Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2022, 07:25 AM

18,531 posts, read 15,362,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Bey-Sty.... another awful neighborhood. NYC is a lost cause at this stage.
Well, that neighborhood hasn't really changed much in the last 40 years.

"I've been stranded in the combat zone
I walked through Bedford Stuy alone
Even rode my motorcycle in the rain
And you told me not to drive
But I made it home alive
So you said that only proves that I'm insane"

-Billy Joel 1980
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2022, 09:58 AM

3,772 posts, read 1,467,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
If you look at this hood's wrap sheet he should never have seen the light of day again. Has nothing to do with being "tough" on crime just enforce the laws equally as they are written on the books.
That's what I said. I said balanced approach. Problem with these leftists woke white liberals and black activists allies is taut equally does not mean the same for everybody. And people like your woke whites and black activist who do social justice. Many are fine with blacks killing whites and blacks killing each other. Just not the other way around.

Old 08-03-2022, 09:59 AM

8,941 posts, read 2,991,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
I'm from NYC. Tough on crime will only anger the left, and soft on crime will only anger the right. The best approach is a balanced method of justice especially for black and brown, mostly black youths who get in trouble in NYC. Btw in a person of color and did alright in NYC. I'm person of color too. All I know is this white liberals and black activist who say they care about black people and anything black and brown. They should get out of their ivory towers and gated communities and spend 24-7 with them to see what they truly need,instead of 8 hours at at a black and brown school while teaching some critical theory stuff.
Who cares what color you are or what color the criminals are?

Old 08-03-2022, 10:06 AM

20,345 posts, read 9,220,033 times
people committing violent crimes are let go after they're arrested. It's happening in every large city in the country.

Old 08-03-2022, 11:00 AM

79,107 posts, read 61,238,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
NYC does.

They shut down their gang and gun taskforces because it had a disproportionate impact on minorities.

They've gone to "softer" (aka fewer cops, let the poor areas sort it out themselves) in certain areas so as to not have a "George Floyd" type riot as well.

So sadly, color is at the very root of how these communities are policing.

It was before too, I certainly recognize the police abuses and NYPD, Chicago PD, LAPD are all legendary for but rather than reasoned reforms some politicians just threw the baby out with the bath water so to speak.

Old 08-03-2022, 11:22 AM

9,388 posts, read 6,500,586 times
Question: What to do about New York City?

Answer: bai lan <---Look it up.

Old 08-03-2022, 11:23 AM

21,548 posts, read 10,673,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
I'm from NYC. Tough on crime will only anger the left, and soft on crime will only anger the right. The best approach is a balanced method of justice especially for black and brown, mostly black youths who get in trouble in NYC. Btw in a person of color and did alright in NYC. I'm person of color too. All I know is this white liberals and black activist who say they care about black people and anything black and brown. They should get out of their ivory towers and gated communities and spend 24-7 with them to see what they truly need,instead of 8 hours at at a black and brown school while teaching some critical theory stuff.
So black and brown people should especially get a balanced method of justice? Explain why black and brown people are special above and beyond anyone else. Everyone deserves due process under the law, and also everyone who commits violent crimes should be jailed. I don’t care what color skin they have.

Old 08-03-2022, 12:06 PM

1,228 posts, read 571,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
NY Dem lawmakers. Since there was more black and brown guys in lockup waiting for their trial (they can't afford bail as easily as whites is what they said) they passed bail reform. Basically you are going to be out of jail waiting for a court date unless the charge is murder, attempted murder etc.

Old 08-03-2022, 01:04 PM

5,105 posts, read 2,313,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
So black and brown people should especially get a balanced method of justice? Explain why black and brown people are special above and beyond anyone else. Everyone deserves due process under the law, and also everyone who commits violent crimes should be jailed. I don’t care what color skin they have.
I think he means black and brown people are especially in need of justice to be applied equally, not that they need 'special' justice.

Old 08-03-2022, 01:21 PM

38,752 posts, read 22,521,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
How about who cares get's angered ? Start enforcing the law, get these criminals off the streets , and reduce the violence and crime ? That is all that should matter.
My thoughts exactly. Who gives a crap if the hand wringers are complaining, while sitting in their safe gated communities. We should all support enforcing the law for violent criminal offenders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies