Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2018, 09:13 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
I disagree with about 80% of her opinions. But she has a point here. It's about personal responsibility.

Condoms are free and readily available. They are easy to use and non-invasive. Why do you insist on taxpayers money to fund other more expensive forms of birth control?

Most unplanned pregnancies are due to lack of personal responsibility (the withdrawal method or NO method). Condoms are free, and they work.
Are you a gynecologist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2018, 10:09 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,091,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Are you a gynecologist?
No. Why do you ask?

Old 12-17-2018, 05:13 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
I disagree with about 80% of her opinions. But she has a point here. It's about personal responsibility.
So, how do you propose to fix un-responsible people? Its easy to say it is a matter of personal responsibility, while doing nothing. Unwanted kids end up in welfare rolls, street gangs and prisons, which becomes everyone responsibility. The responsible thing is to prevent this from happening.

So, lets be responsible, and keep irresponsible people from multiplying.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 12-17-2018 at 06:24 AM..

Old 12-17-2018, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, how do you propose to fix un-responsible people? Its easy to say it is a matter of personal responsibility, while doing nothing. Unwanted kids end up in welfare rolls, street gangs and prisons, which becomes everyone responsibility. The responsible thing is to prevent this from happening.

So, lets be responsible, and keep unresponsive people from multiplying.
We can't fix everything.

Free birth control is readily available. How is providing free birth control doing nothing? What else do you suggest?

Old 12-17-2018, 06:26 AM

Quote:
We can't fix everything.

Free birth control is readily available. How is providing free birth control doing nothing? What else do you suggest?
Sitting back and saying its a matter of personal responsibility is doing nothing.

Expand it. Advertise it. Tell high-school kids about it. The program you mentioned is something hardly anyone has heard of. Why do you think people in other nations, like Nordics have so few unwanted pregnancies? They are doing more about it.

Old 12-17-2018, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Sitting back and saying its a matter of personal responsibility is doing nothing.

Expand it. Advertise it. Tell high-school kids about it. The program you mentioned is something hardly anyone has heard of. Why do you think people in other nations, like Nordics have so few unwanted pregnancies? They are doing more about it.
Okay.

Here I am. Telling more people about it.

A couple of posters, including yourself, have learned that these types of programs exists. Spread the word, and I will continue to do so.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Okay.

Here I am. Telling more people about it.

A couple of posters, including yourself, have learned that these types of programs exists. Spread the word, and I will continue to do so.
I looked, and at least here in Broward county they would not be easy to find. There is a program designed for high-risk (HIV) people, which I assume means prostitutes. The page to locate such facilities does not work, so regular people would not know where to get them.

So, while it sounds like a good idea, the implementation is not there yet.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:19 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Lets try this one more time.

Reducing number of poor & unwanted kids is a good example of something the government can do with minimal investment where the general welfare of US as whole (Section 8 US Constitution) is vastly improved. Flooding the nation with millions of such welfare kids is not something the nation would benefit from.

You oppose this for whatever reason, and so be it.

I believe it would make US a more perfect union. Less crime, less people dependent on welfare, less poverty, less unemployment etc.
You have concocted a rationale to support your own personal opinion. Too bad it's not mandated anywhere in the US Constitution, meaning that others cannot have their earnings confiscated to support the goals you personally support.

If you don't like the way things are... VOLUNTARILY DONATE to the causes you support.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:23 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
How are you going to make people more responsible? Many people are not responsible, and the rest of us have to pay for their mistakes. I prefer to do solve the problem, while "informedconsent" is hell bent on making it worse.
It's actually quite comical that you think that the people you, yourself, describe as "not responsible" will somehow miraculously become suddenly responsible enough to take "the pill" correctly every single day.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:27 AM

Quote:
I looked, and at least here in Broward county they would not be easy to find. There is a program designed for high-risk (HIV) people, which I assume means prostitutes. The page to locate such facilities does not work, so regular people would not know where to get them.

So, while it sounds like a good idea, the implementation is not there yet.
What do you mean "regular people"?

Incidentally:

Family Planning Services | Florida Department of Health in Broward

http://www.broward.edu/studentlife/P...nt-Living.aspx

https://npin.cdc.gov/organization/fl...oward-county-0

https://www.browardprevention.org/wp...urce-Guide.pdf
Broward County Public Schools 754-321-1655
for Broward County youth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies