Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2021, 04:13 PM

962 posts, read 541,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
The vaccines work "for now" is the best you can say because no one knows how this will morph or what it will turn into in the future or what long term side effects either the vaccine or having had the virus will do....5-10 years down the road is what long term data will provide.
Once again, you provide ZERO evidence as to why we should be concerned about long term risk. You cant just say "it's new, we don't know it's safe", because we do know that it's safe. We know it's safe because nearly a half billion people are fully vaccinated. We know it's safe because the ingredients are known, safe, and unremarkable.

You have no basis to doubt the long term safety. Show me something.

Old 05-27-2021, 04:15 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,765,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_thunder View Post
It means it's been found to be safe and extremely effective.
Try again.

Old 05-27-2021, 04:16 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,120,679 times
Quote:
lol, no kid. We gotta show you nothing. Everyone is making up their mind on this thing, and they owe no explanation, except go get ... {CD bleep }

Old 05-27-2021, 04:16 PM

962 posts, read 541,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
The CDC estimates something like 120 million Americans had COVID19, with 34 million confirmed cases. Most didn't even know they had anything.

I'm not talking about safety, if you had the vaccine already, you're probably fine. I'm talking about if it will work. Bottom line, each amino acid shift on that spike protein, and efficacy of these vaccines is dropping like a bowling bowl. Pfizer 1 dose is worthless against the Indian variant, and 2 doses just buys you 80%. A couple more amino acid shifts, and you will be getting yearly boosters.

And I will be laughing my a$$ off. Now you guys gotta just get a yearly booster to stay healthy.
That's the best you got? JUST 80%? The flu shot is around 50% effective. 80% is miraculous in comparison.

And if it turns out you need an annual shot, like, um, the flu shot, that doesn't seem so bad.

Old 05-27-2021, 04:17 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,120,679 times
Quote:
That's the best you got? JUST 80%? The flu shot is around 50% effective. 80% is miraculous in comparison.

And if it turns out you need an annual shot, like, um, the flu shot, that doesn't seem so bad.
Well, count me out. You have your fun getting your shots, like a pet dog.

The flu shot doesn't work, so it ain't a great benchmark.

Old 05-27-2021, 04:20 PM

25,838 posts, read 18,870,148 times
Quote:
Once again, you provide ZERO evidence as to why we should be concerned about long term risk. You cant just say "it's new, we don't know it's safe", because we do know that it's safe. We know it's safe because nearly a half billion people are fully vaccinated. We know it's safe because the ingredients are known, safe, and unremarkable.

And you have no evidence that it IS safe long term. Nobody does. That is why the manufacturers have disavowed themselves from any future lawsuits. Why do you think they would do that? Because they know it's safe? No. Makes no sense. If they knew it was safe, they wouldn't have denied responsibility for their product's potential risks.

You are predicting a flip of a coin. Exactly what I am doing. I choose tails. You choose heads. Just don't pretend that there is any real evidence either way for long term safety. Because there is none. Just like the developers themselves make clear.

Russian roulette is also perfectly safe. 83.3% of the times it is played. Still not a gamble I'm willing to take.

Last edited by ChrisC; 05-27-2021 at 04:52 PM..

Old 05-27-2021, 04:20 PM

7,158 posts, read 4,750,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Then there's this study: https://pubs.rsna.org/doi/full/10.1148/ryct.2021200628

That examined cardiac MRI findings in participants with (1) covid and suspected acute myocarditis and (2) non-covid myocarditis along with (3) healthy volunteers. Anyhow they found a different "pathomechanism of myocardial inflammation injury" in patients with SARS-CoV-2 that suggested "an interplay of different broad affections of the cardiovascular system."

More: "A total of 38% (three of eight) of participants with COVID-19 had severe wall-motion abnormalities consistent with patterns of stress-induced cardiomyopathy."

I don't really have a point other than this is complicated. Patients reporting clinical symptoms and resulting studies are not necessarily "scare tactics going around out there to promote the vaccine."

My including the comment on patients presenting with "stress-induced" cardiomyopathy (or broken-heart syndrome) doesn't mean I believe patients brought the finding on themselves by stressing too much when they developed covid. Or that patients with Long Covid (presenting with clinical symptoms) don't have a real syndrome.

I dunno.
Interesting.
There are so many studies out there that anyone can find a study or doctor's opinion to back up their personal agenda. It's getting ridiculous. It's a "time-will-tell" unprecedented event, with an unprecedented vaccination campaign that seems like a bizarre money-making marketing campaign.

The silencing of differing scientific opinions and studies is a stain on the scientific community, and Fauci's denial of funding Wuhan is damaging. To think that Americans funded the pandemic that was unleashed on us is mind boggling.

Old 05-27-2021, 04:21 PM

17,679 posts, read 6,940,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Does the vax work or doesnt it? You seem confused.
About many things.

Old 05-27-2021, 04:21 PM

43,184 posts, read 18,329,147 times
Quote:

You cannot provide proof for what you don't know......

We don't know that it's safe for the very same reasons...until you have years of data to look back on.

Not even Pfizer nor Moderna know the long term effects and that is why the FedGov gave them total immunity against liability.

Old 05-27-2021, 04:25 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,489,971 times
Quote:

We shall see. This needs to be peer reviewed first.

Quote:
In conclusion, the mRNA BNT162b2 vaccine induces complex functional reprogramming of innate immune responses, which should be considered in the development and use of this new class of vaccines.
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...1256520v1.full
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.