Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2021, 01:14 PM

8,531 posts, read 3,387,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
... The likelihood is high that the WAY the virus came in to the population was via test subjects who were exposed to a vaccine derived virus. We are trying to vaccinate against a vaccine-derived virus. I only see things getting worse after the initial 'honeymoon phase' of vaccines; this brief relief from high case rates. I'm worried about October & I'd rather take my chances without the vaccine.
I've yet to become interested in how the virus originated but seeing all the recent headlines on investigations probably will start to read some articles. Like you, I hope that cases remain low this fall.

Old 05-27-2021, 01:14 PM

7,253 posts, read 4,820,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Scientists are continuing to work on covid vaccines, developing new approaches. Not ending jabs. The Atlantic article you cited says nothing that's relevant to your lead sentence: Spike protein injections mean unintended future consequences. They bind tighter to the brain and reproductive organs than the spikes from the disease itself.

That's YOUR thought. The jist of the Atlantic article is that scientists are concerned the virus could mutate in ways that the spike alone can't handle and that spike-centric vaccines will become obsolete. Even so ...

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/...-covid/618954/

Interestingly the article goes on to talk about how second generation vaccines might better utilize the T-cell defenses that were also discussed in new studies out this week measuring the impact vaccination has on those previously infected.
The first sentence was not meant to imply that it came from the article.
These are unprecedented circumstances we're living through, and the vaccines are not even FDA approved. Already they're working on alternative vaccines. Not comforting.

Old 05-27-2021, 01:21 PM

16,016 posts, read 6,712,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It helps that they stopped counting the reinfections.

Shocking how numbers drop when you stop counting.
Ever heard of statistical sampling? You don't have to test the entire population to determine the rate of spread.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampling_(statistics)

The point of the widespread testing was for contact tracing, which is an entirely different goal.

Old 05-27-2021, 01:23 PM

43,771 posts, read 18,790,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
0.01% of Americans were infected with COVID19 back in March. Give it time, that number will rise.
The number may rise but no one is counting and reporting. After 10,000 got reinfected the CDC decided not to count anymore.

Only if you get hospitalized and/or die will they count you.

Old 05-27-2021, 01:24 PM

962 posts, read 545,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
It's a big, very big experiment, but not over yet. They're still collecting data on you. Let's check back in a few years, before being too cocky.
Let's check back in a few years and see how those who caught COVID are doing.

See? I can speculate baselessly too! The vaccine is safe. The sample size is astronomical. The evidence is clear.

Old 05-27-2021, 01:25 PM

8,531 posts, read 3,387,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
The first sentence was not meant to imply that it came from the article.
These are unprecedented circumstances we're living through, and the vaccines are not even FDA approved. Already they're working on alternative vaccines. Not comforting.
Got it: scientists are working on ending experimental jabs so they can come up with new experimental jabs, as described by Atlantic. I'm not immune (bad pun that) to appreciating that "newness" is a cause for concern. I suppose at some point everyone has to take their chances: new unpredictable virus or new vaccines.

That's uncomfortable either way and I guess it's a part of what living with a pandemic means. Personally I have more faith in an American scientific process than whatever this virus is or where it came from. So I never tested myself against the virus. But I have vaccinated.

Old 05-27-2021, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_thunder View Post
Let's check back in a few years and see how those who caught COVID are doing.

See? I can speculate baselessly too! The vaccine is safe. The sample size is astronomical. The evidence is clear.
The vaccine has 0 long term data. The vaccine hasn't been approved yet.

Old 05-27-2021, 01:30 PM

962 posts, read 545,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
While this is great, it doesn't apply to all groups of people. For instance, my friends with kidney or other organ transplants are reporting that their transplant teams find that anti-rejection drugs make the vaccine fairly ineffective for them. My oncologist is concerned that vaccines are less effective for people with my type of blood cancer, though that's currently being studied. I have been recommended to switch to wearing N95s in settings with unvaccinated people, though we still have a mask mandate here until tomorrow.

Anti-rejection drugs are strong immunosuppressants. Organ recipients need strong immunosuppressants, otherwise their immune systems would attack and reject new organs. So it isn't really surprising if the vaccines don't work on organ recipients, their immune systems are completely shot. But people in this category are probably always at an elevated risk, pandemic or not.

Old 05-27-2021, 01:30 PM

7,271 posts, read 4,615,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It helps that they stopped counting the reinfections.

Shocking how numbers drop when you stop counting.
Yes I guess Elliot didn't hear how the CDC changed the way they *counted* breakthrough cases. Right.

Some people are so gullible.

Old 05-27-2021, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Yes I guess Elliot didn't hear how the CDC changed the way they *counted* breakthrough cases. Right.

Some people are so gullible.
Many are gullible and our government very well knows that and uses it all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies