Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 04:49 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I don't know what this means.
So if a baby doesn't want to take a bath or be put in a crib (jail) the parent has no right to do that?

Since you have moved the definition of consent to anything that is not spoken I guess I can trespass on your property, punch your kid, and borrow your motor cycle since no one has told me not to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 05:48 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,021,788 times
Quote:
I don't know what this means.
Toddlers need to be stopped from running in front of cars and sticking their fingers in light sockets. Distraction is great - but sometimes you just have to use force. Babies need to be bathed, vaccinated and examined by doctors whether said babies happen to be in the mood or not. Children cannot be allowed to pull heavy display cases in stores down on top of their heads. That’s just basic survival. Just the bare minimum.

Old 09-08-2019, 06:48 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forum_browser View Post
Toddlers need to be stopped from running in front of cars and sticking their fingers in light sockets. Distraction is great - but sometimes you just have to use force. Babies need to be bathed, vaccinated and examined by doctors whether said babies happen to be in the mood or not. Children cannot be allowed to pull heavy display cases in stores down on top of their heads. That’s just basic survival. Just the bare minimum.
You don't have to use force, regardless of who is deciding what force is, to achieve those things.

As I said, there is a big non-violent parenting movement within the anarchy community. You guys should check it out or I can give the info directly.

In any event, freedom would require the hardest work humans have ever undertaken. For far too long the government has been taking care of its pets from cradle to grave. Inconvenience, laziness, and emotion are not valid reasons to violate the natural rights of individuals. Unfortunately nearly all people believe the opposite there.

Old 09-08-2019, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
So if a baby doesn't want to take a bath or be put in a crib (jail) the parent has no right to do that?

Since you have moved the definition of consent to anything that is not spoken I guess I can trespass on your property, punch your kid, and borrow your motor cycle since no one has told me not to.
I'm honestly convinced that you've never been around babies or other adults at this point. I mean...how many times do I have to say this?

You can't assert the claim on the baby's rights for the baby or for yourself. If you believe your neighbor is putting down their baby for bed without its permission you're just going to have to ask the parents to stop. I mean...good luck.

I have not moved the definition of consent to anything that is not spoken. If you trespass on my property I will assert my rights and attempt to kill you. Or maybe I'll just sit there. It's my mind, body, and soul. I'll do what I want with it without violating the rights of others.

You guys are assigning motives and claims on individuals and you simply have no right to do that. Not only that, how in the world do you know you're right?

Old 09-08-2019, 07:03 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
You don't have to use force, regardless of who is deciding what force is, to achieve those things.

As I said, there is a big non-violent parenting movement within the anarchy community. You guys should check it out or I can give the info directly.

In any event, freedom would require the hardest work humans have ever undertaken. For far too long the government has been taking care of its pets from cradle to grave. Inconvenience, laziness, and emotion are not valid reasons to violate the natural rights of individuals. Unfortunately nearly all people believe the opposite there.

Old 09-08-2019, 07:30 PM

Quote:
I'm honestly convinced that you've never been around babies or other adults at this point. I mean...how many times do I have to say this?

You can't assert the claim on the baby's rights for the baby or for yourself. If you believe your neighbor is putting down their baby for bed without its permission you're just going to have to ask the parents to stop. I mean...good luck.

I have not moved the definition of consent to anything that is not spoken. If you trespass on my property I will assert my rights and attempt to kill you. Or maybe I'll just sit there. It's my mind, body, and soul. I'll do what I want with it without violating the rights of others.

You guys are assigning motives and claims on individuals and you simply have no right to do that. Not only that, how in the world do you know you're right?
You're the one who said consent is assumed until denied. What right do you have to shoot someone on your property when consent is assumed?

Babies locked in a crib without the babies permission is fine because consent is assumed. That is what you said.

Old 09-08-2019, 07:41 PM

Quote:
You're the one who said consent is assumed until denied. What right do you have to shoot someone on your property when consent is assumed?

Babies locked in a crib without the babies permission is fine because consent is assumed. That is what you said.
What in the world are you talking about?

I said no such thing.

I said you cannot claim the right of consent or denial for another individual. That is what makes this whole argument moot. If you could, that would mean you have a higher claim on the right of the individual than the individual itself does.

How many times can I say this?

Old 09-08-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:

I said no such thing.

I said you cannot claim the right of consent or denial for another individual. That is what makes this whole argument moot. If you could, that would mean you have a higher claim on the right of the individual than the individual itself does.

So then what right do you have to act if you don't know they consent or not?

If you don't know a baby wants to be locked away in a crib then what right do you have to act?

Old 09-08-2019, 08:52 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:

I said no such thing.

Quote:
So then what right do you have to act if you don't know they consent or not?

If you don't know a baby wants to be locked away in a crib then what right do you have to act?
"you cannot claim the right of consent or denial for another individual"

Will It Go Round In Circles

Old 09-08-2019, 09:07 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,784,951 times
If a state cannot claim a citizen at birth, then what gives parents the right to claim their own child at birth. I can not find a sufficient answer to this question anywhere in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies