Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2022, 12:59 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
but isn't it a lot cheaper crossing your legs? I never heard of getting pregnant with your legs cross. That has to be a hell of a sperm.
How many pregnancies have occurred when the male kept his pants zipped? All males should be locked in chastity belts, that would solve everything.

Old 06-25-2022, 01:00 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
Sure, I agree the Supreme Court is right in saying the Supreme Court has no legal basis to legislate a medical procedure. But if the Supreme Court has no such basis, how does ANY court in the country has such basis? That is my point. What is different about state courts that gives them a legal basis to legislate this matter that the Supreme Court decided it was not legally qualified to legislate?
state laws cover medicaid, medical malpractice, personal injuries, etc

abortion is medical

Old 06-25-2022, 01:02 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,984,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
What will this mean to conservative states in the future? There has already been some indication of businesses/company's moving its people out of states promoting conservative oppression. Long term, will this mean loss of population in some states? Will states loose seats in congress because of decreased population? Will the political landscape change when people realize their rights are being compressed into those put forth by religious institutions? Will the radical right continue to suppress freedom in America? Will increased birth rates of people of color, due to lack of abortion clinics, increase the blending of America?
So why are companies moving to blue states which of course isn’t true since red states have fewer regulations and lower corporate tax rates?

Trust me these companies could care less about a woman’s right to choose. They are willing to pay expenses for women to abort because (1) they won’t have to fund maternity and bonding leave. (2) excess time off for family activities that involve a child. (3) Won’t have extra names on employer funded medical insurance.

These companies are no angels in “Helping Women”. They are interested in saving cost.

Old 06-25-2022, 01:07 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,582,090 times
This whole problem would go away if every boy was taught in Jr High Sex Ed class what my grandfather told me when I was 13 years old: "Buckeye, you can't knock'em up with spit."

Problem solved

Old 06-25-2022, 01:07 PM

2,391 posts, read 1,406,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
Women already have the choice to use condoms & birth control pills.
Women also have the choice of understanding their own menstrual cycle & fertility windows so they can avoid getting pregnant.

It's not rocket science.
Any woman with an IQ above 80 can easily avoid getting pregnant and will never need to have an abortion.
Except if she was raped.

Old 06-25-2022, 01:08 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonCoombes View Post
So I was able to get married thanks to federal law, I am a homosexual. I live in SC. If Obergefell were overturned, I would not be allowed to be married to my husband. I pay taxes, I vote (in every election, not just the national ones, even midterms), and I take care of my home and community. Why do they have the right, based on a stupid religion (which btw ‘separation of church and state’), to take that away?
I am not even religious.

I believe in the rule of law. The constitution gave us powers. If you don't like it get a constutional amendment. But you know that all of the people in this country would not allow it...

Everyone in the country can't have everything they want all the time. The constitution and the rules were set out to provide a way for us to resolve these things... but your side cheated.

It has nothing to do with a religion.

Also btw likely 20 or so states would keep it around. Just like with Abortion and you are free to a state that supports what you want.

But why do you have the right to have marriage when the vast majority of people in your country don't agree that you should have that right? Oh and they pay taxes too?

Old 06-25-2022, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Not at all. It only calls for the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT to stop being involved in all of our bedrooms.

Please stop misreporting things to advance you agenda.
Abortion doesn’t take place in the bedroom.

Old 06-25-2022, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
You really don't understand what just happened. I suggest finding out. They did not "take away your right to choose." That will be left up to your state.
“… left up to your state” .. which will take away your right to choose.

Old 06-25-2022, 01:15 PM

1,124 posts, read 926,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I am not even religious.

I believe in the rule of law. The constitution gave us powers. If you don't like it get a constutional amendment. But you know that all of the people in this country would not allow it...

Everyone in the country can't have everything they want all the time. The constitution and the rules were set out to provide a way for us to resolve these things... but your side cheated.

It has nothing to do with a religion.

Also btw likely 20 or so states would keep it around. Just like with Abortion and you are free to a state that supports what you want.

But why do you have the right to have marriage when the vast majority of people in your country don't agree that you should have that right? Oh and they pay taxes too?
The vast majority of people in this country do believe I have the right to marriage? Where have you been, like 7 in 10 Americans believe I do. But why should I have to sell my home, move halfway across the country, because cletus’ god thinks I’m going to hell? If I go to hell I go, why should I care if I don’t believe in it. And MY side? My side is America. So you’re telling me you agree then though, that interracial marriage should also be illegal? It’s also hard to have rule of law in this state, when conservative politics gerrymander state districts so hard. Based purely on ideological and fair mapping, SC should have 2, and depending on the candidate 3, liberal congressional members. We have one.

Old 06-25-2022, 01:16 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
You really don't understand what just happened. I suggest finding out. They did not "take away your right to choose." That will be left up to your state.
You really don’t understand the implications of what just happened. I suggest you think harder and do some research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies