Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 10:37 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,569,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
OK then, if pregnancy is not a medical condition that needs treatment neither is birth......so.....preemies should be left to die as nature intended. Got it.
Lol, can't argue with that logic & fully expect that poster not to respond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2019, 10:43 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Well now you have reduced yourself to just making things up.

1. Obstetrics, an entire medical field dedicated to treating pregnancy.

2. Even in a first world nation like ours more than 50,000 women a year suffer serious complications or death as a result of being pregnant.

Says the man who doesn’t understand that obstetrics is a field of medicine. Sorry but your inability to even recognize the realities of pregnancy and it’s risk to women disqualifies you from deciding what is or is not comparable in this situation.
Pregnancies are monitored. Not treated.

What treatment do ALL pregnant women need per any professional medical guideline?

And remember, this treatment needs to be recommended for EVERY single women who is pregnant, across the board by EVERY OBGYN.

Since the argument is that ALL pregnancies need medical TREATMENT.

Name that TREATMENT ... and ... go.

*crickets*

Old 06-02-2019, 10:45 AM

37,121 posts, read 41,299,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

What treatment do ALL pregnant women need per any professional medical guideline?

And remember, this treatment needs to be recommended for EVERY single women who is pregnant, across the board by EVERY OBGYN.

*crickets*
Tdap.

Old 06-02-2019, 11:17 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,814,472 times
Quote:

*crickets*
Per The College of Obstetrics and Gynecology:

ALL pregnant women and all women who may become pregnant should take a daily vitamin supplement that contains a minimum of 400 micrograms of folic acid.

Last edited by UNC4Me; 06-02-2019 at 12:03 PM..

Old 06-02-2019, 01:22 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Because we can, does it mean we should?

Priceless preemies, costly care

Wouldn't money be better spent on pre-natal care to help prevent premature births?
I part company here. I think a wanted child should get the best care possible. I think we can do both. This has nothing to do with abortion anyway.

Old 06-02-2019, 02:32 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,744,701 times
Quote:

BS definition there is no single medical treatment recommended for any group, not even cancer patients. You prove again and again how woefully ignorant you are of basic biology again and again.

Quote:

*crickets*
Your straw men (those are a type of logical fallacy) are showing again. You are really, really reaching. Why? Because there is no denying the CDCs own findings that more than 50,000 women a year, just in US, will experience serious complications from taking a pregnancy to term. All of your making up nonsense definitions does not change the fact that pregnancy is dangerous, forcing women to undergo it against their will will result in some of them dying.

Old 06-02-2019, 03:42 PM

18,404 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:

*crickets*
Hey girls, let’s just start birthing our babies out in the fields, or at the office during the meetings. Don’t even need to bother with prenatal care or doc attending to you. Just grunt it out and go about your business. Easy peasy

Old 06-03-2019, 04:37 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
BS definition there is no single medical treatment recommended for any group, not even cancer patients. You prove again and again how woefully ignorant you are of basic biology again and again.
There are treatment guidelines for every illness. Ever heard of the NCCN?

What are the treatment guidelines for pregnancy, since, according to posters here, pregnancy is a medical condition/illness?

When a women is pregnant and goes to the OBGYN, what treatment does the OBGYN prescribe at every visit?

Is pregnancy monitored? Yes. So is blood pressure. Does that mean having blood pressure is an illness? No. It doesn't. /facepalm/

PS. Cancer *is* an illness.

Last edited by newtovenice; 06-03-2019 at 06:07 AM..

Old 06-03-2019, 05:42 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,814,472 times
Quote:

Quote:

When a women is pregnant and goes to the OBGYN, what treatment does the OBGYN prescribe at every visit?
And now you’re going to play the semantics game. Typical.

First, you asked what treatment(s) were recommended for EVERY single woman who is pregnant across the board by EVERY OBGYN.

You got answers that show there are such treatments so you now say this treatment has to be prescribed at every visit. Moving the goal post by a couple words doesn’t change anything.

Pregnancy is a medical condition. It requires and gets medical treatment. Sometimes it’s routine medical treatment if a woman is lucky. Sometimes it’s lifesaving treatment if she’s not. Those are FACTS.

You can try and play with semantics to prove otherwise, but you’re just making yourself look foolish. /shrug/

Old 07-01-2019, 09:50 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,813,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Obviously, "I had no choice" is hyperbole, meant to say that other choices that existed were more horrible to the woman than terminating the pregnancy. That the very thought of keeping the baby or putting it up for adoption, were less acceptable to her. For reasons. What reasons? None of your business reasons, probably.

When I was looking at that choice myself, which I am eternally grateful to whatever powers that be in the universe that I miscarried... Was I aware that I had the option to carry a pregnancy to term? To put a baby up for adoption or to raise one? Yes, of course, I was aware that if I did not get my backside in gear and get an abortion, I would have no choice BUT to do one of those things. Did I KNOW that left unchecked, an embryo will transform into a fetus and hence an infant? Of course. I'd done it twice before after all. How is any woman not aware, as you are implying, of those things?

Only because you cannot imagine a woman being ok with "killing her baby" so you figure she must literally mean she knew of no other possible option? Is that where this bizarre line of argument is coming from?

It reminds me of people at work who tell you "you have a choice to be here" Sure I can put the pen to paper and write my two week notice. You're not going to hold me at gunpoint. However I don't have a choice in a steady employment but in their eyes (at the time at least) the fact that an employer is not forcing me to stay it means I have a choice.
So same deal..on paper 3 options but none of those options include going back in time and erasing conception. If you aren't equipped to deal with the fact that part of your DNA is going to be born so you feel it's best they never be born then you have no other option.

Quote:
Well no. There are some people who still believe that an abortion doesn't kill a life. At all. They think it is a medical procedure, like having a tooth removed.

I don't believe that. It is a procedure that kills a life but it doesn't matter if it is because being terminated while not aware of life is better than being imprisoned for several years..perhaps even decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies