Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2021, 10:10 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,646,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
He was too old. Thought he could have swung it competing against girls.
I saw that. Hubbard is older than I am. I’m no athlete but even if I was there is no way I could complete with someone in their teens or early twenties.
Moderators for US and World Forums
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2021, 10:13 AM

29,548 posts, read 22,880,504 times
I think it speaks volumes Hubbard doesn't even have widespread support among the LGBTQ community (not even the woke Hollyweird crowd). Jenner and Navratilova have both spoken out against Hubbard competing.

As far as this competition, Hubbard's lifts from the 2019 world weightlifting championships would have been good enough to get silver. Hubbard's lifts from last year's Roma World Cup would have been good enough for fifth place.

Supposedly the IOC is looking to revamp the rules regarding transgenders. I believe they are looking to make it even stricter.

Old 08-02-2021, 10:14 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,989,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I saw that. Hubbard is older than I am. I’m no athlete but even if I was there is no way I could complete with someone in their teens or early twenties.
Uhhhh....give me a decent 43 year old male power lifter. He would sweep the female divisions of the Olympics.

This particular male has just destroyed his own body and is a mental mess.

Old 08-02-2021, 10:25 AM

8,725 posts, read 7,452,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Uhhhh....give me a decent 43 year old male power lifter. He would sweep the female divisions of the Olympics.

This particular male has just destroyed his own body and is a mental mess.
My current deadlift, raw, exceeds the women's world record (USPA record, 90+kg), and of course blows away the women's master record (I am in my 40's), lol.

Old 08-02-2021, 12:58 PM

4,800 posts, read 3,328,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I think it speaks volumes Hubbard doesn't even have widespread support among the LGBTQ community (not even the woke Hollyweird crowd). Jenner and Navratilova have both spoken out against Hubbard competing.

As far as this competition, Hubbard's lifts from the 2019 world weightlifting championships would have been good enough to get silver. Hubbard's lifts from last year's Roma World Cup would have been good enough for fifth place.

Supposedly the IOC is looking to revamp the rules regarding transgenders. I believe they are looking to make it even stricter.
What the IOC wants is the "International Governing Body" for each individual sport design their own rules instead of the current blanket policy for every sport.

As far as trans females in sports, Jenner has flipped once again and now supports those that have transitioned through "Hormone Replacement Therapy". Navratilova as well.

Martina, along with Donna De Varona and Nancy Hogshed-Maker head up a working group of former élite female athletes called "Womens Sports Policy".
Not making recommendations at the international level, but they have affirmed current collegiate sports policies concerning trans athletes and recommend States adapt those policies into High School sports.
https://womenssportspolicy.org/about-us/

Old 08-02-2021, 01:54 PM

26,867 posts, read 22,734,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
And just like that, womens weightlifting will get destroyed.

As it should, because it looks dumb to begin with.

But I am yet to see any *transgender* pretending to be a "woman" to achieve something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhDUoSobx7k&t=574s

So there IS an essential difference after all.

Old 08-02-2021, 02:17 PM

26,666 posts, read 28,865,072 times
I heard a talk radio program from England last night and about 99% of the people calling in were opposed to men who changed into women competing with genuine women.

They also cited the fact that the Olympics allow a certain level of testosterone, up to 12, I think. Most women's testosterone levels are about 2 (I don't know what the units are.) That man-woman's levels were around 5, I think. So it's almost like being on steroids and is not fair.

We fought hard for women's rights and now we get this. Oh--liberals do not support this except maybe for the far gone ultra left.)

Old 08-02-2021, 03:17 PM

53,242 posts, read 35,008,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Whatever you believe about this controversial subject, all Americans should be very proud of this Lady!
why should we be proud of some dude from new zealand?

Old 08-02-2021, 09:27 PM

4,507 posts, read 1,765,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
As it should, because it looks dumb to begin with.

But I am yet to see any *transgender* pretending to be a "woman" to achieve something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhDUoSobx7k&t=574s

So there IS an essential difference after all.
Have you never watched figure skating?

Old 08-02-2021, 09:42 PM

29,548 posts, read 22,880,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
What the IOC wants is the "International Governing Body" for each individual sport design their own rules instead of the current blanket policy for every sport.

As far as trans females in sports, Jenner has flipped once again and now supports those that have transitioned through "Hormone Replacement Therapy". Navratilova as well.

Martina, along with Donna De Varona and Nancy Hogshed-Maker head up a working group of former élite female athletes called "Womens Sports Policy".
Not making recommendations at the international level, but they have affirmed current collegiate sports policies concerning trans athletes and recommend States adapt those policies into High School sports.
https://womenssportspolicy.org/about-us/
It looks like the IOC is preparing some framework, whatever that entails, for the various sports organizations to maybe abide by. Should be coming out in a few months. It seems like they are going to revamp the testosterone guidelines, since apparently testosterone levels don't seem to confer an advantage compared to being a male post-puberty (before transitioning).

In watching some clips I do think Hubbard deliberately bombed out. For what reason I'm not sure. Perhaps he finally felt awkward and embarrassed at the circus atmosphere and just wanted to get the hell out of there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnO8IIGYV-Q
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies