Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 08:24 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
This is nuts. Do you honestly think that wearing Harley-Davidson, Cat Diesel Power, Peterbilt, Kenworth, or Chevrolet/Ford/Honda gear is going to get anybody beat up?

This thread was started on the issue of somebody wearing a MAGA hat who got beat up. I stated that that should not have happened, and that if people don't want it to happen in the future, just don't wear clothing that advertises your political stance. Wear something else. I gave examples.

So wear your MAGA hats, and fight Lib-Tards, fight Antifa, fight whoever. I don't care. Just know that if you do not advertise your politics, nobody will be inviting you to a fight.
Victim blaming. Awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
But President Obama did not say racist things, and did not inspire hatred and division in the country.

How is this hard to understand in 2019?
Actually, he did. Ask any family member of law enforcement how his words impacted the hatred towards them.

Old 08-02-2019, 08:27 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
This is nuts. Do you honestly think that wearing Harley-Davidson, Cat Diesel Power, Peterbilt, Kenworth, or Chevrolet/Ford/Honda gear is going to get anybody beat up?

This thread was started on the issue of somebody wearing a MAGA hat who got beat up. I stated that that should not have happened, and that if people don't want it to happen in the future, just don't wear clothing that advertises your political stance. Wear something else. I gave examples.

So wear your MAGA hats, and fight Lib-Tards, fight Antifa, fight whoever. I don't care. Just know that if you do not advertise your politics, nobody will be inviting you to a fight.
serves her right for wearing that short skirt, huh?

Old 08-02-2019, 08:28 AM

Funny how both recent attacks by crazed leftist terrorist were perpetrated on minorities. And they left is supposed to be inclusive, right?

Old 08-02-2019, 08:30 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
Kentucky Man Punches Anti-Trump Protester Several Times in the Face, Crowd Chants 'Lock Him Up'

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-ohio-...innati-1452260

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Funny how both recent attacks by crazed leftist terrorist were perpetrated on minorities. And they left is supposed to be inclusive, right?
right?

where are their usual bleats of 'racism!!' ?

seems odd.

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
It is almost at this point that one should not bother wearing a MAGA hat with incidents like these.
Yeah or dressing or acting non-hetero or putting a pride sticker on your car or wearing religious garb (Jewish etc.) or wearing something sexy if you're a good looking woman. Heck, maybe some races shouldn't go into other neighborhoods that is predominantly another race and should stick to their own areas too?

Just prudent behaviors people should follow to ensure they don't get beaten\raped\etc. by others huh?

Does what I just wrote sound like how we should react to violence and intimidation in the USA?

Not really. I think at this point if you're going to wear a MAGA hat or hold hands with your girlfriend on the bus or wear your hijab to the market or you're a young lady that jogs in the park alone that if there are lots of morons in your area that instead of curbing your life you should instead taser\pepper spray or if push comes to shove shoot the attackers in the face.

Old 08-02-2019, 08:34 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
What is wrong with these nuts who keep claiming Trump is inciting violence while they beat the hell out of people for no reason.

Oh, perhaps they're talking about being triggered themselves.

Old 08-02-2019, 08:36 AM

16,600 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
I agree with those who say that the man should not be beaten up for wearing a MAGA cap. It is his right to do so.

That said, why do people insist on displaying their politics on their clothing? Display your sports allegiance, display your workplace, display your like of motorcycles or heavy equipment or automotive brands, but if you don't want to run afoul of either side of the political divide (and people on both sides who are looking to beat somebody up), then keep your politics off your clothing. And when you vote, vote however you like.

Don't wear a MAGA cap, and you can still vote for Trump. It's that easy.
Same philosophy, just packaged differently.

Why do you think the typical person has political bumper stickers, yard signs, hats and the like?
Even though I never have any of those things by choice, I suspect the reason most people that do is because they want others to see it, and maybe be influenced to vote the same.
The irony is MAGA hats do not even have Trumps name on them, and the saying Make America Great Again is a positive message regardless of what politician or party uses it.
Trump is not the first to adopt the saying, and undoubtedly will not be the last into the future.

Regardless, don't imply that the leftist are the same as the conservatives when it comes to attacking people. So few liberals have been attacked, you have people trying to create false flags like Smolett saying he was attacked.

Either side can have punks or violent nuts, but the majority of political attacks are against people with Trump/Republican road signs, bumper stickers, apparel, etc.

`

Old 08-02-2019, 08:37 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
right?

where are their usual bleats of 'racism!!' ?

seems odd.
LOL, was this man attacked because of the color of his skin? No, he was attacked for a political belief. Yes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies