Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 12:28 PM

4,512 posts, read 1,867,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
And this is my exact thinking when I state to move these homeless into the former internment camps used in WWII,
Those camps housed thousands, and thousands of people during the war, and they could again, but no one wants to hear a common sense idea like I have proposed.

Bob.
Eventually society will have to decide whether to live with tent cities disbursed throughout most communities or to detain these people in remotely located camps. There are really only these two feasible outcomes.

Once enough libs get robbed, raped, and murdered by the homeless they will eventually change their tune and join the rest of us. It will just take time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2019, 12:45 PM

29,552 posts, read 9,737,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
And this is my exact thinking when I state to move these homeless into the former internment camps used in WWII,
Those camps housed thousands, and thousands of people during the war, and they could again, but no one wants to hear a common sense idea like I have proposed.

Bob.
Might be part of the problem is that you can't really create a camp of "thousands and thousands" of homeless people. Not like you can ship people from all parts of the state or country to one location and expect them to stay after all. Right? Most of these camps, like the one set up here locally, are for purposes of having a place to sleep at night, free to go where you will during the day, and it certainly isn't big enough to house all the homeless in this area. There are other shelters and affordable housing too, but also still not enough for the ever growing numbers.

The solution, whatever it might be, is no doubt going to require a more distributed housing plan that dilutes the numbers rather than concentrates them, so that you also don't have the NIMBY problem, or maybe you wouldn't mind having such a camp of thousands not far from your home?

I'm guessing you're not thinking some sort of "island solution" like on Molokai where they used to ship the leppers. Are you?

I suspect people absolutely do want to hear a common sense idea, but with all due respect, I'm not sure yours is exactly that for more than a few reasons...

Old 06-06-2019, 04:09 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,334,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Like with cancer, everyone wants a remedy, but no one seems able to come up with one...
That's just not true. All one has to do is broaden their scope of research to outside the US borders to find approaches to the problem that are working much, much better than our War has been working.

Old 06-06-2019, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
If to suggest the flow of drugs is a significant part of the problem, well no kidding.
But that focuses on the wrong part of the problem. As long as there is demand, ways to satisfy that demand will always be found. Money is the driving force behind that fact.

If we continue to use The War on Drugs to focus on cutting off the supply, like we have been doing for the last 50 years, then nothing will change: The problem will continue to get worse and worse.

Old 06-06-2019, 04:19 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,186,114 times
Do not know what should happen but sounds like Americans want the easiest fix.

Get rid of the lowest 10-15% of the people in whatever way possible. Replace them with billionaires from all other countries.

Old 06-06-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Do not know what should happen but sounds like Americans want the easiest fix.

Get rid of the lowest 10-15% of the people in whatever way possible. Replace them with billionaires from all other countries.
The Nazis did a lot of homework for you to determine the most efficient way to carry out your plan: Gas chambers and ovens. Shall we build the first one in your backyard?

Old 06-06-2019, 04:44 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,186,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
The Nazis did a lot of homework for you to determine the most efficient way to carry out your plan: Gas chambers and ovens. Shall we build the first one in your backyard?

It's not my plan. It seems to be what plenty of Americans want according to their politics.

Old 06-06-2019, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
It's not my plan. It seems to be what plenty of Americans want according to their politics.
I know what you mean. However, I am hopeful those extremists represent just a tiny fraction of American society.

Old 06-07-2019, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
That's just not true. All one has to do is broaden their scope of research to outside the US borders to find approaches to the problem that are working much, much better than our War has been working.
Are you suggesting no one has?

Another part of many parts of the problem is the desire and/or willingness to do what some of these other countries have done to alleviate the problem. I've read much about those approaches too, and sure seems to me if there was any "magic bullet" proven elsewhere, we'd be quick to use the same approach here, but we don't. Ask yourself why. Start with just how different the numbers, circumstances and ideology tends to be in countries like Finland, for example, as compared to the United States and/or California. Consider too how many Americans believe poverty is a choice, and you might better understand why I say the problem is something like cancer with no real solution...

There are lesser forms of cancer more easily remedied. Yes, but given the growing millions of poor and homeless all over the world? I wish I could be more optimistic...

Old 06-07-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Eventually society will have to decide whether to live with tent cities disbursed throughout most communities or to detain these people in remotely located camps. There are really only these two feasible outcomes.

Once enough libs get robbed, raped, and murdered by the homeless they will eventually change their tune and join the rest of us. It will just take time.
That day is about as likely as the day when conservatives stop describing this problem and our differences with this sort of dumbed-down insulting rhetoric...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies