Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2021, 12:48 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,117,655 times

Advertisements

I think I have figured out how the "progressives" are going to use this entire thing.

The weightlifter is going to bomb out at Tokyo in the coming days and weeks.

And "progressives" are going to say "see, we told you that transsexuals don't have an advantage", then, after this Hubbard person has cracked that door open just a little bit, they will kick the door open in the coming Olympic Games....

Yeah, that's how I see it playing out. The wokes on Facebook are basically saying as much ("'she' isn't guaranteed to win Gold...") and all that.

Yeah, I bet Hubbard has gotten orders from people that are pulling all the global strings to basically don't win Gold, but just to crack that door open so they can bulldoze it down going forward.

That's the conspiracy theorist in me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2021, 12:58 PM

78,779 posts, read 60,963,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I think I have figured out how the "progressives" are going to use this entire thing.

The weightlifter is going to bomb out at Tokyo in the coming days and weeks.

And "progressives" are going to say "see, we told you that transsexuals don't have an advantage", then, after this Hubbard person has cracked that door open just a little bit, they will kick the door open in the coming Olympic Games....

Yeah, that's how I see it playing out. The wokes on Facebook are basically saying as much ("'she' isn't guaranteed to win Gold...") and all that.

Yeah, I bet Hubbard has gotten orders from people that are pulling all the global strings to basically don't win Gold, but just to crack that door open so they can bulldoze it down going forward.

That's the conspiracy theorist in me.
I think I posted this a long time ago to the thread that they are unlikely to medal and are nowhere near the top. After all, they're way older than peak performance and didn't train for like 15 years or so. Anyone curious can compare their lifts to the recent records.

Seriously, this one is like a finger trap puzzle, stop fighting it and wasting energy. Just sit back, pass the popcorn and wait until countries start exploiting this heavily and watch the woke eat the woke. Gonna be an epic battle between the L and the T of that acronym, let them sort it out.

Old 07-20-2021, 01:09 PM

43,456 posts, read 18,562,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
When did corporate America get so 'woke'?

If no women (the real kind) speak out in opposition to delusional trans ideology, despite the consequences, then tacit approval of censorious and punitive policies will not only persist, but get worse.
And we will deserve what such cowardice allows.
None of them are. Trans are taking over in many "feminine" areas and not a word is being said.
Now they get to live back in the shadows again while "men who think they are women" take their place.

Old 07-20-2021, 02:41 PM

10,039 posts, read 5,751,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I think I posted this a long time ago to the thread that they are unlikely to medal and are nowhere near the top. After all, they're way older than peak performance and didn't train for like 15 years or so. Anyone curious can compare their lifts to the recent records.

Seriously, this one is like a finger trap puzzle, stop fighting it and wasting energy. Just sit back, pass the popcorn and wait until countries start exploiting this heavily and watch the woke eat the woke. Gonna be an epic battle between the L and the T of that acronym, let them sort it out.
Except we're past the point of novelty acts like this clown and moved on to the point where men now have the right to walk in and swing their d*#ks around in women's spaces, and when the women complain about it they're denounced as bigots.

Old 07-20-2021, 02:42 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,117,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

I guess we'll have to see. I've seen few feminists speak out against it. Maybe they will hit a breaking point eventually though.

Old 07-20-2021, 02:45 PM

38,326 posts, read 22,331,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Laurel Hubbard was born a man and was into weightlifting without much success. However, in her 30s she transitioned to being a woman and now at 41 is dominating women's weightlifting competitions. She just won 2 Golds and a Silver medal in her 3 events including beating out the strongest woman from the most recent commonwealth games.

An organization called "Speak up for women" is arguing that people born as men should not be allowed to compete as women, while others are saying that speak up for women is being discriminatory and hurtful.

Should Laurel Hubbard be allowed to compete in the Olympics with the women?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...cid=spartanntp
Translation - non-birthing person going to win the birthing person's weightlifting competition.

Old 07-20-2021, 02:52 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,798,242 times
At the moment I'm not a proponent of trans-type competing against their natural female born competitors.

Body mechanics and memory can not be easily manipulated by a snip here nor there..obviously homosapiens are not dogs.

Old 07-20-2021, 02:55 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,798,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
The society has. That she should be treated as a woman in every aspect of life. In the end it doesn't matter if Serena Williams or someone is more physically special wins a gold medal.
Certainly it matters a great deal as Serena Williams would be a natural born woman.

Old 07-30-2021, 10:14 PM

29,535 posts, read 22,805,676 times
A transgender weightlifter will make history at the Olympics. Is her inclusion fair?

Quote:
On Aug. 2, New Zealand weightlifter Laurel Hubbard will become the first openly transgender athlete to compete in an Olympic Games.

Her involvement in these Games has been controversial ever since Hubbard began lifting in women’s international competitions in 2017.

Here is what you need to know about the 43-year-old, her inclusion in the Olympics, the transgender athlete policies that allow her to compete, and the science that does or doesn’t support them.

Old 07-30-2021, 10:23 PM

26,639 posts, read 15,195,538 times
I hope 20 years from now 90%+ of the US Women's National Soccer team are transgender.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies