Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 02:08 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
And under what authority or with what force can you or I accomplish such a herculean goal? The inmates run the asylum, brother.

I know it gets tiresome for you folks to hear us anarchists go on and on about no government but it's basic psychology. Think of your kids or young relatives...if you have/had either. You play a pretend game with them where you place authority in their decisions and go along with their fantasy. I use my one young nephew as an example as he likes to play Batman and Superman. At some point I have to shut the game down (exercise authority) because we can't jump off the roof and fly or do some other daring stunt.

Now the kid is 7 and he puts up a fight for a bit but I obviously don't give in cuz...well...I'd be dead.

You play pretend by having a government, with full authority, and expect them to listen to you? I mean...damn guys. That's the height of naivete. They have your money. They have a monopoly of force. You've already clearly illustrated that you accept their claim on your life as higher than your own. They have no reason or incentive to listen to you.

None.

Zero.

Zilch.

I can outsmart a 7-year-old (though it's tougher now than when he was younger) but to think I'm going to be able to win the pretend game with the beast who has all the money and force at his disposal is just absurd.

Don't play the game!!!
So, since you anarchists will never accomplish your goal, I assume you just go along with the program without complaint?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 02:24 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, since you anarchists will never accomplish your goal, I assume you just go along with the program without complaint?
We don't have a "goal".

We aren't "ends" people. Statists are.

We are "means" people (principled).

There is no moral and/or logical justification for the paradigm of the State. Convenience and acceptance of collateral damage isn't an option. That's all we are saying. I'm not happy about the fact that a human's default setting is poverty either but I don't run this show. God, Buddha, Bugs Bunny, science...take your pick...does. The only thing I know is that the paradigm of the State doesn't run it. That's for damn sure.

Old 08-21-2019, 02:25 PM

Quote:
We don't have a "goal".

We aren't "ends" people. Statists are.

We are "means" people (principled).

There is no moral and/or logical justification for the paradigm of the State. Convenience and acceptance of collateral damage isn't an option. That's all we are saying. I'm not happy about the fact that a human's default setting is poverty either but I don't run this show. God, Buddha, Bugs Bunny, science...take your pick...does. The only thing I know is that the paradigm of the State doesn't run it. That's for damn sure.
So anarchists just go along with the status quo.

Old 08-21-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
So anarchists just go along with the status quo.
What do you want us to do? I'm confused.

Old 08-21-2019, 02:35 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
The easiest thing in the world to do is just sit around and say: "the government sucks, taxes are theft, everyone is stupid except me, I have all the answers."

And then provide no answers..other than make taxes illegal and abolish government. I could get those answers form a five year old. They will also tell me that Cocoa Puffs are good for you.

Old 08-21-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
What do you want us to do? I'm confused.
I'm just asking if, as an anarchist, you have no desire to change how the government works?

Old 08-21-2019, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
The easiest thing in the world to do is just sit around and say: "the government sucks, taxes are theft, everyone is stupid except me, I have all the answers."

And then provide no answers..other than make taxes illegal and abolish government. I could get those answers form a five year old. They will also tell me that Cocoa Puffs are good for you.
The easiest thing in the world to do is just sit around and say: "everyone should have equal outcomes, rich people are evil, everyone is stupid except me, I have all the answers."

And then provide no answers..other than open the boarders and raise taxes. I could get those answers form a five year old. They will also tell me that Cocoa Puffs are good for you.

Old 08-21-2019, 02:39 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Cons only care about fiscal responsibility when a Dem is in office.
There used to be a genuine philosophical difference here. But it is like the parties did a flip. But the GOP eventually got on board with deficit increases when not in power as a re-election strategy.

Old 08-21-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
I'm just asking if, as an anarchist, you have no desire to change how the government works?
Of course not. It has no moral or logical right to exist.

Old 08-21-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
There used to be a genuine philosophical difference here. But it is like the parties did a flip. But the GOP eventually got on board with deficit increases when not in power as a re-election strategy.
BOOM!

Here's the article that sums it all up.

https://thinkprogress.org/23-senate-...-0400781e18c0/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies