Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2022, 09:53 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,975,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
I tried to stay out of this because, honestly it doesn’t affect if I can feed my family or put a roof over their head. However, Mrs. Obama’s statement just bothered me. Here is a quote from the statement she just released.

So yes, I am heartbroken-for the teenage girl, full of zest and promise, who won't be able to finish school or live the life she wants because her state controls her reproductive decisions;

I’m lost. How about that teenage girl lay off the sausage until finishes school? So abortions were used as another form of birth control so Emily can graduate high school?
So you never experienced a strong sex drive as a teen that totally overwhelmed you? I feel sorry for you if you never experienced that.

Old 06-25-2022, 09:55 AM

3,086 posts, read 1,556,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Not true at all. This decision restores freedom to the people to vote as they see fit. The prior situation was a bunch of unelected Judges setting policy for the entire country.

That is fascism.
Theres no freedom in this decision. Poor women cant get on a plane and fly to get an abortion. Or lots of time a bus or train etc.. And its ok for Missouri and others to pass a law that makes ectopic pregnancy surgery illegal to save a womans life from bleeding to death? Thats ok with you that some states can kill their women by banning certain medical procedures that would save their life because technically those procedures are abortions. Thats ok with you? If so this is a sick vountry.

Old 06-25-2022, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
You do realize that in many states - rape- date rape - incest had no bearing right ? I pray these younger girls do not hurt themselves because can’t find a way out. I pray they don’t hurt the newborns. I pray these old judgmental men retire into oblivion so people can get their freedoms back.

Old 06-25-2022, 09:56 AM

1,868 posts, read 3,072,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
It's a lot cheaper crossing your legs but to each their own.
Accidents happen. Asking people to stop having sex is about as realistic as far left dems wanting to confiscate all guns. It’s never going to happen.

Old 06-25-2022, 09:56 AM

6,100 posts, read 2,881,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
In Wisconsin, already, you can't buy abortion pills online.
There is good reason for that. You have to take them within a certain amount of time. If taken outside of the time frame, those pills put the mother's life at risk. How can it be verified that it is safe for a woman to take one of those pills through the internet?

Old 06-25-2022, 09:58 AM

100 posts, read 61,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
but the libs won.......

Libs have been saying all along it's just a medical procedure.....

....and that's how the supremes ruled

no one has a fundamental right to a medical procedure....the supremes agreed it's just a medical procedure
The problem is our entire legal and criminal justice system in the US is rigged. In Democrat run cities and counties, you can steal $500 worth of stuff from Walgreens and nothing will happen. But if you do that in a Republican run city or county, you can expect the book to be thrown at you unless you are white and have fancy lawyers who know the judge personally.

It's not really about right vs wrong anymore, it's all politics.

3,086 posts, read 1,556,083 times
Quote:
and its ok with you if women bleed to death and some states refuse them a medical procedure to help them since technically an abortion? thats ok? if so another sick example in this country.

6,100 posts, read 2,881,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
So you never experienced a strong sex drive as a teen that totally overwhelmed you? I feel sorry for you if you never experienced that.
Use birth control.... Using abortion as birth control is shameful and inhumane and the opposite of everything the pro-choice crowd used to stand for, "safe, legal, and RARE".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
It's not just at the state level - McConnell has suggested a federal ban on abortion is possible if the GOP retakes control of Congress and the Presidency:

McConnell doesn’t rule out U.S. Senate vote outlawing abortion if GOP takes control - AZMirror
If the SC says abortion regulation belongs at the state level, then would a federal law regulating it be any more legal than a Supreme Court decision on the issue?

Old 06-25-2022, 10:00 AM

5,426 posts, read 3,512,930 times
Quote:
Maybe the men and women who don't want children should be neutered too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.