Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2020, 07:08 PM

18,472 posts, read 8,298,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
No cold for FL in years. The planet is heating at a rapid rate for my area. The last 8 years have been insane on the heating. There is no stopping it now. Our winters will be 80's and 90's past 30 years from now and most life will start to die off past 70 years as sea temps get past a point that most sea life will die and out past 120 years it is over for most life.
You had a hard freeze in your neighborhood just two years ago.... 29 degrees
..and your forecast says you might get another one in two days

Mon night....39F
Tues night....33F...1 degree above freezing..with pockets below freezing

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/ta...orecast/347937

Last edited by Corrie22; 01-19-2020 at 07:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2020, 07:22 PM

286 posts, read 211,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
If global warming changes to global cooling, will the Left be encouraging everyone to burn fossil fuels? Will solar panels and wind turbines be banned?
Nah. That would mean the left will have to admit they were wrong. And the whole basis of left movement is to think of themselves as enlightened smart educated people who can never be wrong.
So I don't think they would change the tune.

They have already saying that any change in weather pattern is a prove that people broke the climate. So if it actually starts getting colder - they would say this is because the climate is broken because it was supposed to get hotter, but instead it got colder. But it will eventually will get even more hotter because it is broken.

The idea behind the climate change movement is to force developed countries to share the wealth.
First the lefties tried to prove the 3rd world is poor because developed countries stole their wealth. As if those countries were rich at some point before their wealth was stolen. When they realized how laughable that theory is, they switched the tune to the global warming.
So since the developed countries became wealthy not because they stole the wealth from the 3rd world, but because of their technological advancements - they made the climate unlivable for the rest of the world in the process. So now they have to pay retributions to all those poor nations.
So it doesn't matter if it is getting warmer, colder, windy. The lefties will always find a theory to explain how that is going to kill the planet and how the wealthy countries should pay up. Their gullible sheep followers will eat up any nonsense as long it is printed in NYT.

Old 01-19-2020, 08:51 PM

57,323 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banbuk77 View Post
That is a funny thing. The progressives were the deniers of a climate change for decades.

The leftist were running around with global warming. The other side tried to explain that the warming in the past several decades (if there was any real warming and not based on adjusted temperatures) could've been due to the global climate change processes that run for hundreds or thousands of years. But the leftists didn't want to hear any of that. Global warming was their only mantra.

Then some 15 years ago they realized the dire predictions of warming and us going underwater didn't play out , so they suddenly remembered the climate change and changed the tune. Now they don't need the warming to prove they are right. Now any change (warming, cooling, hurricanes, etc) is a proof for them that it is man made. And if someone ask them to show any proof at all the changes are man made and not just a coincidence with the global climate change process - they label that person as a denier of a climate change.
Exxon was aware of the impact of fossil fuels in the 1970’s, they are hardly a progressive organization.

Old 01-19-2020, 09:40 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,623,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
It's the "hot north pole cold continents" pattern, consistent with AGW.
(snip)
The question is, can climate denial carry on in spite of all of the mounting evidence that AGW is real?
So many claims. So little proof.

Old 01-20-2020, 04:55 AM

30,455 posts, read 21,298,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
You had a hard freeze in your neighborhood just two years ago.... 29 degrees
..and your forecast says you might get another one in two days

Mon night....39F
Tues night....33F...1 degree above freezing..with pockets below freezing

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/ta...orecast/347937
Wrong like always and it was 3 years ago bro. 27f. Plus i have moved since then. So how would you know bro what temps i have if you no clue where i live. Gotta remember i am right on the gulf dwight. Inland areas north will see low 30's but i sure won't. Maybe 38f if i am lucky. All the hottest years and months have come the last few years other than 1990 when the weather changed for good.

So you don't know if i live in Dixie or Lee county to even guess what my temps will be. Just use Tampa as a place to see that not many 30's have been seen the last few years. Nothing like the 80's that you typed were warmer than what has been the last 8 years. 1981,82,83,84,85, 86 AND 89 all saw temps from 19f to 28f in Tampa when i lived there. From 1990 on the ramp up in heating has been unreal and even much worse over the last 8 years.

Old 01-20-2020, 05:22 AM

30,398 posts, read 19,191,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The solar minimum, which could last 20-40 years, is producing lower temperatures and "late" snowfalls in the west and Midwest with late May snow storms.

With the falling of temps and increased snowfall, will this dampen the enthusiasm for AGW? How will the AGW "stoke the flames" and keep enthusiasm up for the premise when the nation is faced with continued cold temps and record snowfalls?

https://www.9news.com/article/news/l...s/73-622218608

Summer will save the day temporarily, where "record temps" can be sited for every day above 90 degrees, but eventually those pesky cold winters and snowfall will return.

Can AGW carry on in spite of lower temps?
I am hoping that AGW will thwart future Ice Ages. I think there's a possibility it might.

Old 01-20-2020, 05:47 AM

35,091 posts, read 17,051,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banbuk77 View Post
Nah. That would mean the left will have to admit they were wrong. And the whole basis of left movement is to think of themselves as enlightened smart educated people who can never be wrong.
So I don't think they would change the tune.

The idea behind the climate change movement is to force developed countries to share the wealth.***********The lefties will always find a theory to explain how that is going to kill the planet and how the wealthy countries should pay up. Their gullible sheep followers will eat up any nonsense as long it is printed in NYT.
Even though I am an extreme leftist I basically agree with you. All one has to do is read some details on the International Development Finance Club and how it wants to make use of our money, see this link. An excerpt of this gobbledygook (link):
Quote:
Adaptation finance tracking requires the disaggregation of adaptation activities from non-adaptation activities as far as reasonably possible. If disaggregation is not possible using project-specific data, a more qualitative or experience-based assessment can be used to identify the proportion of the project that corresponds to climate change adaptation activities. Consistent with the principle of conservativeness, climate finance is generally under-reported rather than over-reported.

This step typically entails including in the relevant project documentation a specific statement of intent to address identified climate vulnerabilities. MDBs and IDFC members have found that the application of this step has in many cases led to increased discussions with partners and counterparts about climate risk. In practice, the step often helps projects to capture adaptation challenges and incorporate appropriate responses to climate risks. This focuses attention on addressing climate risks and improving stakeholder consensus, because it makes project teams and beneficiaries alike more aware of climate change risks and climate resilience challenges. The statements of intent may also often appear in a project-logical framework, thus defining adaptation as one of the objectives of the project. Boxes 5, 6 and 7 offer examples of the application of this step.
But hey. Western politicians feel virtuous be writing checks on someone else's money. But does someone really think that Kabila of Congo or the "leaders" of Chad, Mali, Ghana, or Liberia are going to use the proceeds for "climate adjustment"?

Old 01-20-2020, 05:51 AM

18,472 posts, read 8,298,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Wrong like always and it was 3 years ago bro. 27f. Plus i have moved since then. So how would you know bro what temps i have if you no clue where i live. Gotta remember i am right on the gulf dwight.
National Weather Service says it was 29F, January 18, 2018.... 2 years ago like I said....are you now saying there were two hard freezes?....2 years ago and 3 years ago?

https://www.currentresults.com/Yearl...emperature.php

I'm just going by what you said....you said you moved last summer....you old temp records would be where you lived before....and you said you lived in New Port Richey before....

You jinxed yourself saying no 30 degree temps in Florida....and now you're going in the 30's tonight and tomorrow night

Old 01-20-2020, 06:00 AM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
1. it is NATURAL climate change...we are currently in an interglacial period

2. weather patterns change quite often.... do you think the weather patterns were the same during the last ice age when 50% of the earths surface was covered in ice???
^^^^This. The SUN controls our Climate more than anything else. What the Climate ALARMISTS are talking about is a few decades of WEATHER. They are pushing an economic redistribution SCAM based on the HOAX of MAN's influence on Climate. It is just an excuse for more taxes and false "Social and Economic Justice". Carbon (CO2) is NOT A POLLUTANT.

Old 01-20-2020, 06:02 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,393,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Exxon was aware of the impact of fossil fuels in the 1970’s, they are hardly a progressive organization.
And the irony is that YOU are posting from a glacial moraine in New York.

How'd that moraine get there??????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies