U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-14-2019, 09:11 AM
 
14,542 posts, read 6,649,041 times
Reputation: 14784

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post

Oh give me a break. Whenever some people have nothing to say to defend their leader they go right back to Obama. Newsflash Obama isn't president anymore nor will he be again. How do you defend Trumps immoral behavior & why does he get a pass from far right evangelicals?
It really is such a lazy deflection, no thought process whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-14-2019, 09:46 AM
 
38,335 posts, read 16,639,904 times
Reputation: 8726
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post

Oh give me a break. Whenever some people have nothing to say to defend their leader they go right back to Obama. Newsflash Obama isn't president anymore nor will he be again. How do you defend Trumps immoral behavior & why does he get a pass from far right evangelicals?
Why does the left ALWAYS WANT TO ignore HISTORY WHEN IT IS BAD FOR THEM BUT, HAVE no PROBLEM using history against repubs, like going back to when repubs were in grade school being "bullies", etc.?

Heck, we still hear about Reagan and W. Bush from many on the left but when we bring up obama and the clinton's who STILL appear in TODAY'S news and it is a no-no.

The word HYPOCRITE comes to mind.


If I were A dem I wouldn't want people talking about them either!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2019, 10:09 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
72,908 posts, read 84,985,474 times
Reputation: 42934
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Using the Lord’s name in vain’
Evangelicals chafe at Trump’s blasphemy.

A Trump-supporting West Virginia state senator who represents many evangelicals got three phone calls from constituents complaining about Trump’s profanity after a recent rally.

Paul Hardesty didn’t pay much attention to President Donald Trump’s campaign rally in Greenville, N.C., last month until a third concerned constituent rang his cellphone.

The residents of Hardesty’s district — he’s a Trump-supporting West Virginia state senator — were calling to complain that Trump was “using the Lord’s name in vain,” Hardesty recounted.

The third phone call is when I actually went and watched his speech because each of them sounded distraught,” Hardesty, who describes himself as a conservative Democrat, said.

Here’s what he would have seen: Trump crowing, “They'll be hit so goddamn hard,” while bragging about bombing Islamic State militants. And Trump recounting his warning to a wealthy businessman: “If you don't support me, you're going to be so goddamn poor.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...fanity-1456178


Trump has always been good when it comes to putting his foot in his mouth. Things like this could be his start of downward spiraling.
If it hasn't caused a downward spiral yet what makes you think it will? Most of us (99%) do not like his language or his attitude to be honest, but we will still support him as he is doing his best to fulfill his promises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2019, 10:38 AM
 
Location: In the desert
2,806 posts, read 2,014,595 times
Reputation: 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Why does the left ALWAYS WANT TO ignore HISTORY WHEN IT IS BAD FOR THEM BUT, HAVE no PROBLEM using history against repubs, like going back to when repubs were in grade school being "bullies", etc.?

Heck, we still hear about Reagan and W. Bush from many on the left but when we bring up obama and the clinton's who STILL appear in TODAY'S news and it is a no-no.

The word HYPOCRITE comes to mind.


If I were A dem I wouldn't want people talking about them either!
Except I am not now nor have I ever been a Dem. The word "assume" comes to mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2019, 10:41 AM
 
Location: In the desert
2,806 posts, read 2,014,595 times
Reputation: 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
If it hasn't caused a downward spiral yet what makes you think it will? Most of us (99%) do not like his language or his attitude to be honest, but we will still support him as he is doing his best to fulfill his promises.
The promise to build the wall? Cheaper better heath care? infrastructure? Please name exactly what promises he has fulfilled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2019, 11:05 AM
 
Location: Rutherfordton,NC
15,417 posts, read 9,441,805 times
Reputation: 10236
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
If it hasn't caused a downward spiral yet what makes you think it will? Most of us (99%) do not like his language or his attitude to be honest, but we will still support him as he is doing his best to fulfill his promises.
At some point you would think those that voted for him would start to realize that he’s not the savior they believe him to be. Same with those who voted for Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2019, 11:53 AM
 
3,376 posts, read 1,933,217 times
Reputation: 1872
This doesn't surprise me in the least. A lot of Christians are hypocrites which is a big reason why I'm anti-religion.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post

Oh give me a break. Whenever some people have nothing to say to defend their leader they go right back to Obama. Newsflash Obama isn't president anymore nor will he be again. How do you defend Trumps immoral behavior & why does he get a pass from far right evangelicals?

It's because they know he's the worst president we've ever had so that's why they resort to deflection. It's all they got.




Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
At some point you would think those that voted for him would start to realize that he’s not the savior they believe him to be. Same with those who voted for Obama.
Some of them most likely do. They just won't admit to it as I said up there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2019, 12:02 PM
 
Location: Online
651 posts, read 231,675 times
Reputation: 570
LOL! That is their big complaint? "Goddamn"? And they're fine with all the other "fine" things he does?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2019, 12:33 PM
 
5,780 posts, read 1,162,262 times
Reputation: 2281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Any of the religious hypocrites who have supported this clown just because they think he will help them get abortion banned deserve exactly what they support.


What kind of a Christian person rails against homosexuality, immigrants, women and minorities? What ever happened to accepting all peoples, regardless of their background? Isn't that a basic tenet of Christianity? Do unto others...???


The dotard is the worst violator of everything Christianity supposedly stands for, and yet the god-fearing seem to still support him. With that goes not only the label of not being Christian at all, but worse yet, supporting a person who violates nearly every decent and moral behavior imaginable.


And now they want to complain because he takes the name of their god in vain?


Sorry, this is what you support. Deal with it.
The "I don't agree with your lifestyle but will treat you well as a person" or the "hate the sin but love the sinner" set-up can be tricky because you might be deemed what many would call homo-/bi-/transphobic. If conservatives are to adhere to the quoted points I mentioned, then perhaps liberals should not be so quick to use those -phobe cards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2019, 12:48 PM
 
38,335 posts, read 16,639,904 times
Reputation: 8726
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Using the Lord’s name in vain’
Evangelicals chafe at Trump’s blasphemy.

A Trump-supporting West Virginia state senator who represents many evangelicals got three phone calls from constituents complaining about Trump’s profanity after a recent rally.

Paul Hardesty didn’t pay much attention to President Donald Trump’s campaign rally in Greenville, N.C., last month until a third concerned constituent rang his cellphone.

The residents of Hardesty’s district — he’s a Trump-supporting West Virginia state senator — were calling to complain that Trump was “using the Lord’s name in vain,” Hardesty recounted.

The third phone call is when I actually went and watched his speech because each of them sounded distraught,” Hardesty, who describes himself as a conservative Democrat, said.

Here’s what he would have seen: Trump crowing, “They'll be hit so goddamn hard,” while bragging about bombing Islamic State militants. And Trump recounting his warning to a wealthy businessman: “If you don't support me, you're going to be so goddamn poor.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...fanity-1456178


Trump has always been good when it comes to putting his foot in his mouth. Things like this could be his start of downward spiraling.
I thought the left SUPPORTED Freedom of Speach. Guess not!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top