Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2022, 01:29 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,610,277 times

Advertisements

so Biden claims that abortion rights will be on the ballot in November. but do you really think thats the #1 priority in our lives? Will they forget how Biden has caused them great financial hardship with high gasoline, baby formula crisis, inflation, etc.

Old 06-25-2022, 01:29 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,649,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Calzadilla View Post
The Bible never specifically addresses the issue of abortion. However, there are numerous teachings in Scripture that make it abundantly clear what God’s view of abortion is. Jeremiah 1:5 tells us that God knows us before He forms us in the womb.
Psalm 139:13–16 speaks of God’s active role in our creation and formation in the womb. Exodus 21:22–25 prescribes the same penalty—death—for someone who causes the death of a baby in the womb as for someone who commits murder. This law and its punishment clearly indicate that God considers a baby in the womb to be just as much a human being as a full-grown adult.
For the Christian, abortion is not a matter of a woman’s right to choose to have a baby. The baby is already present and living. Abortion is a matter of the life or death of a human being made in God’s image (Genesis 1:26–27; 9:6). What does the Bible say about abortion? Simply put, abortion is murder. It is the killing of a human being created in the image of God.
As difficult as it would be to become pregnant as a result of rape or incest, is the murder of a baby the solution? A child who is conceived through rape or incest is as much made in the image of God as any other human. That child’s life should be protected just as much as the life of any other human being.
The circumstances of conception never determine the worth of a person or that person’s future. The baby in this situation is completely innocent and should not be punished for the evil act of his or her father.
Incorrect. There is one mention of abortion in the Bible. God commanded that if a man suspected his pregnant wife of adultery, he was to bring her before a priest where she would be forced to drink an abortifacient Numbers 5:11-31, read it for yourself. That is what the Bible actually says about abortion.

Old 06-25-2022, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I am not even religious.

I believe in the rule of law. The constitution gave us powers. If you don't like it get a constutional amendment. But you know that all of the people in this country would not allow it...

Everyone in the country can't have everything they want all the time. The constitution and the rules were set out to provide a way for us to resolve these things... but your side cheated.

It has nothing to do with a religion.

Also btw likely 20 or so states would keep it around. Just like with Abortion and you are free to a state that supports what you want.

But why do you have the right to have marriage when the vast majority of people in your country don't agree that you should have that right? Oh and they pay taxes too?
And, the Supreme Court was set up so that the majority of those who want a certain law, wont always prevail. it gives a chance to the underdog or the minority of people who want a certain law happen or change. the disgruntled people who are sad about these 2 cases (gun control and Roe) didn't go well for them, but they ought to be glad that there is a Supreme Court.

Old 06-25-2022, 01:31 PM

43,204 posts, read 18,363,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
If GOP got control of White House, Senate, House, and maintained SC 100% they would pass legislation banning abortion, birth control, and gay marriage in every state. People only go for State's Rights when there is no chance and advancing something nationwide.
You're projecting here....just go home and vote D for your state.

Old 06-25-2022, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
On average, women are fertile for about two days per month for about 30 solid years.

However, men are fertile 365 days a year. In fact, if you’re a man who ejaculates multiple times a day, you could cause multiple pregnancies daily. In theory, a man could cause hundreds of unwanted pregnancies every year for about 70 years.

. . . let’s look at birth control for men — i.e., condoms. They’re readily available at all hours, inexpensive, convenient, and don’t require a prescription. They’re effective and work on demand, instantly. They don’t cause aneurysms, mood swings, or debilitating cramps. Men can keep them stocked up just in case, so they’re always prepared. They can be easily used at the last minute. So much easier than birth control options for women.

So why would there ever be unwanted pregnancies? Why don’t men just use condoms every time they have sex? Seems so simple, right?

In fact, it’s very, very common for men to pressure women to have sex without a condom. It’s also not unheard of for men to remove the condom during sex without the women’s permission or knowledge.

https://humanparts.medium.com/men-ca...s-eb0e8288a7e5
This is exactly why all males need to be locked into chastity belts from puberty on. An individual male can be temporarily released should a woman apply for a permit, in order to conceive. Viola, no more unwanted pregnancies.

Old 06-25-2022, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
I already replied to this, but I don't see my reply anywhere, so not sure what happened.

"Life" is the word we choose to describe a process that begins at what we call "conception" (ie, fusing of biologic structures that we call egg and sperm) When does a human organism become a person - and what is a person? I think a person is a human organism that is aware of itself..
Not that i am a biologist, however, a fetus begins as a seed in the sperm of the father. it does not have all its nerve endings working yet, its mind to being to be aware of itself much less what is going on around him/her. so I disagree with your definition of when life begins. that fetus will eventually grow nerves and the mind and the brain enough to become self aware.. but it is not at that point yet, like at 4 weeks of life inside the mother.

Weird how one day you could be considered just a blob of tissue non person but 24 hours later, you are a person.

if a person is going to eventually grow out of that tiny sperm seed, then that person has to be considered at a person at conception. the sperm (seed) is not considered a person because it has not joined with the egg, at which point, the sperm becomes a human. And will continue to grow all its arms legs, etc.

Old 06-25-2022, 01:36 PM

51,656 posts, read 25,878,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Incorrect. There is one mention of abortion in the Bible. God commanded that if a man suspected his pregnant wife of adultery, he was to bring her before a priest where she would be forced to drink an abortifacient Numbers 5:11-31, read it for yourself. That is what the Bible actually says about abortion.
Yes, indeed.

An unfaithful wife is supposed to drink a concoction that "makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell."

But what the hell difference does it make if the Bible prescribes abortions or not, our nation is a nation of laws based on a Constitution not the Bible, and there is nothing in the Constitution that gives either the federal or the state government the right to make medical decisions for competent people.

Old 06-25-2022, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
This whole problem would go away if every boy was taught in Jr High Sex Ed class what my grandfather told me when I was 13 years old: "Buckeye, you can't knock'em up with spit."

Problem solved
I like your grandfather.

Old 06-25-2022, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I am not even religious.

I believe in the rule of law. The constitution gave us powers. If you don't like it get a constutional amendment. But you know that all of the people in this country would not allow it...

Everyone in the country can't have everything they want all the time. The constitution and the rules were set out to provide a way for us to resolve these things... but your side cheated.

It has nothing to do with a religion.

Also btw likely 20 or so states would keep it around. Just like with Abortion and you are free to a state that supports what you want.

But why do you have the right to have marriage when the vast majority of people in your country don't agree that you should have that right? Oh and they pay taxes too?
So much wrong.

Old 06-25-2022, 01:40 PM

8,390 posts, read 4,413,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
state laws cover medicaid, medical malpractice, personal injuries, etc

abortion is medical
States legally cover questions like whether Medicaid reimburses a certain procedure, and they cover malpractice or personal injury litigation. Can they outright ban a medical procedure?

If someone can successfully argue that abortion is a form of malpractice or personal injury in, say, Texas, and this becomes a precedent for the state law, I would move out of Texas if I lived there and there was any possibility I could conceive. I would not take chances. I would not break a law of the land even if I saw it as unconstitutional, but I would not live in a place with such a law if the law had any chance of affecting me at all.

None of this, however, means that RvW "dictated a medical procedure". It never dictated abortion, or any other medical procedure.

Listen, it is a nice Sat afternoon outside, and this is all theoretical to me, since it has no way of affecting me. I feel for younger women, though, who may need to move en masse to different states - oh well, maybe California will finally pursue a housing development boom in the Central Valley? Good time to be a real estate developer in certain states :-). I don't have any other opinions to post in this thread.

Last edited by elnrgby; 06-25-2022 at 02:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.