Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2019, 09:29 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times

Advertisements

That’s encouraging. I thought the number would be twice that.

Old 07-06-2019, 09:38 PM

32,076 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Being Christian doesn’t mean anything anymore. Many proclaim to be to defend their prejudices. I’m Catholic....catholic schools, mass several times a week. We were taught by nuns and priests to accept and love everyone because this was god’s way.

Old 07-07-2019, 01:18 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
All I know is that I didn't create myself and I'm not arrogant enough to proclaim that there's no God.
It's easy as cake to come to my logical reasoning.

If there were an actual god, there would only be one religion

A god (as Christians view him) wouldn't have let all the bad things happen that have happened in this world

Old 07-07-2019, 01:29 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times
Quote:
All I know is that I didn't create myself and I'm not arrogant enough to proclaim that there's no God.
Arrogance? You mean like people who presume they'll be invited into paradise after death just because they hung out in the right building on Sundays, while announcing that everyone else will burn in hell?

And prosperity gospel...where you have people bragging that they're rich because G-d likes them more. Holy narcissism.

Arrogance abounds among both sides

Old 07-07-2019, 03:00 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Considering that the country was founded by Christians and on Christian belief -- what's the problem?
Was the eradication of Indians, slavery and Jim Crow part of that “Christian belief?”

Old 07-07-2019, 04:37 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,184,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Slime plus time (i.e., abiogenesis and evolution) cannot create living systems, which are information. DNA is information. It doesn't come from nothing. It comes from intelligence. Genetic information is much more complex than even computer information. It cannot originate by chance.
WRONG. Do you not believe in evolution over many BILLIONS of years?

And BTW human beings are not anymore special or precious to your imaginary god... than any other living being on this planet. After all, in your Noah's Ark fable, pairs of every single living creature were put onto that ark to be saved from the flood. Humans need to share the planet with all other living creatures, rather than taking over their habitats and pushing them out of the way for places to live and farm for food. Humans are very flawed and selfish creatures for thinking that they are so special. And BTW your precious bible was written by other human beings with a non-spiritual agenda, many times over the centuries. The bible was not written by your god. And according to your bible, only the tablets with the ten commandments on it was made by him.

Old 07-07-2019, 04:50 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Arrogance? You mean like people who presume they'll be invited into paradise after death just because they hung out in the right building on Sundays, while announcing that everyone else will burn in hell?

And prosperity gospel...where you have people bragging that they're rich because G-d likes them more. Holy narcissism.

Arrogance abounds among both sides
^^this. How do christians feel about keeping children in cages? How do they spin treating others like this? According to everything I know this is the opposite of being christian.

Old 07-07-2019, 05:54 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
^^this. How do christians feel about keeping children in cages? How do they spin treating others like this? According to everything I know this is the opposite of being christian.
I can not speak for others but I have been clear that I think it is abhorrent.

What do you think about us killing thousands of innocent women and children the last 16 plus years?

Old 07-07-2019, 06:00 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,439,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
WRONG. Do you not believe in evolution over many BILLIONS of years?
No; and the earth is young (see post #85 - http://www.city-data.com/forum/55601052-post85.html), so there is no time for evolution to occur. But even if you had billions of years to work with, slime plus time wouldn't produce genetic information.

https://evolutionunderthemicroscope.com/newgenes01.html

Quote:
And BTW your precious bible was written by other human beings with a non-spiritual agenda, many times over the centuries. The bible was not written by your god. And according to your bible, only the tablets with the ten commandments on it was made by him.
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God [...]" (2 Timothy 3:16)

Old 07-07-2019, 06:04 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Very disheartening, but not surprising. The conservative Christian right will never change.

LINK: https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2...onal-identity/

https://twitter.com/PewReligion/stat...58750832279552
"
Quote:
Perhaps not surprisingly, the link between religion and nationality is of greatest consequence to those for whom religion plays a very important role in daily life. Among this group, 51% say it is very important to be Christian in order to be truly American."

Are you so INSECURE in your OWN beliefs you can't HANDLE how OTHERS believe? Sad, so very sad!

But not surprising. NON-believers left will never change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies