Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree that I-1’s base is being controlled by conservative media?
Yes 58 55.77%
No 43 41.35%
Other 3 2.88%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 01:11 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,434,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Yes. Most Trump supporters are not capable of independent thinking. They believe whatever Trump and Fox News tells them to think.

They literally think that anybody who disagrees with Trump or Fox News is lying.
It's not as much that progressives are angry at other viewpoints, but rather that they are astonished to find that there are even other viewpoints.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2019, 01:17 PM

672 posts, read 256,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It's always been troubling to hear Trump loyalists (formerly the anti-Obama crowd) come on here and parrot, almost verbatim, what they hear on Rush/Fox/Hannity/Alex Jones/etc….

Much of that is deliberate misinformation.

What it proves to me is a clear and distinct lack of critical thinking skills, and the GOP has always known this and cultivated this.

The Dumbing Down of America is deliberate, calculated, and gave us Donald Trump.
It's anti-intellectualism at it's finest. They think their whacked out lies and propaganda is equal to real observable facts.

Old 01-13-2019, 01:26 PM

17,810 posts, read 13,713,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
When it comes to the Wall, the closest referendum the American people had was the 2016 election.
So what you are saying is that the electoral college wanted the wall despite the fact that the people didn't.

Old 01-13-2019, 01:35 PM

2,362 posts, read 779,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
So what you are saying is that the electoral college wanted the wall despite the fact that the people didn't.
In 30 (out of 50) states, Trump won the popular vote. In those 30 states, around 57% of the population lives in them. Hence by the rules of your own election, he won.

Old 01-13-2019, 01:36 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet619 View Post
It's anti-intellectualism at it's finest. They think their whacked out lies and propaganda is equal to real observable facts.
So far your brand of intellectualism hasn't reached above the elementary schoolyard level. Crack a book sometime and work on a diploma in something besides hate America and SJW. On topic I can recommend "Ship of Fools" by Tucker Carlson.

Old 01-13-2019, 01:37 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,373,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Great screen name

Old 01-13-2019, 01:42 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,158,423 times
While some supporters do listen to Hannity and Ingraham; I don't. I hate listening to any of the political bickering on either side. Maybe that is why I have never suffered from headaches! I will never watch CNN or MSNBC again. I don't even like the Drudge report; but I do look at it from time to time. I do look at the opposition websites from time to time to see what they are up to. But, guess what, I don't even tune in programs I used to like to watch on those liberal stations. I plan on boycotting them for the rest of my life.

With the last election what became so obvious is that we have so many stations that have a liberal agenda. It isn't 'news' when one side cannot see any of the positions of the other side. It's only propaganda and that is one thing I can live without! If they ever come back to 'fair' reporting I might give them another try. But I do not see that happening in my lifetime!

Old 01-13-2019, 01:42 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,773,113 times
You've got it backwards - it is Trump who is being completely controlled by Ann Coulter, Limbaugh, and Hannity. He views them as the mouthpiece of his base. Trump is a weak President, he has no mind of his own. He is a puppet to Putin and Fox.

Old 01-13-2019, 01:48 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,292,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
You've got it backwards - it is Trump who is being completely controlled by Ann Coulter, Limbaugh, and Hannity. He views them as the mouthpiece of his base. Trump is a weak President, he has no mind of his own. He is a puppet to Putin and Fox.
I didn’t get it wrong. I agree with you, as I said they are being controlled by conservative media via Individual 1.

I-1 fans want whatever I-1 wants. I-1 wants whatever Hannity, Coulter say he should want.

It’s twisted as hell.

Old 01-13-2019, 01:48 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,373,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darylis View Post
The wall is not about the wall, it's a way for racists to feel good about being racist and getting others to play along.
Defaulting to racism, page 1 of the liberal operations manual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies