans believe they can build a sustainable workforce from within by nixing the rate of abortions per woman. (Russia too, rethunk their abortion laws) However, abortion rates have been dropping, because there has been fewer pregnancies. I don't know this has sunk in yet ... so measures in anti immigration continues.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 12-12-2018 at 07:22 PM..

Old 12-12-2018, 07:40 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post

I'm glad that this was a public meeting so the rest of the country can see where Pelosi and Schumer stand on border security.
Oh, they saw it. But it didn't turn out like you think......

"In an NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist Poll out Tuesday, a majority of Americans responded that the president should compromise on The Wall rather than shut down the government. The margin was 21 points"

Old 12-12-2018, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
The "Trump shutdown". Has a nice ring to it.

Nahhhhhhhh....

Just like before, this will be the "schumer shutdown."

Old 12-12-2018, 07:51 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,823,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Vibranium?
No, Adamantium. Stark Industries is one of the companies vying for the wall contract.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies