Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2022, 06:05 PM

2,612 posts, read 929,413 times

Advertisements

No

Old 05-24-2022, 06:05 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,953,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
However, duck stamps are federal. As is an FFL license.

I'm of two minds about CCW. The OK Corral was a long time ago and carrying seems an anachronism. In urban settings, I have seen what happens when an armed citizen misses a target. Those who obtain a CCW can become more cocky and insert themselves in situations where they could just go away. (One major component of self-defense is running away; like 'Run, Hide, Fight').

We've had CCW holders shoot each other over dogs pooping on lawns and snow being thrown in driveways. Without guns those arguments may not have been fatal.

Yes, I possess a concealed carry license but I don't often carry.
Every single day unarmed people are murdered by thugs and crazies. This whole thread is pure ignorance, when did CD turn into an anti-gun platform?

BTW - The OK Corral happened because the Earps's tried to enforce an unconstitutional local gun control ordinance on the Clanton's who refused to give up their guns to tyrants and bullies or allow their right of self defense to be stripped away illegally.

Ever seen what happens when POLICE miss their targets? Happens far, far more than lawfully armed citizens - which BTW CCW permit holders are SIX times MORE law abiding than police, 6X.

It is gang members who shoot innocent parties. Go read the paper.

You are the epitomy of the unskilled, untrained ccw permit holder who hasn't a clue and probably should not be carrying a gun.

As for the OP - Go read the 2nd Amendment again.

Old 05-24-2022, 06:09 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,613,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Every single day unarmed people are murdered by thugs and crazies.
"Gun control laws are the criminal's OSHA. They provide him a safe working environment."

Old 05-24-2022, 06:10 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
We already have a zillion gun laws, none of which will prevent these senseless tragedies.

Why is that so hard to understand?
Exactly, and isn't murder against the law as well ?

So we add more band aids (laws) that only the law abiding follow, but how do we stop criminals from committing acts of violence ? When will people understand this ? We need to address the root causes of why people snap, and even then it won't be 100% efficient. But it will be much better than just adding more laws for the sake of it.

Old 05-24-2022, 06:11 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
We already have laws, yet shootings still occur. We have a people problem, not a gun problem.

Ideally, all gun laws should go away, as "Shall not be infringed upon", is quite clear...
Exactly. A deep seeded societal problem.

Old 05-24-2022, 06:12 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,613,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Another lie and you've been told before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puckle_gun

I mean, unless you are saying our founding fathers happened prior to the dates above. We shall all wait for your response.
What you mean "We", Kimosabe?

I'm uninterested in listening to yet another gun ignoramus reciting the same lies and wishful thinking yet again.

Old 05-24-2022, 06:30 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
The Buffalo shooter had known mental issues and threatened to shoot up his school last year. News said the school shooter today suffered from mental illness, but I don’t know to what extent. There are laws already in place to prevent persons with mental conditions or exhibit violent tendencies from possessing firearms. Sounds like a failure in the implementation of these current laws.

Old 05-24-2022, 06:36 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Another lie and you've been told before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puckle_gun

I mean, unless you are saying our founding fathers happened prior to the dates above. We shall all wait for your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
What you mean "We", Kimosabe?

I'm uninterested in listening to yet another gun ignoramus reciting the same lies and wishful thinking yet again.
Yet you posted?

If I offended you, my apologies....yet as of now, you are the only one that has stated this.

Old 05-24-2022, 06:39 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
The Buffalo shooter had known mental issues and threatened to shoot up his school last year. News said the school shooter today suffered from mental illness, but I don’t know to what extent. There are laws already in place to prevent persons with mental conditions or exhibit violent tendencies from possessing firearms. Sounds like a failure in the implementation of these current laws.
Because there is no plan of what to do. As teachers we were required to report but no one did anything. Social services? They are so underfunded that they can't handle all the cases they get. When they finally get around to it, it's usually too late. Police? They don't seem to have much power. The kid gets reported and maybe the parents get talked to by the police but that's the end.

Needs to be another step in place. Somewhere to send these problematic kids where they will be far removed from society and also be getting some help.

Old 05-24-2022, 06:44 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Sure include that. Read the article you included unreliable flintlock ignition, 63 rounds in 7 minutes. That’s 9rounds in a minute.

For comparison the Vegas shooter fired 1000 rounds in 10 minutes killing 61 and injuring 867

The Dayton shooter killed 9 in 30 seconds

The puckle gun is a good trade off.
Quote:
According to the report, Betts lied about his drug use in early 2019 when he purchased the firearm used in the attack.
Are you telling me somone lied to get a gun? Say it ain't sooooo joeeeee............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies