Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2019, 09:36 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Your experience wears blinders. Your posts expose that.

Nearly eight-in-ten black Americans (79%) identify as Christian, according to Pew Research Center’s 2014 Religious Landscape Study. By comparison, seven-in-ten Americans overall (71%) say they are Christian, including 70% of whites, 77% of Latinos and just 34% of Asian Americans.
Most American Christians don't believe in the rapture, a literal seven-year tribulation, a literal Anti-Christ, or a literal battle of Armageddon. It's the white evangelicals who believe that and want to base our foreign policy around that belief.

Old 02-13-2019, 11:00 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
To answer the question while even wiki information may not be complete but to go with it. Almost every nation offered support or sympathy after 9/11 except Iraq, Pakistan and Palestine.

According to wiki quote: the Pakistani president condemned the attacks BUT Some Islamic clerics in a few Paskistani mosques also condemned the attacks.[15] However, a 2004 Pew poll found that 65% of Pakistanis viewed Osama Bin Laden favorably.......65%

There is some questions regarding the film of Palestine celebrating 9/11 BUT A poll conducted by the Fafo Foundation in the Palestinian Authority in 2005 found that 65% of respondents supported "Al Qaeda bombings in the USA and Europe.

So while Israel may not always agree with us they have almost always been on our side compared to the Soviets and now too MANY Muslims.

Given the percentage of those polls of Muslims in Palestine and Pakistan supporting Al Qaeda and Bin Ladin you got to wonder why the American left so often criticize Israel and make excuses for said Muslims. How is they complain about funding to Israel yet demand we fund Palistine and Pakistan?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reacti...ber_11_attacks

Old 02-13-2019, 11:39 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah, that’s a pretty damn sad statistic. Imagine believing in your Slave master’s religion.

Huge reason why we’re in the shape we’re in.
While it's true that most of the slave owners claimed to be Christians, so did most of the abolitionists. I know you don't like religion in general, and seem to have particular disdain for Christianity, but if you are going to discuss its relationship to slavery, be fair about it.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:01 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
Quote:
Yeah, that’s a pretty damn sad statistic. Imagine believing in your Slave master’s religion.

Huge reason why we’re in the shape we’re in.
Arabs and Muslims were even bigger slave masters.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:27 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,929,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Most American Christians don't believe in the rapture, a literal seven-year tribulation, a literal Anti-Christ, or a literal battle of Armageddon. It's the white evangelicals who believe that and want to base our foreign policy around that belief.

Seriously, those folks either have child like brains or are just stupid. Plain stupid. How anyone can belief such non sense. Is public education that bad in the lands of the evangelicals???

Old 02-13-2019, 01:00 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Familiarity breeds contempt. I’m familiar with Christianity because I was raised in the Catholic Church. My disdain isn’t particularly for Christians because i hate superstition no matter where it comes from. But I can’t speak in-depth about faiths that I know little about. I can only talk about what I know and what I see.

I get the point about the abolitionists, but I’m not really swayed by it. Naturally SOME Christians were against slavery. But the fact is that the overwhelming majority of American Christians were either supportive of it or completely insouciant about it.

And I can’t just ignore that fact.
The fact is that most Americans were either supportive or insouciant, regardless of their religious beliefs. Does that translate to most American Christians? Sure, because most Americans were Christians.

The thing is, holding all Christians alive today responsible for slavery makes about as much sense as people on the right saying that today's Republicans should be revered as the "Party of Lincoln.

If you are interested in what I think, personally, here it is: hateful people will be hateful. Some use religion as an excuse.

Old 02-13-2019, 01:31 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,951,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
They fought a war to free the blacks from southern Democrats, what are you talking about?
That wasn't the same Republican party as we know it today, so stop with the deception.

Old 02-13-2019, 01:32 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
That wasn't the same Republican party as we know it today, so stop with the reception.
Today's "Republican Party" is essentially the pre-1960 Southern Democrats. Backwards thinking, bigoted, corrupt, full of hate and spite, driven by fear, and viciously authoritarian.

Old 02-13-2019, 03:16 PM

16,597 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
All I know how to do is keep it real. But let’s look at it this way...

If Republicans have ever did anything for blacks, so what? And? We don’t owe the Republican Party any gratitude regardless. If the Republicans did anything, they were just doing their jobs. Republicans bend over backwards for the Jewish community and Israel...they don’t vote for Republicans in majority numbers either. So why demand fealty or gratitude from US? We don’t owe y’all squat. Eff the damn Republican Party!!

Plus, it’s not like you modern day Republicans have done anything. You guys hate our guts, so we hate yours.

Case closed.
Classic

I presented facts, and you know you cannot refute them, so you resort to irrelevant things I never mentioned.
No one says that blacks are beholden nor do they owe us gratitude. The OP asked why we did not bend over backwards, and I proved with historical facts that we did in fact do much more than just bend over backwards for blacks.

As an FYI, I have black folks I can call my friend, coworkers and at times employees that I have respected because they respected themselves and me. So your assumption about me is also wrong.

You are sounding more and more like a closeted racist by saying you what you just did. Any chance you are a NoI member?
Whether you are or not, your deep seeded feelings and massive chip on your shoulder shows how the hate eats you up inside, and warps your perception of reality.
I am beginning to pity you, as people regardless of color or religion are not born with hatred in their hearts, so you must have been taught the wrong lessons somewhere along the way.

`

Old 02-13-2019, 03:36 PM

16,597 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I think it’s around 50:50.

You might think the way you do for a few reasons. One, is that the right wing anti semites are very blunt about it, while the left wing anti semites are usually (but not always) more subtle about it. They will often cloak it in something about Israel, or the Palestinians, but if you listen to them speak a little more, they inevitably say “Jews”, not “Israelis”.

Also, I think people on the left often have blinders to it when it comes from people on their side of the aisle because it goes against their narrative about republicans being racist, and democrats being inclusive.
I hope you are not implying use of the term Jew implies being anti-Semitic, because if you do, I can prove you wrong. Not that I am defending left wing anti-Semites, but use of the term Jew in and of itself implies nothing of the sort.

I'd also say I think your assumption of 50-50 is wrong. Rest assured far more leftist (which now control the once moderate Democratic party) are in fact anti-Semitic, and do couch it in support for Palestinians. Regardless when you hear them talk of how the media, Hollywood, banks, Wall Street and country is controlled by Zionists, it leaves little doubt as to what is in their hearts.

I do agree with your last sentence, and it is funny to watch them this their panties in a knot when their own party members are guilty of racism, sexism and sexual assault (like what is happening in Virginia).
They wanted to ruin Kavanaugh with vague accusations from 30 years ago(some which have now admitted were false), yet circle the wagons when their party members have had recent and more plausible accusations of sexual assault. Whether it be Ellison or Fairfax, they either defend them or just hope it goes away without losing their seats.

Party over not only country, but principles!
That should be a fitting slogan for the modern day Democratic party.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies