Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 02:50 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
It's a good question that was asked.

Given your response, I guess you find human trafficking, violent crimes and illegal drugs to be funny. How despicable!

Of course jojo loves this...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2019, 02:59 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,200,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You are wrong, we would be happy to have Mexico pay for that folly. I didn't realize trumps promises were all hypothetical.

You (and any TDS-er) wouldn't be happy anyway.

We send billions upon billions of taxpayer dollars outside this country annually and $5.7 billion (miniscule amount in comparison) for us = no good because Trump is president, simple!

You took literally that Mexico (like other TDS-ers) were going to write a check for the wall!
Trump spoke as a businessman, and many TDS-ers either didn't quite get it or don't want to get it purposely because of their hate of Trump. If Hillary said exactly the same and wanted the billions, there wouldn't of been any problem.

The hypocritical thing is that all of the dems approved $25 billion for the wall and other forms of border security, they just don't want to give it to Trump because like the TDS-ers they hate him while also thinking of the 2020 election which they think they're doing themselves a positive thing. I say let the dems keep on playing this BS game, they'll lose badly in 2020 and in their border wall $ game.
Pelosi should shut her BS trap as she was adamantly for a border wall not very long ago then she isn't - there's audio clips of her and her ilk doing the same.

Old 01-13-2019, 03:05 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,439,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
If hypothetically Mexico wrote out a check paying for it, the same people here complaining will still be complaining as they don't want a Trump win - you do know in your heart of hearts that you'll never admit what you wrote is BS only because (this goes for a great majority in this part of the forum) Hillary or Bernie didn't win and you hate Trump. We give billions upon billions each year to countries, but for us = no good to the SJW's, Liberals, Democrats and other Anti-Americans including most of the MSM and also right here in CD political forum land.

Have a great rest of the day!
Totally false. Trump winning promise for Mexico to pay for a wall ...is what everyone is waiting for. I m cool with it. There would be no shutdown if Mexico would just write that check. Typical trump and his republicans ...break a promise and blame someone else. So glad they are all nearly extinct.

Old 01-13-2019, 03:07 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
If hypothetically Mexico wrote out a check paying for it, the same people here complaining will still be complaining as they don't want a Trump win - you do know in your heart of hearts that you'll never admit what you wrote is BS only because (this goes for a great majority in this part of the forum) Hillary or Bernie didn't win and you hate Trump. We give billions upon billions each year to countries, but for us = no good to the SJW's, Liberals, Democrats and other Anti-Americans including most of the MSM and also right here in CD political forum land.

Have a great rest of the day!
I would love for Mexico to pay for Trump's wall. Wouldn't bother me in the least and I would gladly say, good on him for getting that done. But you know what? Mexico ain't that stupid. And neither are we.

Trump is the reason so many have a problem with Trump. I have said numerous times had any other republican candidate won the presidency we wouldn't even be here right now with these discussions.

Old 01-13-2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Totally false. Trump winning promise for Mexico to pay for a wall ...is what everyone is waiting for. I m cool with it. There would be no shutdown if Mexico would just write that check. Typical trump and his republicans ...break a promise and blame someone else. So glad they are all nearly extinct.

I already explained, no use trying again.

I know, I know Hillary didn't win and the exact same would've been okay for her.

Old 01-13-2019, 03:10 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
You (and any TDS-er) wouldn't be happy anyway.

We send billions upon billions of taxpayer dollars outside this country annually and $5.7 billion (miniscule amount in comparison) for us = no good because Trump is president, simple!

You took literally that Mexico (like other TDS-ers) were going to write a check for the wall!
Trump spoke as a businessman, and many TDS-ers either didn't quite get it or don't want to get it purposely because of their hate of Trump. If Hillary said exactly the same and wanted the billions, there wouldn't of been any problem.

The hypocritical thing is that all of the dems approved $25 billion for the wall and other forms of border security, they just don't want to give it to Trump because like the TDS-ers they hate him while also thinking of the 2020 election which they think they're doing themselves a positive thing. I say let the dems keep on playing this BS game, they'll lose badly in 2020 and in their border wall $ game.
Pelosi should shut her BS trap as she was adamantly for a border wall not very long ago then she isn't - there's audio clips of her and her ilk doing the same.
And part of that $25 billion was in exchange for a program for DACA, which Trump walked away from. If you think $5.7 billion is going to pay for Trump's wall, you haven't done your homework. It will cost many more billion and years to build.

Trump has a few billion that was approved last year that he hasn't even tapped.

Old 01-13-2019, 03:12 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
We don't know if all landlords are working with tenants or not. Do you know that? Why are you making such assumptions? If that were the case, the federal works would just be skipping merrily along, not concerned at all about the bills they have to pay or the children they have to provide for. Of course they know they may get a good retirement package (I didn't, but that's not of issue here). They still have responsibilities. In an ideal world, everybody would have a rainy day fund. That's not always possible.

The Dems and Reps agreed on a bill over three weeks ago. Trump walked away. It's on him, as he says he proudly owns it.

You can say what you will, but the majority of Americans want the shutdown to end and talks to continue. And the majority are blaming Trump.
And you don't know if they all aren't working with tenants, do you? Having been a landlord myself, I know that it would be ridiculous to initiate eviction orders just because an otherwise reliable tenant had trouble paying the rent in the event of a furlough.

Once again, my husband worked for the federal government during the furlough in the 90s. We got by just fine. After all, we did have some money put aside plus we lived below our means. We also knew that when the furlough was over, he would get his back pay.

And I just explained that there is help for those who don't have "a rainy day fund". I also explained that if someone is making so little money that they are just scraping by, then, no doubt, they already have an EBT card. Why are you rehashing all of this?

You didn't get any retirement benefits from the government? Why not? I assume that you put in the requisite number of years to qualify? If not, then that explains why you didn't get good retirement benefits.

If the majority are blaming Trump, then they need to wake up and realize that dems don't care about Americans. They put illegals first and foremost.

If you are so worried about furloughed workers, then channel your energy into helping them out of your own pocket. Donate lots of food to your local food banks. Invite some furloughed workers into your home for a nice home-cooked meal. Buy them gift cards to be used at your local supermarket.

Old 01-13-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
I would love for Mexico to pay for Trump's wall. Wouldn't bother me in the least and I would gladly say, good on him for getting that done. But you know what? Mexico ain't that stupid. And neither are we.

Trump is the reason so many have a problem with Trump. I have said numerous times had any other republican candidate won the presidency we wouldn't even be here right now with these discussions.

I don't buy the 2nd paragraph for a second because dems have become radically left starting with the Obama presidency so the same with any other "R" president for whatever different reasons IMO.

Old 01-13-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
And part of that $25 billion was in exchange for a program for DACA, which Trump walked away from. If you think $5.7 billion is going to pay for Trump's wall, you haven't done your homework. It will cost many more billion and years to build.

Trump has a few billion that was approved last year that he hasn't even tapped.

Trump is willing to make a deal, even DACA if the SCJ's vote the right way.

As a taxpayer I don't care how much OUR security costs no matter who is the POTUS (for all of us friend) - it's a logical no-brainer like why we all have locks on our doors, etc.., IMO. We send billions upon billions to help other countries, plus the wall will pay for itself over and over again because of how much illegal immigration costs us per year which is monumental in comparison.

Old 01-13-2019, 03:21 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Trump is willing to make a deal, even DACA if the SCJ's vote the right way.

As a taxpayer I don't care how much OUR security costs no matter who is the POTUS (for all of us friend) - it's a logical no-brainer like why we all have locks on our doors, etc.., IMO. We send billions upon billions to help other countries, plus the wall will pay for itself over and over again because of how much illegal immigration costs us per year which is monumental in comparison.

Let the deal maker practice his art of the deal with Mexico to get them to pay for the wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies