Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2018, 09:13 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I’m guessing an activist group found a tendency of the hotel security to check on lobby squatters so they sent one of their resident pot stirrers to entrap these people who were just trying to do their jobs.

So this pathetic victory means nothing. This turd will get some money and the people fired will end up with better jobs.

Congrats on the big victory that no one cares about really.
DoubleTree does.

Old 12-31-2018, 09:14 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
There is no effort. Like I said before, if your shoulder is not bruised, someone touching it might not cause you an issue as it would touching a persons who shoulder is bruised. Racism bruised black people to the degree that we are sensitive about it. Stop trying to compare it with people who should not be sensitive because they have not been bruised racially.
Good God........ You remind me of women I met after my divorce many years ago. They were 'bruised' by past relationships. This made them into what I called 'what do you mean by that' women.

I would talk with some of these women in social situations, and they would say to me 'what do you mean by that?' I didn't mean anything. They were looking to be offended, in self defence from what had happened to them in the past.

Whenever I came across a 'what do you mean by that' woman, I moved swiftly on. Life is too short to be dealing with crap.

I bet white people avoid you like the plague. Most are pretty fed up of folks like you always looking to be offended.

Old 12-31-2018, 09:14 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
DoubleTree does.
This week maybe.

Old 12-31-2018, 09:18 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Good God........ You remind me of women I met after my divorce many years ago. They were 'bruised' by past relationships. This made them into what I called 'what do you mean by that' women.

I would talk with some of these women in social situations, and they would say to me 'what do you mean by that?' I didn't mean anything. They were looking to be offended, in self defence from what had happened to them in the past.

Whenever I came across a 'what do you mean by that' woman, I moved swiftly on. Life is too short to be dealing with crap.

I bet white people avoid you like the plague. Most are pretty fed up of folks like you always looking to be offended.

That is a good example actually. Yeah....actions have consequences that linger after the act. If people learn to treat people with dignity and respect, regardless of race or gender, all this negative karma energy would not be floating around.

Old 12-31-2018, 09:22 AM

16,545 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I’m sure there are cases where stupid things happen to people of other races but they ain’t clickbait.
BINGO!

So often things occur having nothing to do with race/religion or anything else PC related. Yet the media will play up a story from that angle just to line their pockets with advertising dollars, when they are able to sell more papers or get more clicks.

Worse, is when they omit actual racism in their stories, typically when it relates to minority on white racism.

`

Old 12-31-2018, 09:23 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
That is a good example actually. Yeah....actions have consequences that linger after the act. If people learn to treat people with dignity and respect, regardless of race or gender, all this negative karma energy would not be floating around.
You realize there are people working full time on salary from activist groups just trying to CREATE situations like this.

If this man is legit I believe it’s a terrible thing but I don’t believe he’s legit, sorry. Had the camera all ready to go, the social media outrage so well coordinated.

Old 12-31-2018, 09:26 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
People make up stuff here all the time but did you happen to look up and see that poster is indeed from Oregon?

I don't cyberstalk other posters and what does that prove anyway? If my profile says I am in Texas does that validate my claim to own the Dallas Cowboys?

Old 12-31-2018, 09:27 AM

16,545 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post

Indentured Servant can be exasperating, but is not really a bad egg. However and assuming I am not mixing him up with another poster, he does carry around a racial chip on his shoulder. He also does not really see white people as having any business trying to solve his peoples problems.
But heck, he is entitled to think as he wishes.

`

Old 12-31-2018, 09:32 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Indentured Servant can be exasperating, but is not really a bad egg. However and assuming I am not mixing him up with another poster, he does carry around a racial chip on his shoulder. He also does not really see white people as having any business trying to solve his peoples problems.
But heck, he is entitled to think as he wishes.

`

Racial chip on shoulder... aka... knowledge of history. To not know the racist history of this country and not link the past to the present......is to not have a racial chip on their shoulder.

Old 12-31-2018, 09:35 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I don't cyberstalk other posters and what does that prove anyway? If my profile says I am in Texas does that validate my claim to own the Dallas Cowboys?
Has nothing to so with Cyberstalking. It's right there in his post. Does it make it factual? No. Does it make it believable? Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies