Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2019, 03:33 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The racial and ethnic divisions in America have existed for hundreds of years.

I would not bet on that going away anytime soon.
Yes - I agree. That will never change. But to say our nation has never been united is something I absolutely don’t agree with. I think that’s the view of a young person who hasn’t been around very long, and hasn’t seen a lot of the nation outside their own corner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 03:34 PM

21,939 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
It is a sad day in America when a majority of its people think the sitting US President is a racist.
I am guessing you might be young...too young to know that they have accused every GOP president of that since time began....they are only ramping it up now because Trump being successful (and he is by every metric) threatens their very existence. The only thing the Democrats stand for is their leaders getting rich off their taxpayers while their taxpayers get nothing.

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Then again, Democrats view everything as racism so who pays attention to the boy that cried wolf anymore.

nuff said.
I could say the same about Republicans claiming that the Democratic Party is "anti-White". The little boy crying wolf. It goes both ways.

By the way, how do you expect me to interpret this statement other than racist?

"Our great African American President hasn't exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore!"

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
"How is Trump saying Baltimore is a dump "racist""?

It's not. It's just that they left want you to believe it is. Don't believe the lie.

Old 07-30-2019, 03:35 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Yes - I agree. That will never change. But to say our nation has never been united is something I absolutely don’t agree with. I think that’s the view of a young person who hasn’t been around very long, and hasn’t seen a lot of the nation outside their own corner.
I can't think of a time when the USA was truly united. The closest I can think of(in terms of uniting around a common cause) is WWII, and even then there were alot of problems. Very often, it takes war to unite people.

Old 07-30-2019, 03:36 PM

21,939 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Cummings gave the HHS director Hell in a congressional hearing about the sub-human conditions in the detention centers that include not enough water to take showers. Tell me how that isn't right? If this was Iran doing this, you conservative would be saying it is a humanitarian crisis. Instead brown man bad...
Accidentally repped you.

#1 Saying the conditions are terrible at the detention centers is not true.
#2 Baltimore conditions, on the other hand...
#3 Has anyone checked how Cummings voted on the bill to send $$ to the border? I am guessing no.

#4 In my book, that makes him a liar and a hypocrite. Go ahead, tell me I am a racist now. Personally, we did fine under Barack Obama. I want to see everyone do well. And now under Trump, the majority are.

Old 07-30-2019, 03:37 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,421,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The racial and ethnic divisions in America have existed for hundreds of years.

I would not bet on that going away anytime soon.

Right, We live with it the best we can. Trump cant have that. He stirs the pot.

Old 07-30-2019, 03:39 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
Right, We live with it the best we can. Trump cant have that. He stirs the pot.

Many presidents have stirred the post, obama did it while looking at you smiling and say how great you are, all the while lying.....trump just tells you straight out, while stirring the pot....and lying....

Old 07-30-2019, 03:45 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I can't think of a time when the USA was truly united. The closest I can think of(in terms of uniting around a common cause) is WWII, and even then there were alot of problems. Very often, it takes war to unite people.
How old were you I wonder when we found the cure for polio? Landed the first man on the Moon? Experienced the attacks of 9/11? There have been so many moments good and bad in American history that have brought us together and unified us as one country.

I don’t know much about you, but what I do know is that you are young, have not traveled much, and subscribe to victim culture. I do NOT mean that as an insult; only that these are identifying traits that you have shared here that lead me to believe you don’t see unity in our country in part because you are terrified of getting out there and actually seeing it. I’ve personally seen you posting about cities you won’t visit (and haven’t even been to) because you are so afraid of violence. You see racism in places I don’t think you’ve ever even visited. You are online here at C-D a great deal, and have a corresponding large post count; how often do you actually get out and mingle with people? I sense that you are a loner who spends the majority of your time indoors and online. If I’m wrong I sincerely apologize.

Your life experience has colored you one way, my life experience has colored me another. I see beauty and love in every corner of this country. Doesn’t mean I don’t see the strife as well; it’s simply not as prevalent in my opinion as you believe it to be.

Old 07-30-2019, 03:49 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I could say the same about Republicans claiming that the Democratic Party is "anti-White". The little boy crying wolf. It goes both ways.

By the way, how do you expect me to interpret this statement other than racist?

"Our great African American President hasn't exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore!"
You have the right to interpret this statement however you like the same as I have the right to ignore the lefts constant claim of racism. See, the left overplayed the card and we ignore them now.

LOL, I hear even milk is racism.
https://www.google.com/search?q=milk...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies