Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2019, 03:49 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,941,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The increasing melanization of America, take 23 on this forum.

How did the Roman Empire destroy itself? By diluting it's people and culture, nuff said.
The Roman Empire was a multi cultural multi ethnic globalist empire. The reasons for its decline are also far more complex than what you put forth.

Old 03-17-2019, 03:50 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post

Come up with your own opinion for heaven's sake.

I already have. Deal with it.

Old 03-17-2019, 03:52 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
The Roman Empire was a multi cultural multi ethnic globalist empire. The reasons for its decline are also far more complex than what you put forth.
Nor was Rome the first empire to integrate conquered lands and peoples and let them be what they were. Ancient Persia/Iran did it successfully before.

Old 03-17-2019, 05:41 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
ALL culture in America stems from the Constitution. And that, unfortunately, was the creation of those pesky "old white men". (Despite what your revisionist history tries to tell you.
You know that the founding fathers would not have considered you to be white?

This is what Ben Franklin had to say about all of the non-white people coming to America at its inception.

Quote:
Which leads me to add one Remark: That the Number of purely white People in the World is proportionably very small. All Africa is black or tawny. Asia chiefly tawny. America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so. And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also, the Saxons only excepted, who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth. I could wish their Numbers were increased. And while we are, as I may call it, Scouring our Planet, by clearing America of Woods, and so making this Side of our Globe reflect a brighter Light to the Eyes of Inhabitants in Mars or Venus, why should we in the Sight of Superior Beings, darken its People? why increase the Sons of Africa, by Planting them in America, where we have so fair an Opportunity, by excluding all Blacks and Tawneys, of increasing the lovely White and Red? But perhaps I am partial to the Complexion of my Country, for such Kind of Partiality is natural to Mankind.

Old 03-17-2019, 06:10 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I don't think people are getting less happy. We have reached a very high standard, though, which we take for granted.
People are certainly unhappy, and incredibly angry. And this anger, frustration, and bitterness is spilling out in all directions. Especially into politics. Let-alone social-media.

https://theconversation.com/what-mig...epidemic-90212

Moreover, every study I have ever read on the subject says emphatically that people are getting less-happy, especially women, and that social-trust has been eroding as well. And suicide rates have been rising, alongside massive levels of depression and the use of anti-depressants and other drugs. What kind of fantasy-land do you live in?

https://www.vox.com/science-and-heal...ife-expectancy

Quote:
What is the point in being pessimistic? It won't change anything.
What is the point in being optimistic? It won't change anything.

Quote:
To the contrary, pessimistic people tend to accept things will get worse. Optimistic people on the other hand are more likely to try and improve things.
Why bother "trying" if you know you can't succeed?

I'm being swept away in a current, and you want me to find a tree to climb up, so that I may live for a while out of the treacherous waters below, in hopes that the river will subside, or that someone will come along to rescue me. You call this optimism. But what if you know nothing can change? What if you already know what the future holds? Is it better that I should delay the inevitable, only to watch the waters rise around me, until I no longer have the strength to hold on?

Quote:
I don't know what life will be like 50 years from now. I won't be around, that's for sure. And I don't have to know. People have children and once they do they are actually more concerned about the future of our world than singles are.
If you understand how we got to where we are, it is easy enough to see where we are going. The line will never be straight, and it may meander back and forth slightly, but the direction is clear and inevitable.

Quote:
I don't trust humans, they need people, institutions etc. to set limits for them. Why are there so many law suits? Certainly not because there are laws, but because people are too egoistic.
People need people, I agree. People need institutions? I disagree.

And while there are many benefits from "government", are there no downsides? Might many of the excesses of human-life be the cause of government?

My sister is addicted to meth, and I can't save her. She lives among her drug-dealers, which are basically the Mexican drug-cartels on southside-OKC. And I believe she may even be prostituting herself out in one form or another.

Had she lived in pretty much any other time in history, she would have been a normal person. But in this world of filth, which enables and encourages all kinds of destructive behavior, and where people are surrounded by it nearly from birth, and it is becoming nearly impossible to escape from it, and to protect the people you care about from it.

But these "conservatives" will say, "She is responsible for her actions". And certainly that is true, but does that mean society is in no way responsible? Does that mean this country, these people, and this culture, is free of blame?

Isn't the one who tempts men, just as responsible as the men who are tempted?

I see the government as basically the embodiment of the devil himself. And I see the people gladly selling their souls for money, and comforts, and pleasures. And they are incapable of seeing the evil in it.

What really matters?

Last edited by Redshadowz; 03-17-2019 at 06:50 PM..

Old 03-18-2019, 04:29 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
What should be promoted is not diversity but tolerance. Where tolerance is valued the melting pot is the norm. Those of different races will intermarry and biracial children will be the result.

Old 03-18-2019, 04:44 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
What should be promoted is not diversity but tolerance. Where tolerance is valued the melting pot is the norm. Those of different races will intermarry and biracial children will be the result.
You can’t promote or teach tolerance. When children grow into adults they make up their own minds regardless of what they are taught.

Old 03-18-2019, 05:42 AM

28,671 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
You can’t promote or teach tolerance. .
If society can't teach tolerance or promote tolerance, then the society must enforce it with guns, or be reduced to the level of South Somalia.

Old 03-18-2019, 11:30 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
People are certainly unhappy, and incredibly angry. And this anger, frustration, and bitterness is spilling out in all directions. Especially into politics. Let-alone social-media.

https://theconversation.com/what-mig...epidemic-90212

Moreover, every study I have ever read on the subject says emphatically that people are getting less-happy, especially women, and that social-trust has been eroding as well. And suicide rates have been rising, alongside massive levels of depression and the use of anti-depressants and other drugs. What kind of fantasy-land do you live in?

https://www.vox.com/science-and-heal...ife-expectancy

What is the point in being optimistic? It won't change anything.

Why bother "trying" if you know you can't succeed?

I'm being swept away in a current, and you want me to find a tree to climb up, so that I may live for a while out of the treacherous waters below, in hopes that the river will subside, or that someone will come along to rescue me. You call this optimism. But what if you know nothing can change? What if you already know what the future holds? Is it better that I should delay the inevitable, only to watch the waters rise around me, until I no longer have the strength to hold on?

If you understand how we got to where we are, it is easy enough to see where we are going. The line will never be straight, and it may meander back and forth slightly, but the direction is clear and inevitable.

People need people, I agree. People need institutions? I disagree.

And while there are many benefits from "government", are there no downsides? Might many of the excesses of human-life be the cause of government?

My sister is addicted to meth, and I can't save her. She lives among her drug-dealers, which are basically the Mexican drug-cartels on southside-OKC. And I believe she may even be prostituting herself out in one form or another.

Had she lived in pretty much any other time in history, she would have been a normal person. But in this world of filth, which enables and encourages all kinds of destructive behavior, and where people are surrounded by it nearly from birth, and it is becoming nearly impossible to escape from it, and to protect the people you care about from it.

But these "conservatives" will say, "She is responsible for her actions". And certainly that is true, but does that mean society is in no way responsible? Does that mean this country, these people, and this culture, is free of blame?

Isn't the one who tempts men, just as responsible as the men who are tempted?

I see the government as basically the embodiment of the devil himself. And I see the people gladly selling their souls for money, and comforts, and pleasures. And they are incapable of seeing the evil in it.

What really matters?
Well, it might be your American situation. Where I live people are not incredibly angry, nor unhappier than in the past.
There simply is more data today. It is like with certain crimes. One gets the impression they are on the increase, but only because they were not readily reported in the past.

I disagree, having an optimistic attitude can change the way things go in the future.
I don't believe in psychics who can tell the future, thus I do NOT KNOW that I can't succeed, thus it makes sense to bother trying.

Even if you obviously like being pessimistic and miserable, there is no point in it because nobody cares. People do not want to be with negative people. And if you are so sure things will turn out bad, you might as well make the best of it because your life is all you got. And it will be over soon enough.

Sorry to hear about your sister. I hate drugs and am rather conservative in that respect.
But really, drugs have been a problem for decades, since the 60s more or less. Have you wondered why your sister got started with drugs in the first place? I doubt Mexican dealers forced her to take drugs at gunpoint. For some reason she started herself, and then got lost. So, I wonder where her family was, the people who were supposed to protect each other. Those are very specific people, not some abstract society one could blame.
No, I do not blame the one who tempts equally. What's next? Blaming a woman in a mini skirt for her rape?

It is none of my business, but instead of spending so much time on this message board, maybe it would make more sense to try and get your sister out of her situation, move to another place together, or whatever.

Anyway, what does all that have to do with mixed-race relationships? Is your sister in one?

Old 03-19-2019, 04:56 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
People are not incredibly angry, nor unhappier than in the past. There simply is more data today. It is like with certain crimes. One gets the impression they are on the increase, but only because they were not readily reported in the past.
Do you honestly believe all this hostility in our politics is just created by the media? You don't think people are actually angry?

Donald Trump won because people are angry. What do you think all this anti-establishment fervor was about? All this populism? All this desire for change?

Happy people don't demand a revolution and look forward to Civil-War.

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your sister. I hate drugs and am rather conservative in that respect. But really, drugs have been a problem for decades, since the 60s more or less. Have you wondered why your sister got started with drugs in the first place? I doubt Mexican dealers forced her to take drugs at gunpoint. For some reason she started herself, and then got lost. So, I wonder where her family was, the people who were supposed to protect each other. Those are very specific people, not some abstract society one could blame.
I am not blaming the Mexican drug-dealers for meth. I could honestly care-less about the Mexican drug-dealers. They don't really factor into the equation. And I know exactly why my sister began using meth. And it is the same reason millions of other people are doing meth. And even if there was no such thing as a Mexican, she would still be on meth.

It is all about the state of society, family, community, etc. And as I said, there is absolutely nothing I can do, and nothing I could ever do.

The point I was trying to make was that my sister could have lived at pretty much any other time in history, and she likely would have lived a perfectly normal/healthy life.

You need to imagine that you had a kid. And you lived in the ghetto. So your kid was raised in that environment, and went to those schools, and was completely-immersed in that culture. Regardless of how great a parent you are, would your kid be the same as if he was raised literally anywhere else?

Don't parents do everything they can to move to "good neighborhoods" with "good schools" to keep their children away from "bad influences"?

It wasn't the Mexicans who corrupted my sister, it was society. Mexicans drug-cartels are merely symptoms of a much-larger problem. My beef is not with Mexicans, it is with this government, this system.

And until this system changes, none of these people can be saved. Not just my sister.

Quote:
No, I do not blame the one who tempts equally. What's next? Blaming a woman in a mini skirt for her rape?
I don't like how this question is worded because it confuscates the real issue. If your daughter walked through the ghetto at 2 am butt-naked, in no way would that justify someone raping her, but wouldn't you tell her she was being stupid? Or in crude terms, that she should have expected what she got?

I remember I was driving one night in a rough part of town, it was a little after the bars let out. And I saw this very drunk girl walking down the street. She was so drunk that she was zig-zagging back and forth as she walked. It was a semi-major road in a neighborhood and there was no traffic. And I knew she was probably walking home. I couldn't see too well, but she looked to be in her 20's, and thin.

I slowed down a bit, and I thought about stopping to make sure she was alright, but I was at work at the time and was driving a company vehicle, so I didn't stop. I worried for a long time that something might have happened to her. She would have been a very easy target.

I wish no woman would put themselves in that kind of situation. But while that is the most-extreme example, there are gradations of that. Camille Paglia for instance says women should never "go home" with a man unless they intend to have sex with him. And that doing so places them at risk.

Quote:
Anyway, what does all that have to do with mixed-race relationships?
Families and communities are eroding in part because everyone is being "spread out".

Imagine a community where people only married people within the community. Where everyone knew each other, because everyone was related to everyone else.

Now imagine a community where literally no one was related to anyone. Which community would be more-likely to have two-parent families? Which is more-likely to actually feel like a community?

My point is, white people dating black people doesn't bring people together, it destroys families and communities. And all these lefties whining about how communities are dying, are doing everything they can to destroy them. What is it that binds a community together? What is it that binds a family together?

I am not a utopian insofar as I do not believe the world can ever be made perfect. Humans are flawed. But if you understand humanity's flaws, then you can devise "systems" which mitigate as much harm as possible, and reward/encourage "good" behavior.

And the only benefit of diversity is cheap labor. And that has always been true. Think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies