Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2019, 06:35 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,279,548 times

Advertisements

For all the blather about them, I've never seen one "Christian" value that wasn't also a value in many other religions and philosophies. I find that turn of phrase to be very insulting and arrogant.

Old 07-07-2019, 06:50 AM

5,900 posts, read 3,903,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
How many heads would pop if we elected a President who was anything but Christian. Would be a total freak out among these so called Christians.
The far right reminds us on a daily basis that we just had a muslim president in Barack Obama.

Old 07-07-2019, 06:52 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Pew Research Poll: Over 30% of Americans Say Being a Chrstian Is Important to be "Truly an American."

30% of the population has a below average IQ.
Touting what 30% of a large group of people do or do not say (based on polls that only talk to a tiny percentage of them) is neither useful nor prudent.

Old 07-07-2019, 06:55 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I have no problem with it either, but no it hasn't.
Seriously? Even before DNA was discovered, it was pretty obvious. But now, we have DNA evidence that links us to other primates.

Our DNA is only 1.2% different than Chimpanzees and Bonobos, who are their close cousins. In fact, these African apes are closer to us in DNA than they are to a lot of other types of primates, like the Asian Orangutan. Our last common ancestor lived only about 6 million years ago. We are still searching for it’s remains, as fossils from that time period are scarce. If you want to say that this means there is not proof, then I can introduce you to some people who say we never landed on the moon, and the earth is flat.

I remember a few years ago, scientists discovered a 13 million year old primate skull that is a common ancestor, though it may or may not be the last common ancestor.

Old 07-07-2019, 07:00 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Seriously? Even before DNA was discovered, it was pretty obvious. But now, we have DNA evidence that links us to other primates.

Our DNA is only 1.2% different than Chimpanzees and Bonobos, who are their close cousins. In fact, these African apes are closer to us in DNA than they are to a lot of other types of primates, like the Asian Orangutan. Our last common ancestor lived only about 6 million years ago. We are still searching for it’s remains, as fossils from that time period are scarce. If you want to say that this means there is not proof, then I can introduce you to some people who say we never landed on the moon, and the earth is flat.

I remember a few years ago, scientists discovered a 13 million year old primate skull that is a common ancestor, though it may or may not be the last common ancestor.
Did you read the statement I replied to and my reply?

Old 07-07-2019, 07:03 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,162,429 times
What's wrong with having Christian values? How can anyone argue that the Ten Commandments aren't a good code to live by? Some of our laws are based on them. One doesn't have to be a church goer or a religious nut to see the value in living by them.

Old 07-07-2019, 07:05 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Democraps sucking up to the Creator/God.
https://apnews.com/9de001e6bb7843618ab42fc3ee674584

Old 07-07-2019, 07:14 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Did you read the statement I replied to and my reply?
Yes, but I think it is the statement before that, in which you were arguing. No, it has not been proven for centuries. You are right there.

But now, it is accepted as a scientific fact. Scientific theory becomes fact when it is the general scientific consensus that the evidence will not be overturned by new evidence. Like the scientific fact that the earth revolves around the sun.

That is not to say that we are not still studying evolution, there is still a lot of potential refinement to be done. But no real scientist expects to overturn the massive collection of evidence that now supports it.

Old 07-07-2019, 07:20 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Yes, but I think it is the statement before that, in which you were arguing. No, it has not been proven for centuries. You are right there.
That was my only argument.

Quote:
But now, it is accepted as a scientific fact. Scientific theory becomes fact when it is the general scientific consensus that the evidence will not be overturned by new evidence. Like the scientific fact that the earth revolves around the sun.
This isn't true either. I am arguing science. Something remains a theory until it is proven. It has become an accepted theory. We have proven that the Earth revolves around the sun. That means it is no longer a theory.

Quote:
That is not to say that we are not still studying evolution, there is still a lot of potential refinement to be done. But no real scientist expects to overturn the massive collection of evidence that now supports it.
No issue there.

Old 07-07-2019, 07:22 AM

6,738 posts, read 4,422,356 times
Quote:

People refuse to believe these discoveries. It doesnt reflect their narrative. Some believe man and dinosaurs were on earth at the same time. So when they watch the Flintstones with their kids, they can call it a documentary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies