Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 06:44 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

My general rule is that if somebody have to explain to me why "something" is "racist", then that "something" might not be racist to begin with.

I have a very clear definition of racism.

A very wise man once told me, "you cannot be held accountable for somebody else's feelings."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 06:49 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times
Just an example of reverse racism and cultural appropriation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gadsde...dsden_flag.svg

Old 07-18-2019, 07:02 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
If you've read the history of that flag, you would know there is NOTHING racist about this flag.

I believe, much like the "rebel" flag - which was actually the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia, not any sort of flag representing the entire Confederacy - I believe the issue lies with how it is being (mis)used in recent history, not the historical roots of the flags per se.

I could be wrong, though.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:06 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Don't believe what the MEDIA says about the Tea Party. TEA = Taxed Enough Already. That's it. The movement was about lower taxes, and less government spending and intrusion.
So Tea Partiers should be against Trump then. Or, it was never really about that at all.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:07 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
The flag isn't racist, but the racists sure love it.

And therein lies the problem.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:10 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
So Tea Partiers should be against Trump then. Or, it was never really about that at all.
Candidate Donald Trump won the presidency because he talked tough in ways no presidential candidate has done in recent memory, maybe ever. Trump left no sacred cow unscathed with searing attacks on the Iraq War, bad trade deals, Sen. John McCain, and the most sacred cow of them all—illegal immigration. Trump’s words resonated, and millions of Americans delivered victory for Trump at the polls.

As president, Trump’s words remain tough, his actions less so. Trump often praises American military heroes like Gen. George Patton; a man who subscribed to the philosophy of relentless attack. But unlike Patton’s bold and decisive battlefield leadership, Trump's tough talk produces few tangible results. His meandering speeches inspire, but they do not translate into coherent, sustainable policy.

The Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity : Make Donald Trump Great Again

Old 07-18-2019, 07:13 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,334 times
Whoever got angry about that has obviously never been to Virginia. That's literally a license plate here. And I've seen it being used by many non-whites.

These people love to virtue signal things that aren't even true.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:14 AM

50,295 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
The Gadsden flag is flown almost exclusively by white guys. Ironic.
Wrong

I love when people who aren't gun owners chime in on "everything" about gun owners. But then, that's probably a theme for them about everything, aka self proclaimed know it alls.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:15 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Just the spending aspect. They would need to weigh the other things as well like the fact that he lowered income taxes, and removed some unnecessary regulation as well as others.

However, I agree that Trump has been a disappointment with spending. He needs to come up with a response to the Democrats accusations of him "shutting down the government" which the media of course embraces and blames only Trump.

Nice try though. As I said in my previous post, the Tea Party is about Lower Taxes, Less spending, and Less government intrusion. Trump has already done two out of there and still has six years left. Not bad, huh?

Old 07-18-2019, 07:17 AM

50,295 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
EVERYTHING is racist to these wackaloons anymore. The Gadsden was actually the first American flag. There were others like the Liberty Tree but the Gadsden was pretty much it until Old Glory came around. I have both versions of the Gadsden. My favorite is the Naval Jack version. It is still in use today with the US Navy and is flown astern by ships that have been in combat when coming into port.

Racist. Whatever. Having to take a dump in the morning or peeing in the shower is racist anymore with these daffy leftists. They are constantly on the lookout for something to be offended by and the more American the thing that causes offense the better. They are really big on tearing at our historical symbols.

It started with the Confederate Battle Flag and when that garnered success they just pulled out the stops. I own a bullwhip that I practice with and use occasionally moving cattle, (No, I don't hit the animals with it. It's just for noise) and Gadsden flags, and the whip hangs on my wall with my rope. As in Lariat. Oh the HORROR!! I must be a flaming racist!!

When EVERYTHING is viewed through the context of skin tone looking for "offensive" connotations all sorts of things can be imagined. They will be going after our current national flag soon just watch. They will want it replaced with that rainbow rag or something similar. It won't be long before we see something like that put out. It's coming.
The fact that they are offended makes me smile every time I think about it. It just makes me want to pile on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies