U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-21-2019, 06:49 PM
 
37,606 posts, read 16,646,406 times
Reputation: 10187

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
He's distracting from the negative economy. The news got out about him wanting to cut payroll taxes due to a tanking economy. And also other things related to the economy tanking.

He needed to switch the top news story away from the economy. And away from him caving to the NRA.

First he starts the Greenland story. Now birthright citizenship. Both just distractions. He's very good at creating top news stories and the press focuses all their energy on the story that he created as a distraction.
Can I borrow that crystal ball you have that tells you personally what other people's motives and thoughts are? I need the winning lottery numbers for Saturday night.

Trump has talked about birthright citizenship before. This isn't the first time. Try again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-21-2019, 06:49 PM
 
13,022 posts, read 4,014,733 times
Reputation: 3907
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
I agree and think this is a wonderful idea. But we know why itíll be an uphill battle. Too many future Dems on the line right out of the womb.
I just want Trump to act on ending birthright citizenship. If not him and not now, then who and when?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2019, 06:55 PM
 
925 posts, read 453,591 times
Reputation: 896
Supreme Court has already spoken. United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 1898

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/169/649

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...._Wong_Kim_Ark
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2019, 06:55 PM
 
34,607 posts, read 18,806,014 times
Reputation: 7696
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
He's distracting from the negative economy. The news got out about him wanting to cut payroll taxes due to a tanking economy. And also other things related to the economy tanking.

He needed to switch the top news story away from the economy. And away from him caving to the NRA.

First he starts the Greenland story. Now birthright citizenship. Both just distractions. He's very good at creating top news stories and the press focuses all their energy on the story that he created as a distraction.

This is funny....


You are repeating the leftist play book, are you mad? Why? Don't like your own medicine used against you?





Let me help you.....collusion (damn did not work)....oh oh ohhhhhh, RACIST....yea, he is a racist.....run with that.....and who know how many others "distractions" are in between collusion and racist from the left/liberals....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2019, 06:56 PM
 
37,606 posts, read 16,646,406 times
Reputation: 10187
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I just want Trump to act on ending birthright citizenship. If not him and not now, then who and when?
As do I. This making a mockery out of our citizenship should never have been allowed to happen. What's wrong with the Supreme Court that has been ignoring the wording of the 14th Amendment for so long? They are supposed to uphold the Constitution not make a PC policy out of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2019, 06:58 PM
 
37,606 posts, read 16,646,406 times
Reputation: 10187
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Supreme Court has already spoken. United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 1898

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/169/649

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...._Wong_Kim_Ark
Nope! For the umpteenth time that case was about legally domiciled parents giving birth on our soil. They weren't illegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2019, 06:58 PM
 
13,022 posts, read 4,014,733 times
Reputation: 3907
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Supreme Court has already spoken. United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 1898

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/169/649

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...._Wong_Kim_Ark
Wrong, Wong's parents were not illegal aliens at the time of his birth in the US.

Besides, the supreme court once said segregation is constitutional. So who cares what the supreme court ruled 120 years ago anyway? The supreme court has reversed itself before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2019, 07:01 PM
 
13,022 posts, read 4,014,733 times
Reputation: 3907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
As do I. This making a mockery out of our citizenship should never have been allowed to happen. What's wrong with the Supreme Court that has been ignoring the wording of the 14th Amendment for so long? They are supposed to uphold the Constitution not make a PC policy out of it.
I don't understand it either. It's making America into a fake, illegitimate country made up of fake and illegitimate citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2019, 07:50 PM
 
835 posts, read 1,531,222 times
Reputation: 1239
I hope President Trump is serious about eliminating birthright citizenship. It should have been eliminated ages ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2019, 08:02 PM
 
377 posts, read 41,457 times
Reputation: 188
I hope this is eliminated as well, but we probably should push for an amendment since there is really not anything Trump can do with an EO.

We should define birthright citizenship to legal residents. No more tourists or illegal residents. Babies born to parents in limbo (like asylum seekers), will get their citizenship if their mother's asylum status is granted.

The idea that you get American citizenship based on the latitude and longitude of your mother's p*ssy is one of the dumbest things I can think of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top