Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you see America headed towards enclavism ?
Yes, positive trend 13 21.67%
Yes, but negative trend 11 18.33%
No, but would be positive 4 6.67%
No, and good to avoid 32 53.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2021, 04:56 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,478,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This is a ridiculous word salad.

Why don't they just say, "We're NIMBYs", because that's what it sounds like. Or kids who build a fort and then tell other kids that they can't come in.

Reading further:

Nope, can't take this person seriously. He wants an echo chamber and government handouts for his 'potential' not actual results.

Barf.

No.
You really think only rewarding people who have already made it in the capitalist system is a great idea? Why not invest in those with potential?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2021, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Most of the major metros are already broken up into enclaves of each and every race.

SoCal alone has Chinese SGV, Armenian nabes llike Glendale, Rich light skinned Beverly Hills, Brown skinned Anaheim, Black Inglewood, and Koreatown.

NYC has same thing.

For sure.

California’s Future of Pan-Enclavism:

"California is a multicultural patchwork with countless examples of existing enclaves such as Chinatowns‎, Tehrangeles and Koreatown in Los Angeles‎, as well as the many Chicano and Mexican neighborhoods‎. Beyond existing designated enclaves, there are broader de-facto pan-enclaves with examples including Asian American areas in the San Gabriel Valley and parts of Northern Orange County, both South and East Asian areas throughout the Silicon Valley, African American areas in Historic South LA and parts of Oakland and Richmond in the Bay Area, and the heavily Jewish parts of LA’s Westside and San Fernando Valley."

"You could even make the case that many European American areas in California are beginning to function as enclaves. Examples include the Sacramento Suburbs in Placer County, Clovis in the Fresno metro, parts of Marin County and Central Contra Costa County in the San Francisco Bay Area, San Luis Obispo on the Central Coast, South Eastern Ventura County, South Orange County, and North San Diego County."

https://robertstark.substack.com/p/c...-pan-enclavism

Old 11-18-2021, 05:12 PM

63,019 posts, read 29,229,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
For sure.

California’s Future of Pan-Enclavism:

"California is a multicultural patchwork with countless examples of existing enclaves such as Chinatowns‎, Tehrangeles and Koreatown in Los Angeles‎, as well as the many Chicano and Mexican neighborhoods‎. Beyond existing designated enclaves, there are broader de-facto pan-enclaves with examples including Asian American areas in the San Gabriel Valley and parts of Northern Orange County, both South and East Asian areas throughout the Silicon Valley, African American areas in Historic South LA and parts of Oakland and Richmond in the Bay Area, and the heavily Jewish parts of LA’s Westside and San Fernando Valley."

"You could even make the case that many European American areas in California are beginning to function as enclaves. Examples include the Sacramento Suburbs in Placer County, Clovis in the Fresno metro, parts of Marin County and Central Contra Costa County in the San Francisco Bay Area, San Luis Obispo on the Central Coast, South Eastern Ventura County, South Orange County, and North San Diego County."

https://robertstark.substack.com/p/c...-pan-enclavism
We are a culturally fractured state and that's not a good thing.

Old 11-18-2021, 05:43 PM

8,428 posts, read 7,440,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
What about freedom of association? It is the idea that individuals can chose who they sell to, rent to, do business with, even if based upon ingroup identity?
You've just described segregation again.

Quote:
"In the name of the greatest people that have ever trod this earth, I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of tyranny, and I say segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever" - George Wallace, 1963 Alabama Governor Inauguration Address.
Do you have the courage of your convictions to admit that you want to return to segregation? Or are you going to offer up more euphemisms?

Old 11-19-2021, 02:01 AM

29,221 posts, read 22,418,120 times
I think the desire to enclave among your own has many more elements in it than just political affinity.

Conservatives seen to want a different lifestyle than progressives. Lifestyles involve a lot of different things that are found in different places. Some of those places are desirable to both groups, while other places appeal to neither group.

And for most folks, even if they dream of moving somewhere else, the bonds of home, family and familiarity keep them planted right where they are. Home is the place where all the money that's necessary for retirement is made. Retirement is the time when folks move to new places to lead new lives in financial safety.

Sometimes, the retired want to enclave, but most want to live in scenery, affordability and climate more than political similarity.

Old 11-19-2021, 02:13 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,122,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I think the desire to enclave among your own has many more elements in it than just political affinity.

Conservatives seen to want a different lifestyle than progressives. Lifestyles involve a lot of different things that are found in different places. Some of those places are desirable to both groups, while other places appeal to neither group.

And for most folks, even if they dream of moving somewhere else, the bonds of home, family and familiarity keep them planted right where they are. Home is the place where all the money that's necessary for retirement is made. Retirement is the time when folks move to new places to lead new lives in financial safety.

Sometimes, the retired want to enclave, but most want to live in scenery, affordability and climate more than political similarity.
I cannot imagine anything more depressing than enclaving with old people. There are communities like this all over Florida, and it's so depressing. Let me enclave with young people even when old !

At this point, due to the pandemic, there is a radical difference between the states especially as an unvaccinated person. In my state (Florida) I can go to gyms, restaurants, etc without needing a vaccine. This is not true if I lived in New York or California.

I moved to Miami for the tax burden, the weather, and energy, and location. And looking back, it was the BEST decision I made. If I were still in California or NYC, I'd move, and fast. Up until the pandemic, I thought of going back to California even with a higher tax burden etc, due to the business climate/energy. But nah, now I'm retired, and glad this never happened. California has nice weather, and scenery, but if the people there support FORCED INJECTIONS, I want nothing to do with them. Ever.

Old 11-19-2021, 07:28 AM

19,090 posts, read 27,667,472 times
You missing one choice in your poll, OP.
Headed into enclavism and can't be avoided.

Yes, WORLD is headed into the new economical/currency zones and there is nothing that can be done about it as it is designed so by The Planner. Unless there will be an unpredictable event of global magnitude, that plan will come true. There will five, I believe, enclaves, and, between them, there will be "each to his own" zones. Years ago, there even was a map of such world published in one of them Elite bullhorn magazines, like Time.

Old 11-19-2021, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
You've just described segregation again.

Do you have the courage of your convictions to admit that you want to return to segregation? Or are you going to offer up more euphemisms?
It is not a reactionary system of oppression like Jim Crow, but rather a progressive system of autonomous ethnic (or other voluntary opt-in identity based) communities. It is pro-multi-culturalism.

Old 11-19-2021, 10:54 AM

16,118 posts, read 10,794,956 times
This concept is based on the assumption that real people in America are insecure and are uncomfortable around others who are not like them. That may be true of many on this forum but is not the case in the real world. Except for a small vocal minority that thinks they are being persecuted, are socially paranoid, or live in a self-defined status of victim-hood, most people successfully live, work, worship, and associate with others who are quite different. Some people thrive on that. In spite of claims to the contrary, that is one of our unique strengths.

Society has created de facto enclaves but many people want to be out, not in.

Old 11-19-2021, 10:59 AM

24,694 posts, read 9,510,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The left can't seem to get its messaging clear. Diversity Equity and inclusion sounds to be opposite of people huddling in their own ethic enclaves.
Liberals want their own ethnic enclaves, until they realize the violence is too high and the property values are too low when you kick out all the non-liberal people out. (See Seattle’s autonomous zone)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies