Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2022, 07:31 PM

79,095 posts, read 61,238,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Morgan has been arrested. His record showed 13 prior arrests including for assault and theft of service in 2018 and for grand larceny in 2019.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ff0d46a3952c00

Murdered McDonalds employee over "cold fries" dispute.

Not really sure how you defend the NYC justice system after this one.

They don't arrest and prosecute to any real effect and just everyday people end up paying the price.

This isn't an indictment of just NY but rather of many cities around the country where very very soft policing and prosecution are in place for violent offenders.

Heck, for stuff like weed I'm 100% in favor of release from jail and de-criminalization. However, for these violent dudes, they need to lock them up.

Keep in mind, their victims are vastly vastly poorer minorities so spare me the "equity" BullPoo.

Soft on crime ONLY benefits the politicians, not the poorest and most vulnerable citizens trying to make it through the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2022, 09:23 PM

3,772 posts, read 1,467,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ff0d46a3952c00

Murdered McDonalds employee over "cold fries" dispute.

Not really sure how you defend the NYC justice system after this one.

They don't arrest and prosecute to any real effect and just everyday people end up paying the price.

This isn't an indictment of just NY but rather of many cities around the country where very very soft policing and prosecution are in place for violent offenders.

Heck, for stuff like weed I'm 100% in favor of release from jail and de-criminalization. However, for these violent dudes, they need to lock them up.

Keep in mind, their victims are vastly vastly poorer minorities so spare me the "equity" BullPoo.

Soft on crime ONLY benefits the politicians, not the poorest and most vulnerable citizens trying to make it through the day.
I'm from NYC. Tough on crime will only anger the left, and soft on crime will only anger the right. The best approach is a balanced method of justice especially for black and brown, mostly black youths who get in trouble in NYC. Btw in a person of color and did alright in NYC. I'm person of color too. All I know is this white liberals and black activist who say they care about black people and anything black and brown. They should get out of their ivory towers and gated communities and spend 24-7 with them to see what they truly need,instead of 8 hours at at a black and brown school while teaching some critical theory stuff.

Old 08-03-2022, 06:29 AM

29,877 posts, read 14,917,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
I'm from NYC. Tough on crime will only anger the left, and soft on crime will only anger the right. The best approach is a balanced method of justice especially for black and brown, mostly black youths who get in trouble in NYC. Btw in a person of color and did alright in NYC. I'm person of color too. All I know is this white liberals and black activist who say they care about black people and anything black and brown. They should get out of their ivory towers and gated communities and spend 24-7 with them to see what they truly need,instead of 8 hours at at a black and brown school while teaching some critical theory stuff.
How about who cares get's angered ? Start enforcing the law, get these criminals off the streets , and reduce the violence and crime ? That is all that should matter.

Old 08-03-2022, 06:31 AM

9,408 posts, read 7,056,234 times
Quote:

If you look at this hood's wrap sheet he should never have seen the light of day again. Has nothing to do with being "tough" on crime just enforce the laws equally as they are written on the books.

Old 08-03-2022, 06:39 AM

31,339 posts, read 14,424,594 times
Bey-Sty.... another awful neighborhood. NYC is a lost cause at this stage.

Old 08-03-2022, 06:40 AM

292 posts, read 93,488 times
Quote:
Soft on crime is why I carry a gun!

Old 08-03-2022, 06:49 AM

24,964 posts, read 9,689,622 times
Quote:
I'm from NYC. Tough on crime will only anger the left, and soft on crime will only anger the right.
And criminals will only keep killing the innocent..

So glad to know that NYC has it's priorities in order.

Old 08-03-2022, 06:55 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,188,742 times
Sounds like that nasty city is returning to the Roaring 20's

Old 08-03-2022, 07:15 AM

24,793 posts, read 17,529,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
If you look at this hood's wrap sheet he should never have seen the light of day again. Has nothing to do with being "tough" on crime just enforce the laws equally as they are written on the books.

It does not matter our skin tone, we all have a choice to make everyday whether we are going to follow the general Rules and Laws of society and be a decent member of it OR if we are going to be a criminal.

This is such a basic concept but if you do the crime then be ready to do the time.

I don't know if we should be blaming the criminal justice system for the fact that there are more Black guys in prison than white or if we should be blaming Black culture but still they have a choice. It is not like the minorities are stealing food for their starving families.

If you choose not to break the law in the first place then there is a high probability that you will not be arrested.

Giving criminals chance after chance does nothing but put innocent people at risk.

We should bring back the 3 strikes rule and actually apply it to every case and if there is a gun used in the first offense you go directly to jail.

The Left seems to think that enforcing Laws is somehow Racist but becoming a victim has no race.

Old 08-03-2022, 07:20 AM

26,331 posts, read 19,223,381 times
And five years from now, he'll have ten murders under his belt and will still be in the "catch and release because of my race" program.

That hellhole of a city needs Vlad ÈšepeÈ™ as mayor. Maybe he could clean the place up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies