Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2019, 09:30 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,955,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Actually, didn’t it start with Cummings criticizing Trump’s policy on the southern border? He said Homeland Security had an “empathy deficit”. I believe Cummings lobbed the first shot, and Trump responded by telling Cummings to take care of his own rat-infested backyard.
Cummings gave the HHS director Hell in a congressional hearing about the sub-human conditions in the detention centers that include not enough water to take showers. Tell me how that isn't right? If this was Iran doing this, you conservative would be saying it is a humanitarian crisis. Instead brown man bad...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 09:31 AM

16,959 posts, read 17,377,447 times
Cummings is the most racist politician I’ve seen. IMO/IME people of color are more racist than Caucasians.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:32 AM

33,594 posts, read 18,215,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Quinnipiac released a poll today that was for a survey that started (7/25-7/28) before Trump's latest attacks on Cummings and Baltimore. The majority of those surveyed (51-45 percent) thought President Donald Trump is racist. This sentiment was even more pronounced in the ethnic communities that Trump regularly attacks as black voters replied 80 - 11 percent and Hispanic voters 55 - 44 percent.

Do you think Donald Trump is a racist:
YES 51%
NO 45%

Source
https://poll.qu.edu/national/release...ReleaseID=3636
Did they poll mostly democrats? I bet they did. Illegals included.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:34 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,441,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Cummings gave the HHS director Hell in a congressional hearing about the sub-human conditions in the detention centers that include not enough water to take showers. Tell me how that isn't right? If this was Iran doing this, you conservative would be saying it is a humanitarian crisis. Instead brown man bad...
He's bad because he's......bad. Not because he's "brown."

Ya racist!

Old 07-30-2019, 09:39 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,523,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I really don’t give a crap about conditions for adult migrants in our detention centers. They have a myriad of options available to themselves to avoid these places. I don’t take such a hardline stance on kids, and I’m confident that things have improved for them. But adults? Screw ‘em.

None of this has anything to do with the reality that Cummings started this little p1ssing match himself. Trump did not randomly come out swinging at him. They are both acting like children and they both need to shut up and get back to work.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Cummings is the most racist politician I’ve seen. IMO/IME people of color are more racist than Caucasians.
They call us all racists if we support TRump.. this supporter originally was going to vote for Ben Carson and I read his books but he would have been decimated if he ever became president.

Democrats hate black Republicans and call them oreos.. ask Shirley Jackson Lee. Oreos are black on the outside and white on the inside.. they are the racists.. always looking at skin color even if they are black and Republican.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Whether you like Baltimore or not isn’t the point. Trump’s statement that there are bad areas in that city is not some astounding revelation. What exactly was the point of his statement, just a childish response to Cummings criticism of the border that accomplishes nothing.

Trump isn’t some political pundit.he is president and should act the part.
Cumming complaining yet he has big problems in his own district..Don't preach on something if you can't do it yourself.. biblical advice.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:44 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,382,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Actually, didn’t it start with Cummings criticizing Trump’s policy on the southern border? He said Homeland Security had an “empathy deficit”. I believe Cummings lobbed the first shot, and Trump responded by telling Cummings to take care of his own rat-infested backyard.
Cummings had a valid criticism. Instead of addressing the issue, Trump just goes personal. Why doesn't he stick to solving the problem?

Old 07-30-2019, 09:45 AM

720 posts, read 502,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
This isn't really about Baltimore, folks. The city and its people just got dragged into the news because Cummings is chairing the committee that is investigating Trump, and Trump is outraged at that. So he goes after Cummings in the childish bully-boy way he does - including his home district. Call it a distraction move, or more likely, a reptilian gut urge by Trump.

Let's not lose sight of that.

I agree, but I think that's also why it's silly to say this makes Trump a racist. If Elijah Cummings wasn't chairman of the Oversight committee, it's doubtful Trump would be going after him.

It's annoying how Democrats try to manipulate people, and it's even more annoying that so many people fall for it. We've seen this dance over and over:

- Person of color makes a point to criticize Trump (typically by saying he's a racist and/or calling for his impeachment)

- Trump, being Trump, is going to respond by criticizing that person and/or their district (usually via Twitter)
- Democrats and the media reports on his tweets (usually disassociated from the statement that prompted the response)
- Pundits claim his remarks are further evidence of his racism (because the person he's responding to is a person of color, as if Trump has anything to do with that)
- Trump doubles down on the merit of his comments to disprove the notion of racism
- Democrats and the media goes, "see?"

Old 07-30-2019, 09:50 AM

20,802 posts, read 8,628,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
This isn't really about Baltimore, folks. The city and its people just got dragged into the news because Cummings is chairing the committee that is investigating Trump, and Trump is outraged at that. So he goes after Cummings in the childish bully-boy way he does - including his home district. Call it a distraction move, or more likely, a reptilian gut urge by Trump.

Let's not lose sight of that.

You Loonies are so funny.

You mean Trump used this as an opportunity to expose Cummings and his wife's money laundering, er, charity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies