Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 08:30 PM

305 posts, read 213,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
Don't exaggerate the contribution of "others" while downplaying the fact that the western/European world has produced the free-est, most egalitarian and most minority-friendly and accepting societies on the planet, and you won't receive the pushback you see from caucasians tired of being cast as the world's biggest racists.

I mean, empirically, white-majority societies are the best places for minorities. Brown and black majority societies are awful for minorities in their midst. So if you're going to have a problem as a minority in the west, you need to stop casting it as a problem of "whiteness," since clearly your "own people" haven't managed to even get to the same level of progress yet.

In other words, you can have your say on how bad or how "not special" Europe/Western civilization is when places that have majorities that look like whatever minority you are produce outcomes for minorities in THEIR societies that are a FRACTION as positive and progressive as that of the western world.

Otherwise, the failure of replication of positive outcomes for minorities in other parts of the world belies any special contribution "non-whiteness" has to European/western civilization development. If white folks were the demons your lot cast them as, then minorities in the west would be treated like minorities everywhere else in the world.
In all honesty, I wonder why this even has to be explained. It's absurd how the obvious has become so distorted and twisted by the Frankfurt school of thinking. Gimme Occam's razor any day. Sometimes I feel that most sensible, free-thinking human beings have been gaslighted by the leftist oppression industry to believe that 2+2=7. Really, what planet am I living on?

Any honest person will look around and see that western democracies are fundamentally aspirational and inspirational for the individual looking to improve her life. The immigration trends buttress that tenfold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2019, 09:42 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boddicker View Post
In all honesty, I wonder why this even has to be explained. It's absurd how the obvious has become so distorted and twisted by the Frankfurt school of thinking. Gimme Occam's razor any day. Sometimes I feel that most sensible, free-thinking human beings have been gaslighted by the leftist oppression industry to believe that 2+2=7. Really, what planet am I living on?

Any honest person will look around and see that western democracies are fundamentally aspirational and inspirational for the individual looking to improve her life. The immigration trends buttress that tenfold.
First the leftist critical theorist say to be racist is the least ethical thing to be because were all equal. Then they go on to explain ad nauseum how one race the white race and their culture is morally and ethically inferior to the other races.

Old 08-24-2019, 10:15 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Yes, the Left has made only one form of "pride" = "hate".

The left completely fine with other ethnicities/races all taking credit for their ancestors' achievements, but god forbid a Caucasian does it.

They'd rather us all to feel collective guilt for the sins of a few.

And they are madder than he-- that we have had enough of it.
Naw. The problem is that you want to be praised unconditionally and be patted on the back. But anything that's a bit more balanced, and tells the real truth - you define as hate.

Can't help you with your neediness.

Old 08-24-2019, 11:06 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,253,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Naw. The problem is that you want to be praised unconditionally and be patted on the back. But anything that's a bit more balanced, and tells the real truth - you define as hate.

Can't help you with your neediness.
I'm sorry but your tone and personal attacks just make you look petty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies