Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 07:50 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,420,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
If you are honest...you will admit that Democrats are generally fine with expanding executive powers when it is their guy doing it too. This hypocrisy isn't unique to one party.

You do have a point to be made about each president pushing it further and the next Democrat president will do things that Republicans don't like.
I agree Dems do it too and I was opposed to the attempted use of a national emergency for the wall because I oppose that general trend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2019, 07:52 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
I am all for ending gun violence, who isn't?

The vast majority of gun owners and gun Rights supporters including the NRA are 100% FOR the legal law abiding safe use of firearms and they denounce the unlawful use of firearms.

What I find ironic is that the people that are against removing Illegal guns from the hands of criminals are the Democrats. They cite that cracking down on people that have illegally owned guns is somehow racist but if we take a place like the inner city of Chicago it is not white guys shooting white guys so who should the cops go after?

Comparing the illegal border crossing crisis to the illegal use of guns is ridiculous but I understand that it is not much of a stretch for a Democrat mind to put together.

The Wall would stop illegal border crossings.
Declaring a national emergency to outlaw and round up guns say after a mass shooting would not affect those who own guns illegally but it would potentially make felons out of Millions of Law Abiding Citizens.

It is very telling that the Democrats are looking to assist would be law breakers while potentially turning law abiding citizens into felons?

Old 02-14-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
What epidemic ? Firearms violence has been on the decline. If you are talking about the stuff that happens in the inner cities, hell yeah , let's get that taken care of. How do you propose getting the guns from the criminals ?
As far as the law abiding firearms owners, we are protected by the Second Amendment. Good luck trying to go after that.
Of course it’s on the decline but so are illegal crossings. I’m saying that by the bastardized logic Trump is using to do this on the wall, the same logic would have to conclude that gun violence is also an emergency since it has killed far more people.

Old 02-14-2019, 07:58 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Trump has already signed two anti-gun measures. He hates gun owners like the rest of the statists.

Old 02-14-2019, 08:02 PM

6,575 posts, read 6,746,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
It has taken far more lives than all people any illegal aliens have killed or hurt.

So if Trump can go around Congress for the wall, get ready for the next D president to go full force on confronting the national epidemic of gun violence.

I didn’t want an expansion of executive power, but you cons seem ok with it to further your pet projects. You’ll have to bear that position in mind when the shoe is on the other foot.
You people are clueless. Such an action would run up against the Second Amendment.

Old 02-14-2019, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
You people are clueless. Such an action would run up against the Second Amendment.
Trump’s action runs against Article 1, namely Congress’s power of the purse.

Clueless is seeing the constitutional flaws in your opponents plans while ignoring them in your own side’s.

Old 02-14-2019, 08:06 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Texting and driving kills 10X more. Where are you in that issue?

Old 02-14-2019, 08:09 PM

6,575 posts, read 6,746,620 times
Quote:
Trump’s action runs against Article 1, namely Congress’s power of the purse.

Clueless is seeing the constitutional flaws in your opponents plans while ignoring them in your own side’s.
Trump has every legal right to do this, as you will see in SCOUTS. This act has been used since the 70s by many presidents.

Old 02-14-2019, 08:12 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,501,337 times
Quote:
It has taken far more lives than all people any illegal aliens have killed or hurt.

So if Trump can go around Congress for the wall, get ready for the next D president to go full force on confronting the national epidemic of gun violence.

I didn’t want an expansion of executive power, but you cons seem ok with it to further your pet projects. You’ll have to bear that position in mind when the shoe is on the other foot.
LOL Nancy Pelosi is that you?

Have you ever looked at your infallible CDC study?
Firearms related deaths, be it accidents, negligence, suicides, or homicides, are not even in the top 100 causes of death in this nation...

Old 02-14-2019, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
LOL Nancy Pelosi is that you?

Have you ever looked at your infallible CDC study?
Firearms related deaths, be it accidents, negligence, suicides, or homicides, are not even in the top 100 causes of death in this nation...
And as deaths caused by illegals are even lower, I’m glad that you agree that the southern border does not constitute a national emergency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies